How to be Gorgeous like Maria

:::disclaimer:::

This title has been chosen by the amazing @consultantisback, I'd never have thought of something like that - so conceited! :O - on my own :)

So here are a few tips on how I keep myself pretty and healthy!

Makeup

The perfect smokey eye and eyeliner

A technique that I've come across a while ago - and still use every time I'm going out at night! - is using tape to draw a perfect straight line. It makes life a lot easier and gives an almost professional look to your makeup! Here's a good tutorial:

Something that is also important to have in mind is that even if you're going for a simple cateye look, you have to use some different - yet neutral eyeshadows. Use as "foundation" a color that is one shade lighter than your skin, apply some darker color (warm brown) to your crease and use a much lighter eyeshadow, sparkly or not in your inner corner of your eyes, brow bone and middle of your eyelid. Here's an example:

Last but not least, I recommend you guys to put on several layers of mascara! Put on a bit, then let it try ( 2-5 minutes should do) and repeat it twice! Maybelline has the best ones in my opinion, good quality and pretty cheap.

Eyebrows on fleek

Eyebrows frame your eyes - they got to look perfect too! Shape them and then fill them in :)

Makeup for YOUR face

Make sure whenever you contour or do eye makeup to check the best look for your face and eye shape. Downturned eyes? Higher eyeliner wing. Round shape? Defined cheekbones and jawline.

Hair

Hair chronogram

If your hair isn't looking super duper healthy, the best solution is to make a hair cronogram. You divide your shampoo routine in 3: one time, you hydrate it, then two days later, you nurture it, and two days later you choose another treatment of your choice (hair growth, hair lightening, purple shampoo for blondes...).

Coconut oil is perfect for nurturing your hair. It's full of aminoacids and even helps to keep frizzy hair down.

Haircut

Best idea when choosing a new haircut:

1) find out what's your face shape

2) find celebrities with similar face shapes

3) find a haircut you really like

No risk of looking like, seriously weird.

Hair color and undertones

Undertones are amazing. They can be applied to literally anything. It consists on seeing what colors best suit you. There are 4 different combinations and here's how to find out which is yours:

1) check your veins on your arms and wrist. Are they predominantly purple/blue? You have cool subtones. Are they predominantly green? You have warm subtones.

2) If you have cool subtones: is your hair light or dark? If it's light, you're "Summer". If it's dark, you're "Winter".

3) If you have warm subtones: is your hair light or dark? If it's light, you're "Spring". If it's dark, you're "Autumn".

So when choosing your hair color, make sure it suits your subtones. Cool subtones? Cool hair color ( ash blonde, black hair, red ginger...) Warm subtones? Warm hair color (golden/caramel blonde, chocolate shades...)

Clothing

Body shape

Dressing accordingly to your body shape can be life changing! Pear shape? Skater dresses look amazing. Hourglass? Everything suits you! Try to find out your body shape (there are websites that calculate it if you tell them your measurements) and then look for celebrities with similar body shapes. They have personal stylists who probably knows what best suits them.

Choosing the right color

Undertones again! Here are the best colors for each season:

Winter: Black, white, navy blue, dark purple, dark green...

Summer: Turquoise, light green

Spring: Coral, salmon, light pink, yellow...

Autumn: Brown, dark red, jewel colors...

Style

Try to buy fashion magazines or check news online, and see what style best suits you. Choose actresses, singers who you relate to and check their style.

Fitness

Dieting

I live in Brazil, so I have to keep up with a bikini body 24/7... which means I'm dieting 24/7! I go for a low carb/high protein diet, with tons of fruits and water. I also started eating gluten-free food - it has quite a bloating effect on me - and use a lot of coconut oil - it does wonders!

Excercising

I get it - sometimes we just have little to no time to excercise. But I have a solution! It's called HIIT training. You do it in 15 minutes everyday at home.

The point is have intense excercising and then resting alternately, what burns fat a lot faster.

Sports that will help your mind

Need to relax and get away a bit? Try running, surfing, or stand up paddle.

Needs to work on strategy? Try fencing!

Hard time trusting on people and working on groups? What about basketball, volleyball, soccer...

Being physically active is not only good for your body but can also change your mind.

I hope this myTake was helpful to you guys :) Any thoughts or questions? Leave a comment below!

Maria xx

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 10

• Hahaha oh OK. Shouldn't have suggested that, now it's going to get to your head lol
    Jk

Great take!
    This is def stuff gag needs more of.

• Great take I will follow most of this after the change.

• hahahaha is this take for real?

• You're not too bad yourself. ;)

• Slay Maria slayyyyy

• i do have maria as my last name lol

• this will come in handy when i try to covertly pick up chicks who like other chicks

• or if i wana be a rock star and have wild groupie sex !

• Yeah I'm gonna pass on the eye shadow and makeup...😏😜😂😂

• It would be nice if something was said about being gorgeous internally.

• How to be tall jacked athletic like tyler

• By working out with Tim Hahaha
      Write a take on it dude!

• @consultantisback "ok so here was I with my nohomo gayass boyfriend bro Tim who was spotting me on incline bench and moaning"

• Oh Das workout motivation brah
      Brb new PR
      Brb new PR tripled from colifting with spotter while wearing my lucky piana belt

What Girls Said 19

• Which Maria?

• I don't wear makeup so really just the working out applies. Great takE!

• Thanks Maria! I wanna be as hot as you 😙

• i'm winter ! nice and informative thanks ♡

• Gorgeous?

He must not have been looking at you from the neck up.

• You look like Jade thirlwall (if you don't know who that is you need to search it up).

• Judging by my profile picture, what kind of face shape do you think I have?
    I think it might be classified as heart shaped? Or Oval? I'm not so sure/not good at these types of things :P

• Hey, I think you're heart shaped!
      You can find some tutorials on youtube where you get your face shape by measuring some parts of your face.
      Also your eyes are beautiful! xx

• Thanks for your help! I was thinking possibly heart shaped, too. I'm much too lazy to measure, so I'll just go off of that :P

And thanks! They are probably my best feature ;)

• hahaha thanks for the take maria ^^
    you re pretty hot by the way :D

• I feel like I'm already conscious about most of this stuff and do it except for the diet and exercising. But I'm still ugly? 😰😰 lol

• good mytake

• Well, you do look gorgeous 😍

• Wow if you do this all the time, you must be in great shape and so pretty. I need to get in better shape, often people confuse thin with in shape... not true.

• No thanks I'd rather be myself.

• Or gorgeous like myself.

• @low carb/high protein diet, with tons of fruits and water.

How can you have low carbohydrate with lots of fruit? I don't mean i see anything wrong with your diet. you need some carbs for your brain activity plus for vitamins and minerals you get from fruits and vegetables... But i was wondering if you meant tho say you have literally tons of fruit, or just that you eat fruit everyday. Bc tons of fruit, could not result in low carb as fruit is mainly fructose and water and a bit of fiber. maybe tis to you is like an apple a banana and an orange?

plus unless you are constantly losing weight-wqhich is impossible bc you'd disappear. you are not always dieting you are just maintaining a healthy diet.

• Great MyTake. Good info overall.

• 100% completely agree 👌💋

• Good take!!

• I tried the smokey eye and it looked like I had two black eyes haha.

• Well my name is Maria so I guess I'm hot without doing any of these things. Thanks.