Will my laptop get heavier if I put more files on it?

My MacBook Air weighs 2.3 pounds, if I download more files on it will it make it heavier?

What if it is running Windows?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• Dont feed the trolls people. Just dont.

• Can't believe any of you guys here on GAG are taking my question seriously. LMFAO!!!

You do realize this is a question I literally copied off of straight out of Yahoo! Answers to see what kind of reaction I'd get from this site, right?

answers.yahoo.com/.../index

• Yes. My laptop started out as 2.5 pounds, but I downloaded pictures of cars and dinosaurs, not it weighs 167 tons. Be careful, only download light things. Its not the amount of files you keep, it's whats In them.

Also, do NOT download pictures of buildings, they make your device weigh a ton :p

• Yes it will especially if you have lots of photographs of heavy machinery and buildings. Stick to pictures of kittens and flowers.

• No, that's not how that works.

• Of course. Didn't you know that your laptop converts your computer files to physical ones?

• Yes, it can get as heavy as 10 pounds, so make sure to keep as few files as you can.

• Wouldn't that depend on how big the files are?

• Hahahaha

• Lolllll

What Guys Said 17

• is this a joke?

• If you put files on the laptop then of course it'll get heavier.
    The more stuff you put on something, the heavier it gets. It's physics.

XD

• Haha that's pretty good. I appreciate the joke.

• of course it will. but the files will just fall off when you open the laptop. you should get a bag to put them in instead of just stacking them.

• Yea if you pack more files on it it will make it heavier, if you put anything on it, it will be heavier. Better to not put stuff on top of the laptop. It could damage it

• Is this a serious question? The only way it will get heavier is if you litterly put the files on top of the laptop, otherwise no downloading excess files will not make it heavier, it will just take up digital memory space

• Yep i've had enough of this site for the day...

• Go into Windows Paint draw a picture of a building and the laptop will suddenly weigh 999 tons and bust through the floor.

• At leas tput some effort into trying to troll us.

• That's not how physics work.

• yes it will gain weight actually.

• Ah, This old question.

• LOL, nice.

• What kinda sense of humor is this?

• Technically yes. Vsauce on YouTube made a video on the weight of data.

• Yes becareful or you won't be able to carry it

• nope never...