myTake on Men's Fashion!

So this was suggested to me by a fellow gager. (Thanks!) I decided to do this take on the modern's men fashion world and what I LOVE to see a guy wearing!

Ok, lets start with preppy style

My Take on Men's Fashion!

Guys, basically number one universal rule of dressing, if you can afford it ofc, you want a clean, mature look. It'll give a girl a hint not only you have fashion sense but that you care, instead of some guy who wears a shirt he hasn't washed in a week that he got at a thrift store. Any girl loves a man with good taste in fashion! Am I right or am I right?

What he did here was he went for a preppy, classy looked but made it more casual with jeans!

Sometimes you can even go for a plain look! Like this one, you don't have to dress it up with a tie or a sport's jacket.

Seriously guys, I wouldn't lie to you...

Now on to more casual, laid back style

Like I said before, jeans basically dress almost anything down.

And here's a little tip- girls are more attracted to guys in red. This is something people gathered, its what most girs are attracted to at least, without knowing it or not.

Casual can even be an oxford shirt and sweater. Tie or not, although I have to say the tie looks better.

Even a nice sweater and jeans will do!!!

Once again, this wasn't me laying out the basic rules of fashion, it was givig inspiration and examples. And haha, this isn't me forcing guys to dress like this, its giving a girl's opinion of what we like, what society likes, what will make you feel hot and confident. If you don't wanna dress like this, don't. But you shoulddddd :-))

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 29

• 7|0
    • Yay, a guy with a great fashion sense! I love the beanies, I was gonna add that kind of style: jacket, beanie, jeans, etc but I forgot :c but thanks for the great suggestions :)

• You forget to add the fact if you don't have the face of a model / ripped as fuck body, Then all these outfits are pretty pointless xD

• *^* cries
      I see your point kinda X'D I don't know I thought it was different for guys, I'd see a super cute top and be like well my body may be built well but my face is probably average af so i'm not gonna wear that and embarrass myself completely by "trying to be that", but I guess not for guys o-o
      But you can still wear it and look 50% sexierrrrr X'D

• leather jacket and jeans?

I don't know where you live, but if you did that here you would look like some dick head trying to look like some fucker out of Top Gun haha xD.

here's an idea, How about, you use your beautiful writing skills and girl prefference, and make another take, only this time for guys who dont look like the cast of 'Magic Mike' ? xD

• Lmaooo, i'll try X'D

• The truth of what men think of the fashion industry
    pbs.twimg.com/media/CJHxizAWwAAjZaB.jpg:large

• I think that is fine you like this style and everything, and I admit it looks sharp. but I find guys who dress like this tend to be arrogant pricks, not all but just more often than not in my personal experience...

I tend more toward jeans, converse and maybe a button down to be a bit dressier or usually a flannel with a band t shirt. I find the rugged mountain man look has really worked well for me! (even my profile picture is a bit more metro than usually haha)

I guess I should say too, I don't really like the preppy look on girls, I like more the punk/alternative look.

But hey, to each their own.

• I do like guys my age who dress that way: beanies, converse, jackets, jeans, headphones, etc haha.
      I guess I can see where you're coming from though, these styles are USUALLY worn by wealthy or at least fairly wealthy men so maybe thats why they're pricks- they're spoiled? But, I still love this style! :P

• Yes, my parents are fairly wealthy, but I never EVER act like it, and never bring up the fact really. Just saying, all wealthy people are not like this, but I have to agree, loads are.

• trying to say this in the nicest way possible, because I am sure you are nice, but this is something I have noticed form children of wealthier families. I grew up in a very wealthy community, but my family is working class, both parents work full time to bring in a fraction of what the other kids parents do. Many are very nice and some of my best friends, but I find you lack the... appreciation for material goods. Not willingly, it is not your fault by any means, but it is like a unconscious thing.

But to an extent, not necessarily overtly, but all wealthy people are a bit like that, simply because they don't know the difference.

Again, not trying to make that an attack or anything, it is not something wealthy people do overtly often, it is more like when great grandma says something racist, but she literally doesn't understand that you shouldn't say these things lol

• Ok boys! Watch where you step when you get up cus' im about to drop some fact.

The one rule for dressing:
    If you wouldn't wear it to a yacht club, throw it in the bin.

There. I just sorted out you fashion sense for the rest of your life.
    No thanks necessary.

• lol watch yo step cause this man dropped some FACTS! Making men around the world fashionable since 1996-7(?)

• I think I'll stick to my skinny jeans and jumpers thanks 😂 I'm way too poor to even consider this.

