Why are so many girls proud of spending their life changing their hair length?

There are quite many girls who like sometimes to have long hair and sometimes to have short hair. I can't understand it, because I don't find these kind of changes to be a big deal, just they have less personality. A good example of it is Cameron Díaz, sometimes she had quite long hair like this:

And sometimes she had quite short hair like this:

The second hairstyle is the first I've ever seen, then I find her with less personality, when I see the first one in her, because she prefers to wear some different hairstyles than choose one to be the perfect for her.

In the other hand I admire some other girls like Catherine Zeta-Jones, who I've always seen with long hair and I've seen her with short hair. That means she has the principle of always wearing long hair and makes her a girl with stronger personality that girls like Cameron Diaz.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 5

• Meh, change is nice. Who really cares?

• I don't really think changing hair is an indicator of personality, but rather a woman experimenting with her looks, wanting a change, or maybe even looking for something lower maintenance.
    Personally, I haven't tried very much with my hair in my lifetime because I'm not very brave, don't like a lot of change, and I also like low maintenance. My biggest change was probably cutting close to a foot of it off at 14 because it was getting so long and thick that it was hard to comb and take care of. Since then, I've only cut it when it really needed it.

• Maybe my vision is quite uncommon, I don't perceive just the current length like some other guys, I perceive every hair length I've seen in every girl.

There are some girls who are interested on having always long hair, for example:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1312629-girl-s-only-have-you-ever-had-a-super-short-haircut-with-clippers

These kind of girls are more attractive for me, but they are not easy to be found.

Maybe the reason is what @Jessicocoa told, most of them find it boring. It's another way of thinking, like, for example, I find very boring to go on holiday every year to the same place, but some people find it ok

• I think it's kind of boring to always keep your hair the same way.

• This is single handedly the biggest load of shit I have ever read on here. Since when does cutting your hair change your personality or since when does NOT cutting your hair make you more of an interesting person? Also, when did you meet Cameron Diaz and Catherine Zeta Jones? I assume you have, how else could you comment on their personalities so critically?

• I didn't meet them, I just put them as examples who many people know. And my opinion is having a defined hairstyle is a sign of having stronger personality. If you don't think that way I am not surprised, I assume that there are some girls with your way of thinking and if anyone wants to give her way of thinking, she can do it.

• You're a 34 year old man and you're talking like a seven year old. So you don't have anything to support this claim... there's a surprise, because it's shit! In fact, it's such rubbish I'm actually going to report it for being nonsense. There's enough stupid on this site already.

• Hair grows back. That is why it's not a big deal. We girls change our hair so we would be satisfied with it. You don't have to like it, but it's not your hair so it's none of your concern.
    It's just hair, get over it.

What Guys Said 3

• I think it just means you like long hair - It is highly unlikely that a person has more or less personality because of hair length.

• My ideal girl is some who ALWAYS have long hair, that's true. I think hair length has no effects about personality, but having a defined hairstyle has.

• I have no idea wtf you're trying to say.

• I don't understand your point, but I think changing hair lengths works for some girls and doesn't work for others.