What does it mean when a guy says he wants to keep his options open?

I asked this guy if he was into me, and he said I don't know it's a possibility, I'm just keeping my options open.

Most Helpful Guy

• He likes you, but not enough to turn down opportunities for pu$$y...

...

...oh, I mean girls.

-----

In short, he wants to have his cake and eat it, too, and is honest enough to tell you (which imo is commendable; MANY guys don't tell you what he told u).

So if you do date him, he already let you know that the relationship is open.

Is this something you can live with?

What Guys Said 5

• That means, if he can get his penis "into you" ...hopefully he can get it into other women...

That is "keeping his options open' Sounds like a moron that doesn't know what the hell to say to you...

• It means he doesn't really like you, but would like to sleep with you. Stay away. Seriously, this doesn't end well fo you if you put up with him.

• Did you ask him that in the morning?

• Sounds like he doesn't really care, might have a fling but doesn't seem like the kind you want a relationship with.

• It means he doesn't want to commit.

What Girls Said 3

• This is one of the many ways in which guys tell girls that they're just not that into them. Another form of the same sort of message is "I don't want to ruin our friendship". He likes you, but not enough to be with you. Move on and if he figures out how great you are he'll come find you.

• Translation: "I'd maybe like to sleep with you..and her...and her...and her..."

• he is not into serious relationships and he is not interested.