High Heels: The Struggles

High Heels: The Struggles

Oh boy, for short girls like me, I absolutely adore wearing heels! Cause I can wear it and still not be overly tall (let's just face it - I'm short).

Heels are a blessing, and a curse too. They make our legs look amazing and they give us those few extra inches that we will never have (or grow). But here's a thing, we all struggle with the daunting pain that comes with wearing it.

Yet we own so many pairs of them and still continue wearing them anyways, right?

So here are some stages you might feel when wearing heels on your night out. 👠

1. You feel amazing

• You stare at yourself in the mirror, and you can't get over about the fact on how amazing your legs look.

2. You feel nervous

• You are queueing up and that's when the pressure is on. Your feet starts to ache.

3. You dance/shop anyways

• Let's all admit it, dancing or shopping with a 6 inch heels isn't easy. Dancing is not easy when you're wearing heels, but you still continue doing it.

4. You start to feel the pain setting in

• Shopping, dancing, or doing whatever for long hours with heels on can be quite crazy. After hours of standing on your feet, it became very clear that you're not going to push through this.

5. You regret wearing them

• Can't say for every girls, but personally, I start regretting on why did I even chose to wear heels out for the night and it's so pain. But I still continue wearing them too again the next time. 😂

6. You just want to find a chair to sit

• After continuous hours of standing on your feet and all the pain setting in, you just need a chair. You are looking high and low just for a place to sit.

7. You tell yourself you'll wear flats next time

Thank the stars for flats! I'm guilty for this, but always end up wearing heels again. :p

mskay is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 16

• Nice take :) I like it when a lady wears heels, because it's classy and beautiful though it is painful for her. It really looks elegant

• It makes the butt looks more nice as well

• Ah yes, shoes. Great topic.

• women in heels look hot as fuck

• High heels are such a pain, Finding the right pair that fit and that are comfortable are nearly impossible! And they're so difficult to run... I... I.. I mean I don't wear high heels.

• Depending on where you live, you're probably not even THAT short. Just saying: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a22708-statistical-breakdown-of-height-in-the-united-states

I like how girls look in heels but as a truly short guy (my height at 5'3.6 has a z-score of about -1.952 which is almost statistically "unusual"), it might limit my options some more. lol I mean I don't mind dating taller girls at all, but many girls want guys to be taller than them in heels, and if even the girls who are a bit shorter than average are inflating their height and thus becoming taller than me...

• I love it when a women wears heels. It is very classy however wearing it frequently causes pain so I rather see women in something more comfortable frequently. So there is my two cents for you. :).

• i have a leg fetish and high heels just shoots that to the extreme... but i think you should focus on heels that are as comfortable as matching your tastes.

• First world problems lmao

• If this is considered a "struggle", then Western world is fucked when shit hits the fan.

• Love girls in heels, accept them to wear them off. Wouldn't mind carrying girl on my back

• What about the 5'7 women who are 5'10 or 5'11 in heels and can't find a man?

• And what you're tryna say is..>?

• And the chances to find a 6'/6'1" girl isn't high either. What's the big deal lol

• The tall woman has much more competition because she limits herself to dating taller men. However, that 6'4 man could date a 5'7 woman or a 5'4 woman.

• Because we know girls dress for men

• Not necessarily.

• Don't generalize. I wear them because I love them. Do you need me to ask other girls as well? Cause I'm pree sure they all wear because they love wearing em!

• Lol, you're funny, you make me laugh, I like you

• There was a story where a guy wore high heels then conceded within 1/2 dday.

• I second what @oddwaffle said. Nice take.

• Oh, this comes from a guy but I will say this: a woman wearing high heels is extremely sexy to a man's eyes. I believe it is secretly the number one cause of male walking accidents. We can't keep our eyes and thoughts off those walks.

