I'm convinced no one wants to date me because I have kids. Guys!!! opinions Please?

I let life happen to me, I did not plan a beat of it. But I do have 3 beautiful kids 7,4 and 2 and as much as I love them and can't wait to continue to watch them grow, I fear most guys are afraid of this. It's cool either way, I just want some opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Kids require attention, especially if there is more than one. Most guys realize that they will not be the center of attention with a single mother, and if they are looking to develop a serious relationship, will shy away from your situation. Other guys will enter into a relationship such as this and then find out how much attention is given to the kids at the expense of the guy and their relationship fails.

Some guys can deal with it better, but it also takes some adapting by the mother. She must find ways to show him attention, yet not seem to be taking any away from her kids. Hard to do.

A single dad, as someone suggested, is a likely candidate. He already is dealing with the same problems on his own, and would feel less put off by your need to give attention to your kids. That is not to say to give up on single guys altogether, but it will be harder.

What Guys Said 4

• Here's a story...of a lovely lady...and they became the bunch!

Some guys, yes, will not date you because of the children, but when I divorced and entered the dating scene, I had a child and thought the same.

It will simply take you a bit longer to find a more specialized man, but if he were that easy to find, it probably wouldn't make finding him that much more special.

• especially in my area! ugh! haha Thanks for your insight!!

• If I were divorced I'd find it most natural to get serious with a woman who also had kids. We'd be more in a similar space in life. I love kids and would need a partner who did too. I wouldn't mind having a bigger family but I wouldn't really want to have more babies. So a woman who has had kids would probably make the most sense.

So I'd guess you're looking more at divorced guys then never married.

• wow. reality check! thanks for sharing your insight. I can't believe the truth of my situation. But I supposed that would make sense. :)

• personally i would never date a girl with kid"s"

• well, yeah, to be honest some wouldn't.

i wouldn't date a woman with children, but only because i don't like children much.

What Girls Said 1

• you'll find better men that way. the bad ones will be out of the way.

• I'll find better men cause I have kids? really? That hasn't been the case lately.