If you text a guy "goodnight" with a smiley face and he texts you "goodnight" back w/out a smiley face?

The guy I date had texted me earlier in the day to say what he was doing and I texted him later that night with a "goodnight :)

he simply texted me back "goodnight"

without a smiley face. Usually if I use a smiley face hte will too.

Everything is fine between us and no fights, was he mad at me for something

thanks to all except that Cromcartie "thing" lol Think Ill put him on my "block" list

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't over think it too much, most likely didn't mean any thing. Most likely he forgot or was busy or in a hurry. Don't pay attention to Cromartie, well over think things at times.

What Guys Said 2

• You're reading way too much into this. I'm sure everything's fine.

• ok I was thinking I was

• I'm with cromartie on this , you're reading too much into nothing.

What Girls Said 3

• It means that he wasn't smiling when he said goodnight. Creepy guy alert! lol

Joking aside, it's so typical of us women to read too much into things. Some people, especially guys, are not very expressive on text and don't send as many smileys as us girls. Don't worry about it. There's nothing wrong there.

And what did Cromartie say? He sometimes makes silly jokes, that guy, but other times he seems like a pretty cool dude.

• It meant nothing except that he did'nt want to bother going through the smiley option since he might have been busy or in a hurry.

• This is a classic case of over thinking