30 Games to Look Out For on the Steam Summer Sale

30 games to look for on the steam summer sale

Well, The dates for the Steam Summer Sale date has been 'leaked'

https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/16/steam-summer-sale-2016-dates-leaked/

and I use quotes because the dates have been correctly 'leaked' for the past few steam summer sales and I think it might just be a way of unofficially announcing the date. Now what is interesting about the big steam sales is the fact that most of the time you end up buying 30 games you will never play because they are incredibly cheap. Now it shouldn't surprised you but I have over 200 games on my steam account, I've got big name titles, smaller titles, and indie games. I've got clunkers, I've got well loved games, and I've got smaller hidden gems. Now, I think that if you are going to buy a bunch of games because they are cheap, you should buy games that are fun and you might play. So I thought I'd go and recommend some games to put on your wishlist to so you end up with around thirty games you actually might play instead.

1.Dishonored-Game of the Year Edition

Dishonored is one of my favorite games of all time. The Game of the year edition is normally 29.99 but on sale it will be much cheaper. This includes the game and all the DLC including Dauds Campaign which is essentially a side story. This is well worth the price normally, on sale, its a steal.

2.Middle Earth:Shadows of Mordor

This game is a wonderful open world game. An open world game with an arkham combat and stealth and Assassins Creed style Parkour. You fight orcs and such. Its an Amazing game.

3. Call of Juarez/Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon pack

This Game combo pack will net you Two Great First person shooters. Blood Dragon is an 80's parody and romp and Call of Juarez Gunslinger is probably the second best Western video game only behind Red Dead Redemption. These games are absolutely awesome.

4. The Batman Arkham Games

I'm counting these all as one because you should play them all. Get the DLCs too, they are worth it. These are some of the greatest games ever made. Open World Batman.

5. This War of Mine

This Game shows the other side of War. The Civilians trying to scrape to live through the conflict. Buy the DLC as well, Its worth the money and a dollar from its purchase goes to the War Child Charity. (War Child is a non-governmental organisation founded in the UK in 1993 which provides assistance to children in areas experiencing conflict and the aftermath of conflict. The establishment of War Child UK was soon followed by organisations in Canada and the Netherlands.) This game hits you emotionally and does it organically. Its proof that not only are Video Games Art but that they can make important points as well.

6. Terraria

This game may look simply like a 2D version of Mine Craft but its so much more. Its got RPG elements, Awesome Bosses, Weapons ranging from swords, to guns, to lasers, to magic. You can fight off pirate invasions and this Indie Game is Well Regarded for a reason.

7. Shadow Warrior, (2012 Reboot)

This Game is another well done reboot of a classic FPS. You fight with guns, magic, and a magic sword. Its bloody, you fight demons and stuff and the PC Lo Wang cracks wise throughout the game. There is a sequel coming out soon.

8. Mount and Blade Warband

While its not the best looking game out there. It is a fantastic pseudo historical Action RPG but what really makes it are the mods. The civil war one lets you shoot founder of the Klu Klux Klan Nathan Bedford Forrests IN THE FACE. I have never regretted buying this and MAKE SURE ITS THE WARBAND EDITION NOT THE EARLIER AND MOUNT AND BLADE IT DOESN'T HAVE AS MANY FEATURES.

9. Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall, and Hong Kong.

These are really amazing RPGs in the Shadowrun universe. The Combat is turn based in the style of the X-Com games. Its just awesome.

10. Sherlock Holmes:Crimes and Punishments

This Game is a Detective Game where you actually do find clues and solve mysteries. It's been said that this is the investigative game that LA Noire Promised to be and I have to agree, Its fun, the mysteries are well done. The puzzles are fun. Its just a good game. The sequel comes out this month and I'm very excited.

11. Necrovision

I got this game on a regular sale it was 99 cents. Its a decent First person shooter you fight demons in WW1. Its like Doom, Painkiller, Verdun, and Bioshock had a bastard kid and this was it. This is a real hidden Gem.

12.Desktop Dungeons

This is a Roguelite, each dungeon takes from 5-15 minutes on average. You do dungeons, try not to die, and use the gold you get to upgrade your kingdom and unlock stuff. Dying is not a big deal becuase your kingdom will survive and its just a good game.

