Ice cream date as first date idea? thoughts good or lame?

is this girl I like and she works at a store that sells ice cream cones during the summer , I had a though that maybe as a first date idea I should ask if she wants to join me and have a cone together one day , we could walk to a nearby park and talk .

i'm thinking this might be a good idea for a number of reasons as its simple , affordable , close by and might help to tone down my reputation which is more of a bar going guy at moment and this might help her to see my softer side .

of course not sure cause she does work there so it could start up some gossip and I'm not sure when she gets breaks or for how long or even 100% sure she's single

anyways looking for some second opinions ? girls is this something you'd go for ? good idea ? lame what are your thoughs

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's totally sweet, if you get to thinking she doesn't want ice cream then try a picnic by the park during her break. But I think she'll love what you already have in mind, cause contrary to what guys think girls do like simple, except every now and then

• we seem to all agree the idea is solid but how should I go about asking ? as I can't honestly expect her to just up and leave work to go on a date with me . should I ask her at work or somewhere else ? and maybe try and meet her at a time convenient or a day she has off

What Girls Said 3

• awww id like something like that go for it. its a good idea.

• It sounds lovely for a first date, even though she spends all day selling them, I'll bet she will enjoy/like the fact that you've bought one for her, and walking around the park will allow for casual conversation and well its a very smooth introduction to dating. I think you should do it. If not then take her coffee and walk around the park with that, so same theme just different purchase.

• we seem to all agree the idea is a good one but how do I go about asking ? would it be too awkward to ask when she is at work ? maybe I should try and get her # first then ask to meet up for this idea , then I'd know if she was at least interested if she gives me # is that a good plan

• Just casually inquire when she finishes work one day, and if she has any plans after. Then again ask in a casual tone if maybe one day when she finishes would she like to join you for ice cream (or what ever you decide to do) if she says no, then don't feel dejected but, again with a smile say maybe some other time then. If she replies with a yes, you know she's interested, if no, well then I'm afraid things didn't go so well.

• Good, that's awesome

What Guys Said 2

• Lame. She probably doesn't want to be around ice cream after being around it all day. The park is good, but not the ice cream. Find out if she's single first, and ask for a proper date.

• i'm not sure how to find out if she's single other than asking her , I don't know her gf's well and if I ask about her its going to go back to her that I was asking . I tried to check on internet but all I found was a partial fb profile no relationship status listed but no pics of her with any guys so I think she's single . I do want to do a proper date but this be a less expensive way of finding out if she is interested than going all out at a pricely restaurant

• Then don't take her to a restaurant. Take her out for a coffee.

• definity aiming for something simple for a first date idea , coffee date is OK to . its a very small town so there isn't any real fancy places that sell coffee here not like in the city where there everywhere

• It's really a good idea because you can use it to talk something about the other person.