Guys: How many of you shave before a date?

Guys: How many of you shave before a date? If you do, why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had a beard for over 10 years. it's always been there. I don't shave at all. The most I do is trim it to make it look good. But before a date? Yeah, maybe. If it 's not looking it's best, then why not? Wanna look good for the date. Anyway, it's somewhat irrelevant now, considering I've been with the same girl for over six years. I say somewhat, because I still do try to look good for her.

What Guys Said 11

• I guess I'd do that , usually do a quick shave if I was going out for night anyways but for a date would go all out

• I always shave at the same time each day in the morning. I have shaved at night when trying to dress my best, but it isn't good to shave when you are nervous. I cut myself shaving once before a big dance and messed up a white dress shirt collar that I had to clean in the bathroom at the place after discovering I bled the whole way there. That wasn't fun.

I know how to make out without rubbing my sandpaper face everywhere, so that hasn't been an issue.

• It depends... If it's a night time date, most likely. It's just part of getting cleaned up... If it's a she slept over last night and lets do something today Satuday day time date sort of thing, then no.

• I look like a kid when I don't shaveSo I like a little facial hair

• I do. it just makes me feel more professional. Put it this way, would a guy shave for an interview? Well...if he cares about the date he should probably shave for that to.

• I do when we make plans to go out. But if its short notice nahhhhhh son.

• i usually don't depends if I look bad

• Only if I think it looks bad. If I haven't shaved in like a week, then I need to shave. If I shaved yesterday or before yesterday, I will keep my face the way it is.

• I've never even had a date, despite all my effort. But yeah I probably would shave.

• I'd trim my beard before a date, but I wouldn't shave, I look baby faced without my beard.

• Legs and armpits are a must for girls, but I wish more girls DIDN'T shave all their pubes off. It makes you look like a child! Plus don't say it's cleaner because it's there for a reason! Stupid social norms and media have made shaving popular, no other reason.

• Thanks for answering but you mis-read the question. I wasn't asking if you like a girl to shave. I wanted to know how many guys shave their faces before a date.

• i prefer guys to shave their legs and arm pits. f do so I'm usually attracted to naturally hairless guys. not just the face though.

• Yeah sorry, I'm not feminine. Not ever shaving my legs and armpits, ever.

What Girls Said 4

• I kind of like when a dude doesn't shave, haha, even if it's a 'nice' occasion. But I dig the rugged scruffy look I guess. If he tends to shave his whole face, then I like when it's been a few days since his last shave. If he normally keeps some facial hair, just trimming it up a bit to even it up and get any stray hairs is perfect, with maybe a little stubble where he DOES shave.

I haven't been on a whole lot of 'official dates', but when I have, I think it was pretty evenly split between guys really cleaning up their face, and guys just letting it go or doing bare minimum. I can't recall whether or not those options were just random or if they were suited to the occasion, haha.

• I know guys that do

• Depends on the look they are going for.

• I would assume a lot do.