If a girl is friendly and easygoing with everybody, except me, what should I assume?

Its just very obvious. People can talk to her and joke and she is all smiles and laughs and she is very pleasant to them. There's no doubt in anybody's mind (our friends) that we get along, but we just have a very different kind of relationship. She is a lot quieter with me, unless I start a conversation and even when I do, she doesn't seem very enthusiastic, she is cold and short at times.

However, even if she is being like that, she always responds and is always teasing me and calling me names. She knows I like when she is like that because we can go head to head with sarcasm and smartass responses and our friends always start laughing when they hear us talk, because its funny, but she just acts so dry and calls me names like she doesn't like me. She calls me annoying a lot, no matter what I say she is always calling me that but we do have pleasant and funny conversations.

She tells me we are not friends and yet she seems comfortable enough to call me all kinds of things, we argue a lot, we seem to disagree on every single thing and yet, she seems to enjoy it because as annoying as I'm being, she will keep talking to me and giggling and smiling (while trying to hide it) so I don't know what to do. Should I leave her alone? She gets upset when I ignore her and yet when I talk, she calls me annoying so its just so confusing, please help.

Most Helpful Girl

• hmmn that's odd I definitely sense some TENSION going on here, like its 50/50 she may be attracted to you but at the same time doesn't like your personality may be or doesn't see a future with you so she's kind of stuck in the situation. I feel like I've felt this way before like sometimes I think a guy is cool and all but I don't wanna date him necessarily.

another thing can be that she is just shy around you because she is attracted to u, and she's quiet because she doesn't know the right things to say or is insecure to be herself...i guess she's self conscious around you and doesn't wanna do the wrong thing to turn you off.

its a tricky situation, but for some reason I feel like I've been in this situation before lol.

• There's definitely tension, everybody seems to feel it because when we start "arguing" they will say "excuse me" and leave, but they know we are just playing around. About being shy, well, she is certainly "shy" when she has to start a conversation with me about anything, even chit chat. However, she is not shy at all to call me names or be sarcastic and stuff, she just seems so comfortable doing that, she smiles really wide, makes eye contact etc but when we are just talking, she is quiet

What Girls Said 3

• I think she likes you, but this is her way of flirting with you. She is probably self-concious around you and doesn't know what to say, so she teases you instead. I have been in this situation before, its difficult and I was afraid to tell him how I felt. No, I don't think you should leave her alone.

• Maybe she just doesn't know what she wants.

• Try having a normal conversation with her and see what happens.

• Oh I've tried and her facial expressions and demeanor makes me hope I kept my mouth shut :P. However, she has told me that I shouldn't assume that she is annoyed and just "ignore it" and not care about it and not react to her expressions, but its a bit hard not to, so I don't know what to do.

What Guys Said 1

• its probably because you argue all the time and she just got used to it. Try to not argue once for a change and talk to her about something that interests her. There is a saying in my country which sais there isn't who loved except after a rivalry.