Nevada: The S*it I Didn't Tell You

This is a follow up from a previous my take.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/other/a27024-a-tribute-to-my-home-state-nevada

Nevada could be its own country. It has loose laws, high security prisons, (it's why we are strictly told not to pick up hitchhikers) loads of extravagance and decadence, and it's a state that will leave you saying, "what the fuck?" on a daily basis.

We have our own Loch Ness Monster. Her name is Tahoe Tessie.

We take #keeptahoeblue very serious. As a result, it's one of the cleanest lakes in the world at 99.994% pure.

Lake Tahoe is so deep that if it wasn't for our mountains, the entire state of California would be covered in 14 inches of water. For 165 days in 2016, Tahoe was above its natural rim level. Also, 1 inch of Lake Tahoe equals 3.33 billion gallons of water.

We have a clown motel conveniently located next to a graveyard.

We have an atomic survival town. Picture perfect town that's perfect for blowing up. We also have a Narional Atomic Testing Museum.

Area 51. People have claimed to work with aliens here and/or claimed to have seen ufos. We also have a high way named the Extraterrestrial Highway

We have a statue of a cow in the middle of our desert.

Tufas of Pyramid Lake. Pyramid Lake itself is really weird. A lot of people have gone missing there. It's like our own Bermuda Triangle.

You can pee on the Berlin Wall. At Main Street Station Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, there are urinals mounted to an authentic piece of the Berlin Wall.

A former mob attorney was mayor of Las Vegas. Oscar Goodman was known for having a martini and two showgirls by his side, and he was mayor of Las Vegas from 1999 to 2011. He reduced crime in Las Vegas, among other things.

The Cal Neva Resort & Casino in Lake Tahoe is split right on the state line of California and Nevada. The state line runs through the main dining room and pool. The original owners filed for bankruptcy however there is a remodel construction underway.

We have a festival which appreciates art and architecture that's called Burning Man. A lot of hippies go here. You can also get a ton of drugs here. Here's a few of my favorite art pieces.

Unedited footage of Burning Man anyone?

We also have a country music festival. If I'm being blunt, it's basically when a bunch of people I went to high school with spend three days in the middle of the Nevada desert getting ridiculously drunk, listen to "new" country music, and it's the only time they wear country attire. It's called Night in the Country. Why do I know this even though I have never and will never go there? Because my Facebook gets flooded with posts from Night in the Country. This video is for mature audiences but it is a good representation of what this festival is like. If you pause the video at 5:22, the brunette in the black sports bra was my high schools valedictorian.

We also have outhouse races. As you can see, we make our own fun.

Even though we're a desert, we have great ski resorts. In fact, we produce the most winter Olympian athletes.

Nevada, we're a world within and a state apart. Now enjoy some beautiful Nevada photography.

ginny_weasley is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 11

• Very interesting, Nevada does seem pretty cool. Some people need to understand its not just Las Vegas, Reno and gambling. there's a lot of atomic history and old west history. All of which is why I would visit. Notfor the gambling but for the beauty and history

• Just thought of something. If Johnny Cash "shot a man in Reno" in that song then shouldn't he have served time in a Nevada Prison instead of Folsom which is in California?

• Nevada's nice, I prefer Montana though

• I'll go to Nevada if someone else pays the plane tickets, transport there and my hotels or room. I'm not willing to pay for it myself.

• Really enjoyable take

• I knew a guy who was always going on vacation to Nevada, and always talking up about how wonderful it was. Truth is, he really just went there because the prostitution was legal.

• My feet may never have touched Nevada, but I now want to go there.

• Hey Lake Tahoe is mostly in California!

• Ok ok !! You caught my attention :p i want to go there : D

• A unique place for a unique girl 😉

• Good place for zombie apocalypse, I've never been there yet.

• Nevada is my favorite state.

What Girls Said 4

• I LOVE Nevada for all of these reasons!
    I have fun there every single time I drive to LV!

I also note the Highest roller coaster on the top of the Stratosphere, One that just drops you off the side of the building- and one of the wildest rollercoasters on the NV/CA border!

Makes my nipples hard just to think of those rides!

• Man, I *still* have nightmares about Pyramid Lake. That place... T-T

• nice job

• good post