myTake on Men's Fashion!

So this was suggested to me by a fellow gager. (Thanks!) I decided to do this take on the modern's men fashion world and what I LOVE to see a guy wearing!

Ok, lets start with preppy style

My Take on Men's Fashion!

Guys, basically number one universal rule of dressing, if you can afford it ofc, you want a clean, mature look. It'll give a girl a hint not only you have fashion sense but that you care, instead of some guy who wears a shirt he hasn't washed in a week that he got at a thrift store. Any girl loves a man with good taste in fashion! Am I right or am I right?

What he did here was he went for a preppy, classy looked but made it more casual with jeans!

Sometimes you can even go for a plain look! Like this one, you don't have to dress it up with a tie or a sport's jacket.

Seriously guys, I wouldn't lie to you...

Now on to more casual, laid back style

Like I said before, jeans basically dress almost anything down.

And here's a little tip- girls are more attracted to guys in red. This is something people gathered, its what most girs are attracted to at least, without knowing it or not.

Casual can even be an oxford shirt and sweater. Tie or not, although I have to say the tie looks better.

Even a nice sweater and jeans will do!!!

Once again, this wasn't me laying out the basic rules of fashion, it was givig inspiration and examples. And haha, this isn't me forcing guys to dress like this, its giving a girl's opinion of what we like, what society likes, what will make you feel hot and confident. If you don't wanna dress like this, don't. But you shoulddddd :-))

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 29

• Now find pictures of those outfit on average people.

• The internet won't allow it :/ i used 'men's fashion tumblr' and anyways, I paid attention to the clothes not really the people, not trying to offend anyone

• whoops. I didn't finish. "Fit" means (to me) well defined musculature in which those guys only have broad shoulders and skinny torsos. This is in my eyes of course.

• @RationalLioness They're filling in their clothes though, in most cases filling in the clothes aren't exactly skinny.

• Some good recommendations there. Thanks.

• yeah, no.
    Pants and shirt.
    or suit pants and suit jacket for work
    if it's hot then shorts and a shirt.
    That's as complicated as our fashion is. all about functionality, unless their function is to attract women... then a leather jacket it is, hell i'll even make it red for you ladies.

• Ok boys! Watch where you step when you get up cus' im about to drop some fact.

The one rule for dressing:
    If you wouldn't wear it to a yacht club, throw it in the bin.

There. I just sorted out you fashion sense for the rest of your life.
    No thanks necessary.

• lol watch yo step cause this man dropped some FACTS! Making men around the world fashionable since 1996-7(?)

• The truth of what men think of the fashion industry
    pbs.twimg.com/media/CJHxizAWwAAjZaB.jpg:large

• This girl keeps teasing me about what i wear. She says my tracksuit is like a racecar suit and that i'am ready to hop into a race car (during the cold days). Now in the summer i wear something like shorts (usually b-ball shorts) and normal tee-shirt... she still finds a way to tease me >:-(

What can i wear that will make me look good lol. i have NO fashion sense at all. People say i look good in a suit. Girls have said that too.

• Message me! :P I'll help ya out, and even though I totally failed to do that here, i'll help you through an affordable way haha. (P. s I had a tutor who had to prepare me for entrance exams like 2 years back or something bc I was going into high school. He always wore like track suits, you know sweat pants and a jacket. The pants were bright red and had a white stripe running down both sides and he always had the bright red matching sweater open a bit so his chest hair was out and wore a gold chain around his neck-BAHAHAHA LOL. I laughed a bit every time he tutored me, he was like 50 btw)

• Maybe! If you have blue eyes they may bring out the blue. and blue is a very popular fav color :P
      You should change that fashion choice X"D if u love it go for it, but otherwise you may want to hit a store and buy a jacket and jeans :P

• meh, i'm not a jean type of guy lol, I don't know my style i like i guess. i have brown eyes

• Just bought lots of red shirts, watch out ladies lol.

