Dating British Women: What are they like?

I'm heading to the UK for the summer this year, and I'm fairly interested in dating a few British women while I'm there. Thing is though, I just don't know much about British culture or anything. I'm also not sure if British women would really "accept" me, if you know what I mean. Any guys with experience dating British girls? Or any British girls who can help me out somewhat?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I'm British.

It depends where you go. Apparently anon. girl has only watched Made In Chelsea and assumes we are all like that...

What aspects of British culture would you like to know? You are welcome to fire questions at me and I will answer them.

• oh cool. Well one thing I would like to know is if there are any sort of differences in dating or ways that British girls are accustomed to being approached by guys? I know with german girls for example, being on time for things (or even coming early) is a much bigger deal to them than women in other countries. Also, how's interracial dating down there? I don't know how many black women I would realistically run into down there, but I planned on playing the field.

• and yeah I'm not sure what's up with that anon girl, but I think British girls are pretty hot lol. Hope I can hook up with one while I'm there

• Haha why thanks ;) That's alright. Anything else I can help with, just holla!

What Girls Said 3

• pretty normal... I mean we eat babies just like everybody else

• Stuck up and rude. Just like British guys, oh I mean "lads".

• I guess a bunch of loser Brits couldn't handle the truth.

• Even when other people did? Interesting. F***off.

• Haters gon hate

What Guys Said 15

• Just like anywhere really. Many are bitchy, some are lovely. It is generally accepted that people from London are more aloof and less willing to chat to strangers. Even some girl from London I used to hang around with said the same thing. So you might want to consider going elsewhere for a more friendly vibe. Just remember that it's a different culture. So even if Brits aren't overtly open as their North American counterparts, it doesn't mean that beneath the surface they're judging you any more or less. We're generally rather liberal, open minded, and extremely multicultural.

Any other stereotypes are just flat out stupid. Generally only the coarsest strata of society have 'f***ed up teeth' or are fat. I went to a gig last night, and there was literally not one obese person.

• Fat.

Well. Not all of them, but sorry, no offense but us Brits are one of the fattest countries in Europe.

What do you mean you don't think British women would 'accept' you?

All I can guess since all you've given us is a picture of a black guy is you're worried about racism? Brits are much less racist than Americans. It's more class that tends to get us worked up than race. Black people especially are the most integrated and accepted minority.

Be aware that British people tend not to date. Especially young people.

• can't be any worse than Americans lol. But from what I gather here, a lot of people here don't like British women. I haven't really gotten down to why yet. And in terms of class, well since I would be coming from another country, I imagine that won't be too much of an issue

• From the British women I've been around (quite a few exchange students at my uni)...on average they tend to be a bit more blunt, assertive, and less PC (politically correct).

My sample size is less than 50 British females, so I wouldn't take my analysis completely as truth. :-P

• That seems to fit the descriptions I'm seeing here and elsewhere about brits, haha

• I never dated any British women, but I can say that many of them were very nice and some were jerks, just like American girls. I stayed in London for about a month, so I don't no much about about women from other areas of the UK. Where will you be going? I would suggest that you Google the city or town that you are going to be visiting and find out about the local culture. Even though London is in the UK, it was very much like NYC and Boston in many areas. I would also suggest staying in a hostel, some are really nice and you can travel to different parts of Britain. Also, what do you mean when you said, "I'm also not sure if British women would really "accept" me."? Also, don't be confused if you buy something and they tell you it's 20 quid... That just means the price is £20.00; it took me a while to catch on to that one, LOL! Have fun on your trip!

• From what I've heard, British women are more likely to be assertive and straight forward.

Do as they please and there won't be any problems.

• Go to South London: Most of them want to be American >.>

Beyond that, most British women are rather tarty in my experience. Not to mention that they have voices that can make ears vomit D: (Yet again, I hate all accents for some reason :O)

• Tarty? haha, well I'm actually canadian` but it seems like a lot of people around here don't like British girls

• Tell your fellow Canadians that I agree! xD

• British women love black men

• Assuming you are coming from an English speaking first world country you will likely find them to be quite similar to what you are used to.

If its London you are heading to keep in mind its one of the most multicultural cities in the world, so if the British women aren't interested there are plenty of women from other parts of the world you can meet too haha.

It would be easier to give advice if you told us where you are from and where in the UK you are visiting.

• ah nice. Yeah I'm actually from Canada. I would like to visit london first, then probably hop around to some of the UK's other major cities. I'm still trying to come up with a list

• British girls are ugly most of the time bro (im British)

• Similar to American women.

• A couple of Bacardi Breezers and the taxi fair home? That might just be Sunderland, tho...

• The British girls that I know seem just like every other girl, except with an accent. That's neat that your going there, is it for school or did you just save up money to travel?

• yea I saved up some cash, and ill be going for a little while with some friends of mine. Hopefully I get lucky down there, haha

• Haha, awesome man hell yeah, safe travels!

• They would accept you as long as you show your true self and not living up to what you think their expectation of you is.

• I want a hot British girl so bad!

• The words "Hot" and "British" sort of cancel out xD

• Dude have you looked at your British men's magazines?! You guys have some of the finest women in the entire world over there!

• They rarely have teeth and eat bad food. To call someone a d*** is not so bad. Know a banger is a sausage. bloody doesn't always mean messy :P and tea and biscuits are da bomb. (British women are the same as Canadian or most other women you could meet in North America or Europe...people are people)