If You Don't Know Who These Guys Are...You Had Bad Parents!

If You Don't Know Who These Guys Are... You Had Bad Parents!

Monty Python was a British surreal comedy group who created the sketch comedy show Monty Python's Flying Circus, which first aired on the BBC on 5 October 1969. (They predate me by ten years.) Think SNL back in the day. They could even be called "The Beatles Of Comedy." And if you don't know who the Beatles are you need to be shot out of a canon...into the sun. Monty Python members include Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin.

Five Brits and a Yank who got away with a lot of stuff that wouldn't make it past the censors of today. Even John Cleese, the tall dark haired gentleman who looks like a Banker, has admitted that they had no real oversight and always pushed the envelope most at the end of a season. Python's influence on Comedy can still be felt today in almost all sketch comedy shows. Prompting the term "Pythonesque" being added to the English language.

While they essentially helped to inspire all modern comedy skits, they also created a dialog between Fathers and Sons for at least three generations. Most guys I talk to admit that no matter what beef they had against their Dad, Monty Python could always get them laughing and talking together again.

In fact, My father introduced me to these guys when I was 14 years old. Which not only am I thankful for but I also think he had been waiting for that moment we could finally share a laugh together. That moment where Sons start to see their Dads as just another flawed guy like themselves. When you start to feel bad for your Dad because he's sooo not cool, unlike you.

So in honor of that moment and my love of Monty Python here are my top ten favorite Python Skits:

The Argument Clinic

The Undertaker

Dead Parrot

Self Defense Against Fresh Fruit

How Not To Be Seen

Upper Class Twit of the Year

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Black Knight

Galaxy Song

Biggus Dickus

Stoning

(Okay, 11.)

Witch Village

(I meant 12.)

Alright it's a Top Twelve list but I'm stopping now before it becomes thirty. I hope you enjoyed the laugh and if not... Then why even bother getting this far. For everyone else please feel free to add your favorite skit. Thanks for reading!

pervertedjester is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 11

• 20d

Yeah thankfully my parents educated me about Monty Python.

• 20d

Beautifully Done, hun, Thank you for the kind Invite.
    I actually had the Best from the Rest parents but Maybe it is Me who Is... Bad. I didn't care for Monty. xx

• 2d

good share

• 4d

liked it!

• 18d

I remember listening to a few of these. I liked the argument clinic one the best.

• 20d

Well I had bad parents anyway. They abandoned me

• 20d

They look familiar but I don't remember them and I don't watch scary movies because the dark already scares me

• 20d

Lol don't worry, they're not from scary movies, their a comedy group that does Monty Python's flying circus comedy show and movies

• 20d

Absolutely, my Mom and Dad exposed my brothers and I to "Monty Python's Flying Circus"!!! My grandmother on my Dad's side is very, very British, which made some of the skits all that more funny to us.

• 20d

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    https://youtu.be/M_eYSuPKP3Y

• 20d

I don't know these people, but I had good parents. 😊

• 20d

I grew up with monty python... but they're still not my thing, sorry!

What Guys Said 15

• 20d

I don't know any of them 😧. I already knew I have bad parents.

• 20d

Its just a model

• 20d

Truth. Really funny, often whip-smart... just genius.

We have nothing that even comes close today. Just toilet jokes, adolescent humor, stupid slapstick, etc. 'sigh'

• 17d

Yea ah... our current toilet jokes and adolescent humor simply doesn't compare! Nothing like the adolescent humor of Monty Python! 😉

• 19d

are they still bad parents if i know of and like monty python but wasn't introduced to them by my parents?

• 15d

Heck, I was of the generation that first saw the shows. Well, secondhand anwyay.

In the 1970's, days before hundreds of channels and widespread cable or satellite television, one of the sharpest moves the local "public access" television stations made was to bring British television programs, especially comedies with their dry wit and offbeat humor, to America. Donation money flowed into them as a result.

• 15d

My thought process just now:
    "Hey, don't insult my – oh wait, I know who Monty Python is."

• 17d

One of my favorites ( besides some of the Videos here) was about the gangs of grandmothers terrorizing people on the streets...

Some of my favorite movies are Gilliam's.

And my parents hate Monty Python... Anything slightly strange is weird, creepy and stupid. It was too vulgar for them. Oh myyyyy Biggus Dickus! That's incredibly filthy!

Ugh.

I love it, though. Watch it when I can.

• 17d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNavxvvN9QI

Biggus Dickus always cracks me up. I just wish the sound quality was a little better.

I also like "A witch, burn her burn her."

The cow catapulted from the French castle was fantastic. The first time I saw that I couldn't stop laughing. I saw that one at a drive-in theater the first time. So this huge 30 foot cow was flying across the screen.

If I ever watched Monty Python with my father I don't remember it. He would have liked it though.

• 20d

Have you seen how old cheese looks now? Best scenes are fish slapping dance and turning Scotsmen lol in the movie it's the black Knight

• 20d

My best friend and I don't talk much anymore, dude is like a brother to me. He's named after graham chapman, his father was a better father to me than my father was. I'm glad for Monty Python if not for any reason other than the dynamic I have with my best friend and his family.

Thanks for the post

• 20d

Love it

• 20d

Yeah they were a really good laugh

• 20d

I never really found them nearly as funny as people make them out to be

• 20d

I remember laughing so hard at the Biggus Dickus scene that I woke my girlfriend up. Bloody girl had fallen asleep to bloody Monty Python!

• 20d

Love Monty Python. Got big into it when I was 11 years old. Started off with The Holy Grail and then got into Flying Circus and eventually bought Life Of Brian and Meaning of Life when I was 11.

Looking back at it, I think Meaning of Life and Life of Brian were way too inappropriate for me to watch at 11 years old lol.