• Aww :-(( I forget about price tags and just kinda go straight to like "OOOH DAMN THIS LOOKS GOOD" so i should of included fashion for people who aren't extremely rich -_-' boo me

• I'm casual as fuck. I usually go with T-shirts or hoodies with jeans and sneakers. Just things that are comfortable and look somewhat decent. If only someone other than my mother would ever give me advice lol. Those fucks at the store always say it looks nice just because they want to sell it.

• True, well at least you're getting advice from this? Obviously if its not in your exact style, it wouldn't be something you can wear but you can always spice things up.

• Don't get me wrong, I like the style you showed, but I'm afraid I can't afford clothes like this. All I have that comes close this is a couple of buttoned shirts and polo shirts. What do you mean by spicing things up?

• Spicing things up like feel comfortable in your own clothes and styles, regardless of what you like or not, but on future occasions to add some color to a a shirt with a v-neck sweater, etc. I think you know what I mean, its hard to explain.

• Now find pictures of those outfit on average people.

• The internet won't allow it :/ i used 'men's fashion tumblr' and anyways, I paid attention to the clothes not really the people, not trying to offend anyone

• whoops. I didn't finish. "Fit" means (to me) well defined musculature in which those guys only have broad shoulders and skinny torsos. This is in my eyes of course.

• @RationalLioness They're filling in their clothes though, in most cases filling in the clothes aren't exactly skinny.

• Unless you are a mega millionare or a technology company spokesperson/executive. Do not EVER wear jeans with a blazer. You will look like a bozo.

Get some slacks.

• I personally disagree, I think you can be any kind of person whether its an waiter at a restaurant to a mega millionaire to wear clothes like these if you can afford it, but if thats your opinion go for it >.>

• You can wear whatever you want, that doesn't mean you should.

If you try to combine formal and non formal clothes you will just look stupid

• My god. These guys are so attractive. haha. Good take, love your fashion sense.

• By god that's a lot of accessories.

• True true lol, I guess you don't have to dress up the outfit nearly as much lol

• Casual for the win!!!

• This girl keeps teasing me about what i wear. She says my tracksuit is like a racecar suit and that i'am ready to hop into a race car (during the cold days). Now in the summer i wear something like shorts (usually b-ball shorts) and normal tee-shirt... she still finds a way to tease me >:-(

What can i wear that will make me look good lol. i have NO fashion sense at all. People say i look good in a suit. Girls have said that too.

• Message me! :P I'll help ya out, and even though I totally failed to do that here, i'll help you through an affordable way haha. (P. s I had a tutor who had to prepare me for entrance exams like 2 years back or something bc I was going into high school. He always wore like track suits, you know sweat pants and a jacket. The pants were bright red and had a white stripe running down both sides and he always had the bright red matching sweater open a bit so his chest hair was out and wore a gold chain around his neck-BAHAHAHA LOL. I laughed a bit every time he tutored me, he was like 50 btw)

• Maybe! If you have blue eyes they may bring out the blue. and blue is a very popular fav color :P
      You should change that fashion choice X"D if u love it go for it, but otherwise you may want to hit a store and buy a jacket and jeans :P

• meh, i'm not a jean type of guy lol, I don't know my style i like i guess. i have brown eyes

• Just bought lots of red shirts, watch out ladies lol.

• Hahahaha omg

• Ermergerd lately i've been buying red things? Short sleeve red crop top, long sleeve red crop top, red skirt o_0?
      Something's happening to me seriously. Ever since the whole "red's an attractive color" came to mind. Wow i'm hopeless and pathetic.

• Lol, hope it gets you attention from guys.

• I'll wear trousers and an ironic T-Shirt as usual, thank you. Haven't got the arms for these sort of things.

• You don't have to :P I think it would make any guy sexier tbh, maybe its the effort that shines through, but I don't know, t
      shirts are nice too haha, I wear them too >.> *shhh*

• So, to translate, you have to dress like a dweeb, a hipster, or spend a ton of money on an outfit.

I'd rather just rock what I own. T-shirt, jeans, heeled boots.

• No its just stuff I think looks really attractive on men, its not a necessity. I usually stick with a t-shirt and jeans too :.

• I guess to each their own, if I saw any of these guys walking down the street, I'd think they were almost guaranteed to be a$$holes.

• I guess thats a stereotype bc men who usually wear these things are privileged and some can end up being ass holes. But ik a man who dresses this way, one of my uncles and he's really nice, he's in his 30's.

• Nice take.
    I like all the suggestions apart from 3rd pic... just me but I'd never wear a cardigan.

good suggestions by 'djvtech' too

• I feel you :P tons of cute things I see but i'd never wear them either hahah. I think you need confidence to dress like a model, thanks!