• Hahahaha omg

• Ermergerd lately i've been buying red things? Short sleeve red crop top, long sleeve red crop top, red skirt o_0?
      Something's happening to me seriously. Ever since the whole "red's an attractive color" came to mind. Wow i'm hopeless and pathetic.

• Lol, hope it gets you attention from guys.

• lol is the red thing real?

• Scientific fact apparently and girl's aren't aware of it, i'd try it with a red shirt you have in the closet or something though baha

• I wore red yesterday and a random girl was giving me a lot of attention :D

• Oooooh. *throws confetti* Congratulations bahaha.

• By god that's a lot of accessories.

• True true lol, I guess you don't have to dress up the outfit nearly as much lol

• Casual for the win!!!

• My god. These guys are so attractive. haha. Good take, love your fashion sense.

• 2|0
    • Oooh, good call.

• I can't :C But it was the second one and it said like "Your jean jacket now means business!

• ah right she pointed out magazine how they are fucked up selling expensive things (promoting)

• I'll wear trousers and an ironic T-Shirt as usual, thank you. Haven't got the arms for these sort of things.

• You don't have to :P I think it would make any guy sexier tbh, maybe its the effort that shines through, but I don't know, t
      shirts are nice too haha, I wear them too >.> *shhh*

• Unless you are a mega millionare or a technology company spokesperson/executive. Do not EVER wear jeans with a blazer. You will look like a bozo.

Get some slacks.

• I personally disagree, I think you can be any kind of person whether its an waiter at a restaurant to a mega millionaire to wear clothes like these if you can afford it, but if thats your opinion go for it >.>

• You can wear whatever you want, that doesn't mean you should.

If you try to combine formal and non formal clothes you will just look stupid

• I have a fashion sense but I ignor it unless dressing for an occasion

• I think same kinda goes for me, X'D I write ideas but never apply them to anything.

• What about men wearing v-neck tees and jeans with vans or converses? That's my version of casual, but the "casual" clothes you showed in the Take are what I would call fancy. It would completely my wallet to buy just one of these outfits.

Most of these clothes look like they're made for RICH and WHITE people.

• Coughs did you *cough* see the African American *coughs* man at the beginning? I think you can be any race to wear these clothes, those things like "black people wear hoodies" is an awful stereotype, and ofc some people dress by religion, but otherwise...
      But I do like the idea you had with converse, and I do agree these clothes look like they are made for rich people, but you can pull it off with much cheaper clothes :P

• You forget to add the fact if you don't have the face of a model / ripped as fuck body, Then all these outfits are pretty pointless xD

• *^* cries
      I see your point kinda X'D I don't know I thought it was different for guys, I'd see a super cute top and be like well my body may be built well but my face is probably average af so i'm not gonna wear that and embarrass myself completely by "trying to be that", but I guess not for guys o-o
      But you can still wear it and look 50% sexierrrrr X'D

• leather jacket and jeans?

I don't know where you live, but if you did that here you would look like some dick head trying to look like some fucker out of Top Gun haha xD.

here's an idea, How about, you use your beautiful writing skills and girl prefference, and make another take, only this time for guys who dont look like the cast of 'Magic Mike' ? xD

• Lmaooo, i'll try X'D

• wheres the streetstyle :/

• O-o I thought the last one would be considered street style, street style is typically casual wear in any form so if you mean like jeans with a jacket and headphones and converse, I love that style too, but I forgot to include it :-((

• i mean the rough style examples:asap rocky, big sea, travis scottnkanye west
      You go on tumblr or smt and type those names in or ian connor

• I think I'll stick to my skinny jeans and jumpers thanks 😂 I'm way too poor to even consider this.

• Aww :-(( I forget about price tags and just kinda go straight to like "OOOH DAMN THIS LOOKS GOOD" so i should of included fashion for people who aren't extremely rich -_-' boo me

• So, to translate, you have to dress like a dweeb, a hipster, or spend a ton of money on an outfit.

I'd rather just rock what I own. T-shirt, jeans, heeled boots.