13. Betrayer

This Game is like Silent Hill in the early American Colonies. Its good creepy fun.

14. The Stanley Parable

This is a very funny commentary on video games and the choices in them. Its just a funny little game and very Meta.

15. Spec Ops: The Line

This is a very well done and well written Deconstruction of the Modern Military Shooter. I know most of you probably know the twists but I'm not going to mention them as its even better if you go in blind. I will say that this game emotionally gutpunches you. Its great.

16. Insurgency

This is a very fast paced Tactical shooter. Its fast, and it requires tactics or YOU WILL LOSE. Its just a good game.

17. The Forest

This Game is equally a wilderness survival game and a survival horror game. Its very well done, rather creepy, and just good fun.

18. Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami Wrong Number

These games are very fast paced action games. They are also kind of disturbing. they are bloody and disturbing yet manage to be art. They are Worth the Purchase.

19.Warhammer 40K Regicide

This is a chess game set in the Warhammer 40K universe. It has classic chess and the unique variant Regicide. Its fun.

20. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

I LOVE THIS GAME. This to me is easily the best one in the series. While the Graphics have aged its still fun and there are fan projects remastering it in the skyrim and oblivion engines. Its got the most wonderfully weird world, an amazing level of depth, It is easily one of the greatest RPGS in history.

21. The Wolf Among Us

This is my favorite Telltale game. It is set in the Fables comic series universe. You play as Sheriff Bigby Wolf. Its just great.

22. Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines.

This is Another absolutely Great Role playing Game. Its a little dated but its still one of the greatest and your choices matter which is always great.

23. Sleeping Dogs

This Game is like GTA if it had Awesome martial Arts fights. I really like this game.

24. Verdun

This is a fast paced First Person Shooter Set in World War One and it came out way before battlefield one was even an idea.

25. Far Cry 3

This is in my own opinion the best entry in the Open World Shooter Series. Its just awesome. The Villain is great, The story is well done. The guns are fun. Also I once hunted a bull shark by running it over with a Jet-Ski.

26. The Fallout Series

While Some aren't that Great (Cough Fallout 3 Cough) Others are absolutely Fantastic. Fallout New Vegas is my favorite of the Series.

27. Paranormal

This is a Found Footage Style Video Game and its actually well done and actually fairly scary. Its worth a try.

28. Alan Wake and Alan Wakes American Nightmare

Two Psychological thriller games that are truly great. They are some of my personal favorites.

29. Warhammer 40K Space Marine

This is a Third Person Shooter Set in the Warhammer 40K Franchise. Its pretty good.

30. Mad Max

Believe it or not this game was actually concieved originally before Fury Road.

What is there to say about it other than.

OH WHAT A GAME. WHAT A LOVELY GAME.

I wrote this take so that when you buy a ton of games because they are cheap. You might as well buy games that are cheap that you will actually enjoy.

Have Fun Gaming people.

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 3

• Dude Dishonored was the SHIT and I loved the Batman Arkham series. This war is mine seems moer like a movie than a game but i wanna play it

• I saw Steam summer sale and I cried internally, rip my wallet

• Now I finally have something on my Wish List 😀

What Guys Said 4

• Dishonored was one of the best games of the previous generation; a total must. And Dishonored 2 is coming our way in November! :D

Alan Wake was widely under-appreciated and probably would've sold better had it been exclusive to PlayStation as opposed to Xbox.

And the Batman Arkham games are all gems.

• Alan Wake may actually be getting a sequel.
      Quantum break just finished and the dev have expressed interest in doing another one

• They'd better make it multiplatform this time. Loved the first Alan Wake.

I'm more interested in Detroit by Quantic Dream, though... Heavy Rain was a masterpiece. :)

• Honestly, I think you're just me, but with the wrong political views. I can respect that.

• Mad Max and the Fallout series FTW!

Post-Nuclear Apocalyptic Worlds? Why the fuck not?

It's just too bad there isn't a single Terminator licensed game out there that even comes close to half as good for a Post Nuclear Apocalyptic environment kind of game.

And, uh one other thing. I remember the Shadow Warrior reboot is getting a Sequel that will focus and support Co-Op for it's campaign.

• Noice. Will definitely be getting Fallout, and Skyrim for my girlfriend