Most Overrated Video Games: Round 2

Most Overrated Video Games:Round Two

Now, there are a plenty of overrated video games. So much so that I couldn't list all of them in one take. Now this is Round 2.

1. World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft. The MMO, The big one. What they all aspire to be. Well it is indicative of the genre of MMORPG's that it sucks complete ass. Like All MMO's this game is Grindtastic, you go do repetitive tasks to get a number to go higher. Why, so you can get better equipment to make that same number go higher. There is no resolution no nothing.

It continues endlessly, There is no fun in this game. It is just addictive. I'm not joking about the addictive thing. I actually know someone who got so addicted to this game it caused a divorce. My cousins best friends, met them a couple of times. Their dad and mom had a normal marriage, then he got addicted to World of Warcraft, it got so bad, the wife said it was either the marriage or the game. HE CHOSE THE GAME. This game is like a plague on society.

2. Battlefield

Now, I'll admit that Battlefield 1 looks worth playing. However right now Battlefiled sucks complete and utter ass. Honestly, I don't get the whole Battlfield/Call of Duty Rivalry. Because they are both essentially the same. Generic military shooters that at one point where decent but now so far removed from any semblance of a good game that they suck so much ass they are pretty much a second digestive system. SOMEHOW, people still play them, even though they don't change. Battlefield 3 is pretty much the same damn game as Battlefield 4.

Hardline had a different setting but the gameplay was too similar even with the new modes. I know that its because they are trying to be 'realistic' but only carrying two guns sucks as a gameplay mechanic, it worked in halo because you ran out and swapped all the damn time, but in a game such as this ITS JUST FUCKING BORING. You wanna know a great modern shooter, FAR CRY 3 and how many weapons can you carry, Four, you carry four fucking guns. I know the two gun thing is for 'realism' but any claims to realism go out the window when this is possible in your game

3.The Sims

I have honestly never gotten the appeal of this game. I could have respected it but can anyone say DLC machine. The sims 3 with all its DLC IS OVER FOUR HUNDRED WHOLE DOLLARS on steam. This game series shows just how obsessed EA has become with DLC. I mean generally its a rule that the new game should have just as much if not more content than the original. Now so why in the hell did the Sims 4 base game have less content than the sims 3 base game. I can tell you why, because the Sims 4 isn't a game. Its a Vehicle for EA to sell you DLC and Expansion packs. Its a game left purposefully incomplete so as to drain more and more cash out of the consumer.

4. MARIO

There used to be a time when Mario was innovative and new, of course I will just have to take the word of those who saw this because it hasn't been innovative in my lifetime. The Super Mario games are like Pokemon in that they are the same game with minor changes however this one I would argue is the most overrated as the fact is that this game is held as the ICON for not just nintendo but often for video games in general. Mario skates by on nostalgia and past innovations. They make new games because at one point in history, they were new and good. Now not so much. I think that Mario may just be the most overrated game in history

For anyone who didn't see part one, here it is.

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 4

• 100% agree!

I've actually never liked Mario.

• I only liked Mario because of Toad and Yoshi lol

• WHAT>? Shut your apples! Take it back! Pokemon and mario are golden! (:

• I want to try World of Warcraft

What Guys Said 7

• Mario is and will always be an icon. That franchise broke all sorts of boundaries in its first decade, from Super Mario Bros. in '85 that ushered in a new age of gaming on the Nintendo (a HUGE upgrade from the Atari, Colecovision, Intellivision, etc.) to Mario 64 on the N64 that was a 3D pioneer. And in terms of pure platforming, they are still some of the best titles out there.

That all being said, I agree that it's long past time for Mario to innovate. Nintendo needs something besides three-decade-old mascots if they want this new "NX" system to actually survive and flourish (unlike the total joke that was the Wii U).

• I'm sorry dude, but it seems like your understanding of games is pretty poor :/
    First you said GTA and AC were overrated, claiming that the 2 worst Assassin's Creed were the best (the fuck?).
    Now you say Battlefield and Mario are overrated. Sure, these sagas have both seen better times, but saying they're overrated, is like saying the first Doom is overrated.
    After all Mario brought to the gaming industry, the fact you say its saga is overrated, is ridiculous.

You should have made this focusing on individual games instead of whole sagas.

• 22d

Dude, you forgot Call of Duty because of its Zombie mode.

• I got tired of Mario since when I played it the first time on the original monochrome Gameboy.

I absolutely hated falling to my doom constantly from missed jumps, falling platforms, etc., It was such a total pain in the ass with that platform genre that I largely ending up staying clear from it after finishing one of the Mario games, as I quickly lost interest in that kind of gameplay mechanic or element as it just isn't my thing. It's the same way I feel about shmups where players are killed in a "single hit" because of "bullet hell" situations.

Now I know there are other different genre Mario games, but I never really got into the whole Mario franchise.

• "it hasn't been innovative in my lifetime"

...
    I'm assuming you haven't played Mario Maker then. :P

• My wife liked the Sims.

• The Paper Mario Trilogy was a Masterpiece.
    Comedy, cunning, craftsmanship
    We've got it all.