Most Amazing Famous Singer's Performances

SOME of the most amazing performance, by all means not all.

Fleetwood Mac, Rhiannon (Live, 1976)

Elton John, Candle In The Wind (Live, 1997)

Carreras, Domingo, Pavarotti, Nessun Dorma (Live, 1994)

Joni Mitchell, A Case of You (Live, 1974)

After Forever, Alone/Heart cover (2000's - not sure when...)

Please, feel free to add your own favorite amazing singing performances!

LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 3

What Girls Said 3

• If to choose the best performance then I think it's Elle King's “Ex’s & Oh’s” . I saw the video. Elle is a truly talented artist. Love her! PS I have heard that she is going on the tour in 2016, I can't wait for it

• Paul McCartney – for No One

• As long as we're talking about operatic performances, here are two from the single performance that convinced me that opera is fucking awesome, and is NOT for stuck-up old people.

This whole thing is just masterful, but, especially, listen to the part starting at 3:50, and, double-especially, listen to the part starting at 5:25. How does someone squeeze THAT much mocking tone into something sung THAT fast?

Particularly the parts between 1:50 and 2:30, and everything between 3:05 and 6:15.
    How do you get a human voice to do that? I'm convinced that Cecilia Bartoli is actually a robot, not actually a human. They don't make actual human beings with voices that can do that. LOL

In terms of Nessun Dorma -- Honestly, THE single most amazing live performance of a song I've ever seen was a performance of Nessun Dorma... by Sarah Brightman.

Here's a live recording from youtube. (Not the same concert I went to -- I saw her here in California)
    It's a bootleg recording, so the sound quality is crappy, but, you can get a sense of what that was like. It was amazing, overwhelming, and totally unexpected -- especially considering that Nessun Dorma is a male part, and is also, to be perfectly honest, sort of played out as a "go-to" song for showing off vocal ranges and suchlike:

And, finally, there are some of the Seattle singers, whose voices may have literally saved my life, back in my darker days. I still can't hear "Say Hello 2 Heaven", by Temple of the Dog (Chris Cornell on vocals), without bursting into tears.

And, as long as I'm already crying a fucking river...

• I met Bartoli back in '92. I had a crush on her. I still have an autographed picture of her somewhere.