Beauty of curly hair: Love your curls!

As a girl with curly hair myself (a mix of 3A and 3B type of curl) I just wanted to talk to you about the beauty of curly hair <3

Love your curls!

First of all; lets have a closer look of the different types of curls:

Benefits of curly hair:

1. It's low maintenance

2. You don't have to use a lot of products on your hair

3. Your hair always looks styled

4. It's less likely to get tangles

What's less funny about having curls :(

1. Humidity is our worst enemy

2. People tend to touch our hair

3. You can't brush it

How to care for curly hair?

These two videos will help you understand how curly hair can be a blessing as well as curse LOL

zombiebabe is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 13

• I like curls on a women, and I myself have very naturally curly hair which i love lol lol. I swear if I marry a curly haired woman my children would have curly Afros lol.

• I prefer straight hair

• 3A curls <3<3
    3C curls <3<3<3<3

• 1. Low maintenance? Curly hair dries out faster. My hair is 2b-2c and I need to add oils, or else my hair dries out completely.
    2. You don't have to use a lot of products on any hair type at this point.
    3. Not even close
    4. NOT EVEN CLOSE! My hair tangles like CRAZY! How do you think Wavy/Curly hair is less likely to tangle than silky, straight hair?

I love my 2B hair, but come on now. Curly hair is a nightmare sometimes.

• Dang, I don't know about other dudes but a girl w/wavy, coily, curly, kinky gots my attention any day! Sheeeiiiiiit!

• I got nappy ass black guy hair lol.
    Many people assume I don't do anything with it. I pick it if its long, brush it when its short (or attempt to), and leave it when I'm bald. I love curly haired girls though. I feel we share a connection...

• 2b and shakira are nice

• 9|1
  • Curly hair would look good on me

• My fiancée's hair is somewhere between a 3A and 3B. She would disagree about not needing lots of products. I keep asking her to not use mousse (spelling?) because I want to see what she looks like without it (and it's not fun to touch her hair when it's got a lot of stuff in it... I have sensitive skin), but she won't... Says it would poof out.

• I love this one! Compliments @zombiebabe :D
    The girl on the very first picture has a gorgeous look, that's 110% a winner!
    And I like the comparison with the sheep... so when you wake up like this how long do you need to work to get it right?

• yeah lol thanks!

• It takes me about an hour and a half to get ready in the morning but that includes making breakfast and packing lunch

• Thanks for adding that @aamy811!

• I think a girl with frizzy hair or curly hair is really pretty

• nice, lol
    I like it

What Girls Said 31

• oh! I wish I had curly hair!
    It's the most beautiful hair there is!

Wavy, coily, curly! Lucky! :P

• Thanks for this take! I finally decided to not straighten my hair a few days ago, so it's currently curly but wavy too from a twist out. I was so nervous though because I never wear my hair natural except for once, but it lost the curl pattern from a certain product I used and was just an afro, but I've got a new product that really brings out the definition in my curls. I have multiple curl patterns, so styling can be weird. Now I just wait for my hair to get longer so it won't look so short curled. I just might not use heat on my hair anymore; only time will tell. I hope I can get it past my shoulders by the end of the summer.

• lol just stay away from yoo much heat babe!.. which product do you use?

• I recently just bought AsIAm cowash and I like it! I also bought a cremem of nature leave in conditioner. Before then, I was between whatever products the salon used and carols daughter which I didn't like and design essentials and something else.

• oh okay.. keep taking care of your curls

• My hair is naturally really, really curly. It soaks up water like a sponge and it's a pain to keep done, so I straighten it. I may consider wearing it natural one day. Great take. :)

• haha this is cool! i love my curly hair. i think mines a mix between 2B and 2C according to that pic.
    mine does get tangled a bit easy tho after awhile =/ and it's not as long as id like it to look. I'm planning on growing my hair out so much so that i have it long and curly so that i barely straighten my hair again =]

• Curly hair is so awesome. 😍
    I'm jelly of all the girls who were born with natural curls, I wish I had them.

• I love this!! I have 2B, the shakira look! haha

• This is great! I have naturally curly hair. Probably 4A-4Bish. I seldom wear it our because it's a pain to deal with lol. I love my curls tho and I'm glad that you love yours too!

• haha thou shalt research the product commandment is so true, i do my thorough research before i let any product touch my hair. i have 2b hair i threw away my straightener when i was around 14 and deal with heat damage to this day. stop the straightening guys!!!

• I hated my curls so much until I was like 16. The past two years I have fallen in love with my curls and all of their attitude xD

• i don't know why i keep straightening my hair 😒

• Lol curly hair is anything but low maintenance, unless you have a very loose curl. I'm in between curly and coily.

• I dot know what curly hair you've got but I have absolutely none if those benefits. Lol. My hair tangles easy, is not low maintanence at all, eats product like crazy and it only looks styled if I style it.
    I wish y hair was that eat but my 3b/3C tresses don't want to make things that simple

• I have 2B hair and it is high maintenance

1- My curls disappear after I sleep so I need to put a curling mousse on them !
    2- That get tangled after a day ! And I'm not even talking about winter !! With scarves I just end up having big knots at the back of my head that are impossible to untangle !!
    3- I never know what to expect in the morning ! Sometimes I need to freshen up the curls with a curling iron or it would have no shape !

but there are pros : it doesn't show as quickly when it's getting greasy, no need to brush it !! An no motter haw bad you think it looks people will always think it's fabulous !!!

• -I don't think curly hair is low maintence especially 4B/C hair
    -you kinda do need a lot of products, at least moisturisers, because curly/kinky hair dries out faster as the natural oil from your scalp can't get to the hair as easily as straight hair.
    Unless you think a tight, small afro is styled, it doesn't always look styled on its own
    -And because of the curly nature of the hair, it's more likely to get tangles.
    The struggles of having tyoe 4 hair, a lot of girls can pull off the natural look but I just look like a mad person with 4C afro in my opinion

• My natural hair is definitely 3c... Unfortunately it just doesn't look the same/as cute on me.

• I absolutely love my natural hair and curls. Wouldn't go back to straight hair ever again

• Yesss :D I love my thick curly mane

• I have naturally really curly hair probably like 3B but if it would be longer it would probably be a 2B - however I just always straighten my hair when I go out because I think the curls don't suit me.. they look so pretty on everyone who has them naturally but me :/

• I have Curley hair and all I do for my hair is put a curling cream in my hair when it's wet after I shower and when it dries it looks more Curley

• My curls are most similar to 2B.
    When I was a little girl I hated it and wish I had straight hair.

My family really didn't know how to manage curly hair so it was always an out of control hassle. When I grew older I got into makeup, hair, fashion and learned how to maintain and style my girls. Now I love them!

• More from Girls
    11