How to Stay Safe While Playing Pokemon GO

Pokemon GO is the latest mobile gaming trend to hit the market. While it is fun, it can also be dangerous. There recently have been robberies, and dead bodies found while playing this game. Let me share some tips to stay safe while playing.

1. NEVER Pokemon and drive!!!

While you're travelling on the road you may find various Pokemon on your route. But just like texting and driving, Pokemon and driving can cause accidents. So keep your eyes on the road,and not on your Pokemon.

2. Obey all local ordinances when in public places.

Some places have curfews and trespassing laws. Make sure you know them and follow them. Do not go onto private property of people you don't know or where no trespassing signs are posted.

3. Always watch where you're walking

Make sure you always look both ways if you have to cross the street. Watch where you're walking,you do not want to bump into anyone, while looking at your phone or chasing Pokemon.

4. Be mindful of weather conditions

During the summer months Thunderstorms and rainstorms often occur. More often they are usually calm,but can be severe. Do to hazardous conditions the weather may cause it might be best to chase your Pokemon in sunny weather. Because lightning can destroy electronic devices. So can water. So if you play, make sure the conditions are right.

5. Be aware of people around you.

There are other Pokemon hunters in your area for sure. Some have very good intentions, but some do not. Already on the news there have been stories of people being robbed using the app. Make sure to leave all valuables you don't need locked away in a car or house. Carry pepper spray as well in case an attacker tries to rob,assault or rape you. It's best to go with friends you trust. Not a bunch of random Pokemon hunters.

Remember to have fun, but stay safe while catching Pokemon !!!

smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 6

• Good my take even though I have no intention on getting into this. But it is a bit sad this has to be said.

• This generation is pretty sad. It's like all common sense flew out of the window. Didn't we all learn these things as small children? It's sad people are losing their lives over Pok√©mon.

• I think I'll try this.

• People are using Pokemon Go to rob people so be aware of that too.

• I freaking love this game and I do get lost in it. I keep my phone in my pocket with the game running and one headphone in so I can hear the notification sound. I also keep my mace in my purse just in case someone tries me, but that's an everyday thing.

• Yeah, phone thieves have been dropping lures... and waiting for people to come by with phones, oblivious to what's going on around them. It's a pretty ingenious tactic, I must say.

Don't be stupid, kids.

What Guys Said 13

• `P*ssy is the only thing I hunt with that much determination.

• "There are other Pokemon hunters in your area for sure. Some have very good intentions, but some do not. Already on the news there have been stories of people being robbed using the app. "

Oh... my... god.

• Holy mother of God, Pokemon Go is taking over the world. LOL

• I tried it yesterday and the damn server was down.

• I'm amazed that there are people out there so evil.

• Pokemon GO finally proved what I knew all along: it's safer to stay indoors and play video games, than to go outside.

• I remember way back when the card collecting/ trading and Pokemon game boy games were all the rage. I haven't really focused on it since then. Like 18 years or so. In my mind no app can serve that old school style version of Pokemon justice.

• Or we can stick to CoD Black Ops 3

• Use common sense lol

• I went to the park this afternoon for a workout and there were all these teenagers blocking the jogging trail, huddled in groups with their heads in their phones, basically oblivious to everything around them. One girl was sort of moving slowly and tripped and fell over a low railing. Totally clueless.

• Don't play it near an active volcano lol

• I feel like you can sum this up to "Use common sense"

• I'm not gonna play Pokemon Go until they stabilize the servers

In the meantime, I'm gonna play Ingress