• No its just stuff I think looks really attractive on men, its not a necessity. I usually stick with a t-shirt and jeans too :.

• I guess to each their own, if I saw any of these guys walking down the street, I'd think they were almost guaranteed to be a$$holes.

• I guess thats a stereotype bc men who usually wear these things are privileged and some can end up being ass holes. But ik a man who dresses this way, one of my uncles and he's really nice, he's in his 30's.

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 16

• The red thing seems odd. I don't know i would think more would be attracted to black shirts.

• That casual laid back style 👌🏽 oh yes!

• i love that preppy casual look !
    my boyfriend always has that look ♡
    爽やか♡

• If you have the face of the last one even a cloth made of hard pieces of shit would look good on you.

• I like guys who dress normally/ laid back

• I do too :P I kinda went blank and forgot the whole other section of men's wear I think would look attractive on men.

• I love the first guy. God I gotta get me some of that mandingo.

• I wouldn't like a guy to be dressed up, its homosexual (it would be concerning for a woman to have a guy to care about his looks more than her, yes?). I would just prefer if he wore clean casual clothes, or something cool like a jacket. Not the skinny jeans or preppy look.

• I don't think a guy caring about what he wears is homosexual, its a common, misused stereotype and I think its refreshing for a guy to really spend time dressing up, not being extremely vain and getting pissed if his hair falls out of place and always looking in the mirror, but you know.
      I don't know, the preppy look was just my personal preference, but I like it when guys wear like jackets and jeans and converse and headphones :P

• Yes the jacket, jeans and headphones is fine :)

• Black jeans, white shirt
    That's my weakness...

• Ooooh you're right, like a white shirt thats tight bc I found something like that and I think i'm in love *^*

• Sorry but I'm not one of those fashion girls. I don't like seeing guys dressed up just to dress up. They don't look comfortable. Jeans and t-shirt and tennis shoes, please!

As for the red thing, it's a primal instinct for bright colors to be attractive. Just look out at nature and you'll see it all over.

• True, I used to despise any form of jeans thats how fit I was to comfortable clothes like baggy pants and baggy shirts, but now i wear lots of things, if its a bit on the itchy side or its tight I get used to it pretty quickly, beauty is painnn, haha jk (but it kinda is at some times >.>) I guess, not familiar with the red fact but that my be the cause.

• I literally like none of the preppy looks. I can't stand them on guys because most of their frames are small and skinny. Not attractive.

I do like the laid back look. Or a simple T-shirt, collared or no. I don't like full sweaters, but half-sleeves are okay.

I don't know... preppy is not cute with me.

• Do you like it when guys wear jeans and tight shirts, like regular plain shirts? I don't know its literally so basic but its a weakness of mine! But, I get you, everyone has different fashion style.

• Yeah, I do. I'm into more muscular guys so this style doesn't look good on them... haha

• I love that last outfit you posted. All black + a pop of color is super nice.
    I like leather jackets on guys as well :)
    Good take.

• Aw thanks :) I love leather jackets too, I was at a subway and I saw a guy wearing jeans, a leather jacket, converse or vans and had headphones lying on his neck and I was like omfgg

• Black leather jackets specifically ;)

• I love guys that wear these styles, means when I dress up we match.

• I'd prefer a week old thrift store shirt to most of this. Why do half of the guys appear to be wearing clothes two sizes too small for them?

• I think its bc we're now in the 21st century and I guess tight clothes is part of it lol

• I'm a sucker for a guy who dresses nice and the examples you posted are really good. My nephew saw them and liked them also.

• I hate polos. I'm sorry. But no. Polos are total dad shirts. Like, even if you're a dad, DONT DO IT.

• I was giving it an example for red :P Maybe I should have done something sexier. But there's hot dads >.> Chris Hemsworth is a dad, and polos can kind of work if you pair them with shorts on a hot day.

• Nice.
    Preppy classy, the casual and the last one are great.

• Thank you, I feel like guys think dressing preppy means fancy, but it can also be casual for like every day :P