Why do guys act distant when they give off signs of attraction?

My guy friend knew I liked him but he said he wasn't interested in anyone although he had acted interested.

After he knew I liked him, he and I for some reason talked a lot more than ever. He would initiate conversation, almost always try to find me in person to talk to,etc.

Recently, he looked at me multiple times when my back was to him and turned away the one time my friend caught him. He notice my earrings when we were having lunch (he initiated me hanging out after I called him out that we were talking online too much). He acts jealous sometimes when I talk about guys/talk to other guys. The last time we saw each other, he came to find me to hugged me goodbye (and dropped an arm when two of my friends were looking at him) and wished me a Merry Christmas and safe travels back home, smiling.

We haven't really talked much lately, but at the same time, I may just be spoiled at the fact we talked so much. I just find it odd I've had to initiate lately, and I've noticed the one time we did talk, he responded quickly at times, and then showed off and bragged about himself.

Guys, what's going on? I mean, the only explanation I know is he's busy, but I'm just ... confused.

Most Helpful Guy

• personally I think he likes you, but too afraid to show it.. see if he thinks you are stunningly beautiful he might be afraid to speak his mind and confess his feeling because he might think he'll scare you away if he does, so he's trying to show that he's all together but really every time your around him his world just stops and you are the only person he wants to be with.

• But then why would he say that he wasn't interested before?

• maybe to hide his true feelings because you said he acted interested, so why act interested and look at you when your not looking and all that if he doesn't harbor any feelings towards you?

• Okay, yeah, makes sense. And frankly, I thought it was, too, but it's like '...there's no way..."