If a guy says he would date you if he didn't have a girlfriend?

This guy and I have been talking a lot lately and I'm completely head over heals for him, I'm to the point where I can't get him out of my head. My heart is constantly aching for him and I can tell when he's thinking about me, long story. Anyway, he has a girlfriend. I know he thinks I'm attractive and I'm 99% sure we'd date if he didn't. We're in high school but go to different schools. Should I just give up on him or should I be the friend who's always there for him and wait? We see each other at least once a week and text almost every day. Thanks for your help :)

~Sydney

Most Helpful Girl

• i was in the same situation before. It's best for you to stay friends with him but have your feelings move on. He may like you but he's not cheating on his girlfriend, he's not ending the relationship, so you can tell he'll continue to be with her. However, being there for him as a friend will show that you care, which is great. So, be friends,but have your heart find someone you can be with.

What Guys Said 1

• I think you should move on. Yeah I know hard to do, and since he's not cheating on his girlfriend with you, even shows that he's a more of a catch. But they could be together for a very long time. They could end up married. Why should you put your own life on hold, possibly passing up other good men, for a guy who may never become available.

What Girls Said 1

• Whatever you do, PLEASE don't get in between his relationship with his girlfriend.

If he ends up dumping his girlfriend for you, how do you know he won't do the exact same thing to you?