11 of My Favorite Moments In Star Wars

I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and since my team has been assigned Arts & Entertainment this week I have the perfect opportunity to do it :-)

I have got to be the world's biggest Star Wars fan, though some would argue that you have to read all the books in the Extended Universe, and for me they're just okay. I did read Shadows of the Empire, and that was a fantastic book (set between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back), but for the most part I like Star Wars for exactly the story and movies that George Lucas created them as and intended for them to be. It's hard for me to really get involved in other people's visions of Star Wars, even J.J. Abrams' The Force Awakens, which I honestly thought was not even as good as Episode III (prequel haters would stone me for that but that's my opinion *shrugs*).

So now I wanna share some of my most favorite scenes from the Star Wars movies. And, yes, even the prequels. I do this not just for my own fun but to also encourage others to watch the movies. There is always somebody I meet who says they've never seen any of the movies but have wanted to. Well, now I'm gonna help you out. Buckle up :-)

The opening of A New Hope

Well, of course. The very first scene of the first Star Wars movie is one of the most crucial and gives us the first ideas of the movie. You are always hypnotized by the action that starts right after the crawl, as it was also really well done for a sci fi movie of those times.

Luke and Obi-wan looking for Han at the Mos Eisley cantina

It's one of the most famous movie scenes and one of the best out of the movies. Han's smooth talking never ceases to entertain you no matter how many times you watch it, plus there's even debate among Star Wars fans as to who really shot first: Han or Greedo.

The Battle of Hoth

Once upon a time you could watch the whole 14 minutes on YouTube, but with Disney now owning Star Wars they're cracking down on how much of the old stuff we can see anymore (anal pricks - pardon the pun). So I found it broken up into 2 videos. My favorite scene will always be the part where Luke scales up the Snow Walker on his harness, takes out his lightsaber and..........well, I won't spoil it for any of you Star Wars virgins, lol.

Han encased in carbonite

One of the things that always makes this one of my favorite SW moments is the romance between Han and Leia and the music that John Williams penned for their romantic scenes. In fact it is my absolute favorite sound piece out of all the Star Wars soundtracks. I know most fans love the ominous Darth Vader march music, but that actually is not the best to me.

Everything about this moment in the TESB is just awesome. The panic, the desperation, the set, the romance - everything. Enjoy.

Jabba's sail barge

I could only find this upload with the annoying black box around it but you can still see it pretty good. The fight on Jabba's sail barge is probably the best scene in Return of the Jedi, especially if you're an SW fan who hates everything about ROTJ. I however, actually have grown to see the beauty in the third movie. It's not the greatest of the trilogy, no doubt, but I have come to enjoy it just fine.

Han and Leia kiss

Another one of my favorite romance scenes, and with that dreamy music =)

Duel between Obi-wan, Qui Gon Jinn, and Darth Maul

The prequels were not the best movies either, and lots of SW fans will tell you that. I'm a little different though. While most people hated Episode I, I actually liked that one but was disgusted with Attack of the Clones. But for me the absolute best part of Episode I is the final lightsaber fight with Obi-wan, Qui Gon, and Darth Maul. A lot of people criticize Liam Neeson's moves as an older guy, but I didn't think he was too bad.

Padme and Anakin get married

This is somebody's goofy upload they did by basically taping the movie with a camera off their TV screen, lol, but it wasn't half bad. This is one of the few parts of the Attack of the Clones I did like, and probably because it was the end, lol.

Opening scene to Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

But I think it can be agreed that we all felt Episode III was the best, and it's opening scenes is one of the best in ALL of the Star Wars movies, even the crawl's description of the Galactic conflict.

Palpatine sends Anakin hints about being a Sith

This part of Episode III so well done by Sir Ian McDiarmid, perfecting his oily, grandfather-like role as the serpentine Palpatine. Every time you watch it you find yourself paying close attention to what he says.

The final fight between Anakin and Obi-wan

It's said to be the greatest lightsaber duel out of all the 6 movies, and that's a pretty big victory and claim the prequels can have, and is true. Hayden Christensen was a lot more co-ordinated at it than Ewan McGregor. Once upon a time you could watch the full 11 minutes, but again, with Disney cracking down you can no longer see it in full.