• Ya it is kind of 'old man' clothing here too also kind of 'nerdy', I think they're attractive, but society and stereotypes have downgraded them, damn society haha. You're not old btw!

• ha ha...'nerdy' love that word.

Thank you.

• yeah, no.
    Pants and shirt.
    or suit pants and suit jacket for work
    if it's hot then shorts and a shirt.
    That's as complicated as our fashion is. all about functionality, unless their function is to attract women... then a leather jacket it is, hell i'll even make it red for you ladies.

• Some good recommendations there. Thanks.

• wheres the streetstyle :/

• O-o I thought the last one would be considered street style, street style is typically casual wear in any form so if you mean like jeans with a jacket and headphones and converse, I love that style too, but I forgot to include it :-((

• i mean the rough style examples:asap rocky, big sea, travis scottnkanye west
      You go on tumblr or smt and type those names in or ian connor

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 16

• I literally like none of the preppy looks. I can't stand them on guys because most of their frames are small and skinny. Not attractive.

I do like the laid back look. Or a simple T-shirt, collared or no. I don't like full sweaters, but half-sleeves are okay.

I don't know... preppy is not cute with me.

• Do you like it when guys wear jeans and tight shirts, like regular plain shirts? I don't know its literally so basic but its a weakness of mine! But, I get you, everyone has different fashion style.

• Yeah, I do. I'm into more muscular guys so this style doesn't look good on them... haha

• I love that last outfit you posted. All black + a pop of color is super nice.
    I like leather jackets on guys as well :)
    Good take.

• Aw thanks :) I love leather jackets too, I was at a subway and I saw a guy wearing jeans, a leather jacket, converse or vans and had headphones lying on his neck and I was like omfgg

• Black leather jackets specifically ;)

• i love that preppy casual look !
    my boyfriend always has that look ♡
    爽やか♡

• If you have the face of the last one even a cloth made of hard pieces of shit would look good on you.

• Sorry but I'm not one of those fashion girls. I don't like seeing guys dressed up just to dress up. They don't look comfortable. Jeans and t-shirt and tennis shoes, please!

As for the red thing, it's a primal instinct for bright colors to be attractive. Just look out at nature and you'll see it all over.

• True, I used to despise any form of jeans thats how fit I was to comfortable clothes like baggy pants and baggy shirts, but now i wear lots of things, if its a bit on the itchy side or its tight I get used to it pretty quickly, beauty is painnn, haha jk (but it kinda is at some times >.>) I guess, not familiar with the red fact but that my be the cause.

• I'd prefer a week old thrift store shirt to most of this. Why do half of the guys appear to be wearing clothes two sizes too small for them?

• I think its bc we're now in the 21st century and I guess tight clothes is part of it lol

• I wouldn't like a guy to be dressed up, its homosexual (it would be concerning for a woman to have a guy to care about his looks more than her, yes?). I would just prefer if he wore clean casual clothes, or something cool like a jacket. Not the skinny jeans or preppy look.

• I don't think a guy caring about what he wears is homosexual, its a common, misused stereotype and I think its refreshing for a guy to really spend time dressing up, not being extremely vain and getting pissed if his hair falls out of place and always looking in the mirror, but you know.
      I don't know, the preppy look was just my personal preference, but I like it when guys wear like jackets and jeans and converse and headphones :P

• Yes the jacket, jeans and headphones is fine :)

• That casual laid back style 👌🏽 oh yes!

• The red thing seems odd. I don't know i would think more would be attracted to black shirts.

• Black jeans, white shirt
    That's my weakness...

• Ooooh you're right, like a white shirt thats tight bc I found something like that and I think i'm in love *^*

• I love guys that wear these styles, means when I dress up we match.

• I'm a sucker for a guy who dresses nice and the examples you posted are really good. My nephew saw them and liked them also.

• I hate polos. I'm sorry. But no. Polos are total dad shirts. Like, even if you're a dad, DONT DO IT.

• I was giving it an example for red :P Maybe I should have done something sexier. But there's hot dads >.> Chris Hemsworth is a dad, and polos can kind of work if you pair them with shorts on a hot day.

• I like guys who dress normally/ laid back

• I do too :P I kinda went blank and forgot the whole other section of men's wear I think would look attractive on men.

• I love the first guy. God I gotta get me some of that mandingo.

• Nice.
    Preppy classy, the casual and the last one are great.

• Thank you, I feel like guys think dressing preppy means fancy, but it can also be casual for like every day :P