What Girls Said 30

• i like heels but i rarely wear them... i know the feeling man

• Hahaha I agree. Will never again wear heels shopping, but will dancing. xD

• Tbh, I really don't care about the struggles lol as long as I don't like a smurf any longer, I'm good. Pain can suck d

• Which is why you should wear heels that fit your feet perfectly and also keep simple, foldable flats in your bag! :)

• ahah yeah, I always have foldable flats in my bag 😅

• This. Was. So. Precise! And I looved your choice of heels :p
    I feel the same way when I choose to wear them, and oh, the feeling when I get home and take them off is.. oh god... it's the best feeling ever!

• Hehe thank you 😘 I love them too, especially the black and blue ones 💙

Omg ikr the best relief everrr

• I don't wear heels often and I sure as hell would never shop or dance in them if I can help it. I definitely see all of your points and am not saying other women don't apply to all of what you said, I simply don't.

I think they're cute and all but I prefer boots or sneakers. Otherwise this take was a fun read and I still enjoyed it.

• ok stage 6 for me is like the panic stage lmao. i will literally sit on a rock if i have to just so i can have the relief of sitting!

this is good though, and despite all that i still love wearing heels because i feel fiiineeee! :D

• I have a friend that literally sat on the floor lol
      Yeah, heels are too good not to be worn 💙

• yeah i know but the girls were probably thinking "man she has balls, i so badly wanna do that! 😫" lol. friends make life so much less... and more embarrassing. *fistbump*

• jeez swear** lol wtf is happening to me ><

ahahah yeah 😂👊

• More a boot girl, but I do love my high heels

• One time at a wedding i wore heals for one whole day , at night i couldnt feel my feet i felt like ant on my toes and i thought i will die lol was so awefull.. but i love them it makes my legs look sexy and my butt too ><

• Then don't wear high heels.

I don't understand why some women are willing to torture their feet just to look 5cm taller. Just wear whatever you're comfortable with.

• This is so awesome!

• I'm a flat shoe kind of girl. Too tall to wear heels without towering over everyone and looking awkward, lol.

• For me the pain sets in within minutes.

About 2 years ago, I did the early shift at work (6:30am - 4pm, half hour extra), went home and got ready, put my heels on and went out for the night. I was out from 7pm until 4:30am.

To this day I do not know how I did it. I was the only person who didn't cut my feet on glass too!

• Also my job I have to stand on my feet all day except breaks (work with food). They were 6 inch heels

• Wow you're amazing! 😱😍

• Hahahahaha thank you! Can't do it nowadays though :) I miss being 20

• I feel you, girl! Oh gosh, I'll put on heels when it goes well with an outfit, but as soon as I walk into where I'm supposed to be, I IMMEDIATELY regret it. I feel like everyone is watching me as I nearly kill myself just to get to the bathroom.
    But they look so professional, and some are just so cute, that I continue wearing them!!
    Great take, by the way! (:

• And this is why I don't wear heels, I'm not prepared to be in pain all night and to not be able to run or climb or even jump.

I don;t think girls look very sexy or stylish in heels as most can't walk in them and just look like drunk baby giraffes, that isn't elegant. It isn't sophisticated, it's just vanity. Well made and well fitting shoes shouldn't hurt.

• Great take I'm sure many other girls/women can agree but heels don't really bother me but that's only because I did modeling when I was younger :)

• That's so nice! I still love wearing heels nonetheless ahah 🙈

• Hahaha truly relatable! Agree with ya on this

• I wear heels on an everday basis, try ones from payless or charrolette russe, I think they are pretty comfortable

• Hmm.. never heard of em 🙈 But I'd search it, thank you (:

• I live in the US if you dont live here thats probably why, they might have them in other countries though im not sure. And no problem :)

• Oh yeah, probably that too. I live in Australia (:

• Apart from the strange focus on shopping and dancing (because naturally, that's all a woman can accomplish in heels), I agree.

• Not all ladies could dance or shop in heels tho (at least not all of the ones I know of). ^^

• Try enforcing a whole new world order in heels. Now *that's* a challenge.

• As a tall girl, I never wear them. I love my boots :3

• More from Girls
    10