I wanted to a lot more moments but I know you guys don't want to spend all day watching Star Wars clips, lol. But do enjoy the stuff I included. And I hope I was able to pull some SW virgins over to the light side! =)

#BATTLEROYALE #MenOnFire

ManOnFire is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 4

How could you not mention this scene? orig13.deviantart.net/.../...ord_makro-d5pd90s.jpg

Wow, awesome myTake, I love Star Wars 👍

Yeah, I was looking for this one too, although @ladyterror beat me to it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7hjGwuQcSk

Still had to post that, just for the kid's reactions ahha.

Surprisingly few people catch that my username is a SW reference. Even though the internet is supposed to be full of nerds. ):

I wouldn't know where to begin listing my favorites.

Did you like the new one?

" even J. J. Abrams' The Force Awakens, which I honestly thought was not even as good as Episode III " I don't think he did.

did you have the same username there?

@redeyemindtricks Not there, no. Back then it was AllStarcrush (real name inserted), which also had a meaning. ManOnFire is a newer thing for me now in my older young adult life that means more.

What Guys Said 12

For Americans who don't know, Star wars was originally an idea that America had to take over the world, but when the plan was discovered by non-Americans, they said it was a movie idea and then star wars has started. The Bush family of course was behind the whole thing.

Ahsoka vs Darth Vader... chills run down my spine when she says, "I'm no Jedi."

Also, any scene where Yoda fights is also a worthy entry.

https://youtu.be/W1qZpoyYcgk
    Sorry but I had yo say it.

I don't want to offend anyone, but I got all the star wars films for Christmas. I watched the prequels, then the first sequel, and then gave up. There's no way I'm trying the rest any time soon :(

should've started with episode 4.

The prequels are to the original series what the "Chrystal Skull" is to Indiana Jones. A crappy movie with a popular franchise name slapped on it. Give it some time, then watch the originals. Not 100% you will like them but they are WAY better than the prequels, and even the squeals.

@genuinlysensitive I will get back to them eventually. Thanks :)

Great Take, Star Wars rule :D

Dont forget blowing up the death stars!

No... I am your father!
    That was like holyshitwtfomg moment.

Upvote for actually quoting it correctly (... as opposed to "Luke, I am yr father", which is probably the single most widespread misquote in the world).

@redeyemindtricks another one I can think of is "Elementary, Watson", if you're into Doyle's work :)

Haven't read too many SH stories -- Doyle's writing is just too, um, florid for me to really enjoy reading. (I like writers like Chuck Palahniuk and Ernest Hemingway. I can get into writers who are into more *description* -- like Anne Rice -- but I HATE writing that's overwrought with "big" words. I really, really don't like purple prose.)

I am the guy that every group of friends has to cope with - The one who doesn't get Star Wars.

LOL! I have a few friends like that myself.

Lol, fair enough. I have friends who are the same way, too.

With the people I know, I think part of it might be that no one is really "on the bottom floor" -- you basically have people who are REALLY into it, and then you have people who aren't, and there's basically *nothing* in between. So I suppose it would be hard to get into it, for anyone who wasn't already into it.
      As an analogy, it'd be like having a room with a bunch of totally advanced ballroom dancers and then a bunch of people who'd never danced a single step. The non-dancers couldn't really take lessons from the dancers, because they'd be so advanced that they'd have long forgotten how to teach a beginner.

... Or something. Lol.

@redeyemindtricks Very good analogy - So true

Personally I would've preferred Luke and Leia to Han and Leia

As a couple that is

You know what I mean, before GL made them siblings

Han and Leia is such a boring couple honestly, at least in my opinion

Love the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan. Best Lightsaber duel of all the movies.

I get you don't like the old EU but did you read some of the old republic stuff or even rise of the empire I mean you gotta admit (if you've read it) the darth bane trilogy is fucking amazing.

Also what do you think of the clone wars? I fucking love that show (there are some shit seasons I know and just dogshit episodes) season 5 was fucking insane. Also do you watch rebels.

so glad you put the darth plagueis scene with palpatine I don't like the prequels but that was amazing.

I did think Ahsoka being in CW was interesting, yeah. Darth Maul, not so much. I will definitely say that Thrawn is a pretty cool EU character and I do think that's who should've been the in-charge of the First Order in The Force Awakens, not this dope Snoke.

Yeah I didn't mind snoke but I thought kylo ren looked like the biggest pussy and the movie was overall not good.

The battle scene in The Return of the Sith is one of the best in the Star Wars movie series.