What do you think of Alicia Vikander being chose as the new Lara Croft in the upcoming movie?

She definitely has the face of the new Lara, but not the body in my opinion...

• I concur!
  • I do not concur!
P. S.
I concur - means you agree with the decision that she's the one.

I do not concur - means you don't agree with the movie executive's decision.
*chosen

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm just glad they didn't pick a black native American lesbian jewish woman for the sake of "diversity" lmao.

She is a little petite looking for the role--someone like

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...0995b612d2.jpg

might seem more appropriate, but maybe she'll bulk up a bit. And with luck, the new movie will be less like the Angelina Jolie movies and more like the Tomb Raider xbox 360 reboot.

What Guys Said 21

• Hmm I don't see it. She doesn't match with the looks of the different Lara Crofts.
    She certainly doesn't look close to the original LC, and she doesn't look much like the new (young) Lara. I know the movie is gonna be based on the newest games, so a young Lara, therefore, a young actress, so Angelina Jolie was a no-no.
    I thought, and wished they were going to choose Camilla Luddington, who's the face and voice of Lara in the new games. She's the perfect one, in my opinion, but let's see how Alicia Vikander does it, she was great on Ex-Machina.

images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/.../

• I concur, her body is not athletic enough... face is ok, but I'm not sure about her other traits... Lara Croft is a girl with strong personality, but Alicia seems so fragile at first glance.

• Lara Croft looks fragile too, but she's a total badass. Maybe that contrast is what the casting people were looking for.

• I don't know if you played the first game of the new Tomb Raider, but at the beginning you can see her crying and super scared, add that to her young looks, it gave me the impression of fragility, which is actually something the developers wanted to do, cause they wanted to show the change from fragile to badass, since in that game, it was Lara Croft's first adventure.

• @AleDeEurope I've played the remake, but I prefer the original, I doubt that she would be able to develop such skills so fast, in reality, she would have to train since early childhood.

• I made it a 50/50... my first impression seeing her was very positive so I stick with that one :D
    And maybe she'll have been given the task to gain muscle, that happens with actors: having to adapt to the figure they have to play.

• I understand she's playing Lara before she's a badass, but she needs to bulk up a little bit at least. I believe she's playing the reboot Lara from 2013 if I'm not mistaken.

Let's see how she does!

• Pervert guys are gonna say her boobs are too small. :-P

• Why don't they make her blond like James Bond... Yeah obviously she looks nothing like the video game character...

• I do not concur. There are better options in my opinion.

• The best Lara Croft was Angelina Jolie. And the new games aren't really Tomb Raider anymore. They're just something else. Something politically correct and boring.

• Politically correct? Explain.
      I played the first of the new ones and didn't see any PC, it was really good.

• @AleDeEurope www.kotaku.com.au/.../

She used to be a sexy bad ass archaeologist with huge breasts going on adventures. Now they've basically turned her into a scared woman with avergae breasts, fighting primitive men for her human rights. It's more of a feminist plot.

• Why the fuck do we want another shitty video game movie

• Damit I voted for I concur...

Jolie was way better

• I agree, unless they are basing it of the new tomb raider games then she fits

• I like Angelina better for the part. She is more bad ass in my opinion.

• she's gonna suck at it soo much.

• once again hollywood fucked up. Besides the race, she looks nothing like Lara Croft.

• I think that they shouldn't make another Lara Croft movie.

• Can't be worse than Jesse Eisenberg as a Luthor.

• Allison caroll is wayyy hottrr

• Angelina was the best, just like the original Lara Croft... cause new Lara is too girly... not like a real action heroine.

• She has not the face for it. The only real Lara Croft is Angelina Jolie.

• Ugh, first railly Gal Gadot and WW and now this waif as DDD Croft. Ugh.

• Oh man I wanted scarlet Johansen she looks great in tights

What Girls Said 7

• She has neither the face nor the body to be Lara Croft. That's not to say she's ugly or anything but keep in mind she's trying to fill in these shoes.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...38ba7b5155.jpg
    Yeah... not many women can compete with that.

• She is a bit too skinny, Lara should be more athletic.

• In my opinion, Jolie was way much better

• >o > Needs bigger tits.

• I've seen her in some of her previous roles and I think she's good for it

• She's pretty and she's one of my favorite actresses but no

• Angelina was perfect