How to respond to an unresponsive texter?

I have been dating my boyfriend for two months, but we are going to be apart for a total of six weeks because I have an internship. It had been two weeks already and we have four more to go. Before I left he told me that he's not a big fan of texting because he doesn't like having to carry and look at his phone all day. He also doesn't check Facebook regularly. For the first week and a half that we were apart, we texted a few times through out the day at least four times a week. These were really casual conversations, mostly to check in and see how the other is doing. He wished me a Merry Christmas and I texted him that I miss him and he didn't respond. I then texted him the next day asking him how his holiday was and he didn't respond. It had been almost four days since his last response and I'm wondering if I should be worried. I've always heard that if a guy likes you he makes an effort to talk to you, and he was making an effort until recently. I don't really want to text him three times in a row without a response, but should I text him again? Was he just busy or is he losing interest? How long should I wait to text him or should I wait for him to text me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't bother responding. He got the text, he just didn't respond for whatever reason. So why chase after him over text? Do you really want to talk to someone that you had to "remind" to respond back to you?

What Guys Said 1

• If you are in a relationship there is no problem with texting him three times in a row. You can either do that or try to call him. If he doesn't answer at a time you know he is doing nothing during the day like lunch or evening than just wait to hear from him.

What Girls Said 1

• I would just send him a text and ask him if everything is ok.