My 4 Favorite Horror Movies

I did a take on the best horror films on Netflix but this is just my favorite horror films and there will be some overlap.

Halloween (1978)

This is either the second or first Slasher film depending on whether or not you count the Texas Chainsaw Massacre as a true slasher film or a proto-slasher film. However Slashers this movie inspired seemed to take the wrong message from it and as such it holds up really well. The gore and body-count is minimal, the acting is very good, and the story is well told. All adding up to one hell of a suspenseful and terrifying film.

Jaws

This is one of those films that is perfect. The right mix of story, adventure, horror, and genuine emotion. I LOVE this movie. Good Job Mr.Spielberg.

The Thing (1982)

This to me is the ultimate exercise in paranoia. The film still has people wondering what the thing really is and what the ending really means. (My thoughts the thing is a demon from space, and Childs is a thing and Macready knows and is getting ready to kill him)

Hush

This home invasion slasher was filmed for 70,000 dollars yet is one of the best horror films ever made. It is well and truly a great movie.

Now I'm going to go re-watch Jaws if you don't mind

#HappyHalloween

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 5

• Hush was TERRIFYING! As someone who is generally anxious, just the thought of having someone in my home and touching my things gives me the creepy crawlies. Pair that with this woman being unable to hear, well that just makes things suck even more. She has to be so darn careful. I mean she's great in the movie. But holy cow, if that were me I would probably just crawl into a corner and cry.

I love Halloween! Definitely one of my favourite ones and I also loved The Thing. I have yet to watch Jaws yet, that is on my list!

• Jaws is on netflix.
      Its really the best one on the lsit.
      Watch it now

• where do i find hush? it looks creepy.

• great

• Love them all, have to see Hush though.

• I'm watching Hush for sure

What Guys Said 9

• I have to re-watch Halloween, since that's another classic Slasher horror movie with another iconic villain: Michael Myers.

How would you compare the Reboot or Remake version of Halloween in 2007?

Also what about the Prequel to The Thing? I watched both, but I would still prefer the original 1982 more, and I really hope there will be one more film for The Thing to complete it as a trilogy or something.

I will also have to re-watch Jaws. Never watched Hush before, but I'll check it out soon.

• How many are tough enough to watch this whole movie? Here https://archive.org/details/Terraqueos_201511

https://imgur.com/a/p1B47

• Very tough for me to say. I just watched the trailer for Hush and now I must watch it. Everyone's been recommending it to me.

Have you seen Creep? I just watched that over the weekend and it was amazing. Very creepy, no pun intended lol.

• Surprised the first excorcism movie isn't here, it's usually on everybody's list.

Also the shining.

Good take nonetheless though.

• The book is better than the movie when it comes to the shining, the reverse of Jaws

• The book is very different in both cases,
      The book Jaws is based off of it utter and complete shit though

• and the movie is absolutely perfect when it comes to jaws

• In total agreement, all brilliant movies. Halloween is probably my favorite of the four.. well I haven't watched hush, but i'm going to tonight :)

• I try to remember if I saw "Hush" or not - I have a feeling I have and enjoyed it.

• I watched Jaws and the film is good.

• I've never watched Hush, but I agree with the other movies. I would also add Friday The 13th and Alien. Excellent Take

• Seven is a good flick. I love any horror movies that are unpredictable. Very hard to come by nowadays.