Why do guys try to keep their options open this way?

I have a friend who's been dating this girl, but still thinks he needs to keep his options open just in case it doesn't work out. I don't understand this. If he likes the girl he's dating, why does he need to keep searching for other girls? I know when I start to date someone there is no way I'm going to be searching for other guys. In my opinion, that's how you lose someone good.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he's self centered and lacks understanding, that upsets me very much.

Now I can understand if you went on first dates with women, like something innocent like the movies and no form of kissing and touching, once you start going multiple dates with the same girl, you have to come to a single decision on which girl to be exclusive with.

Guys do this more than girls because men are into sexual/physical actions than a female who are more sensitive/understanding.

What Guys Said 3

• To most pretty girls, you're "just another option"

• To keep options open. He's not really committed to the relationship so he needs a plan b.

• I love you?

What Girls Said 2

• I think this guy might be a player... or maybe he is just not really into the relationship he is in right now, he could just be dating this girl to be dating someone until a "better offer" comes along... guys are weird, but if your friends with this girl I would make sure she doesn't really fall for him until you somehow find out that he is actually fully really to be committed to the relationship.

• Because you don't want a commitment just in case someone else you like come along

Unless I am in love with the guy,I feel the same way. Too many options lol