Why The Internet Is Freaking Out Over This Rainbow Highlighter

Why The Internet Is Freaking Out Over This Rainbow HighlighterThe art of contouring is today's version of female magic tricks. How someone can transform a round, puffy face to a slimming, angular shape with the look of a goddess is simply amazing. One of the key steps for achieving this look is a highlighter.

Though highlighters are generally subdued hues of whites and tans, a new product that launched on Etsy is causing beauty gurus to lose their minds over this whimsical palate of sparkles and pastels. The Bitter Lace Beauty "Prism" palate is a handmade compact of rainbow shades that brings your Lisa Frank days of unicorns and fairies to life. Dream come true?

Whether you choose to mix the colors or use them separately, your face is destined to glow. Plus the color is so concentrated, you can double the highlighter as an eyeshadow. I'm dying to try it out, but it's currently sold out online. Would you try this amazing new palate?

xPennyLanex is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 13

• Reminds me of the hookers in the original Total Recall movie with Arnold lol

• 14|23
  • yay, colors! :-D

• Well funnily enough, if the girl on the first pic was smiling, no one would say she is ugly.

• damn thats pretty cool gotta admit

• Wasichu vanity & consumerism taken way too far in the idle narcissism of the female gemder... in my opinion.

• So the idea was to take clown chic and make it available to the masses? Lol

• It's just make-up.

• I didn't realize the internet could freak out.

Is this similar to how Kardashian "broke the internet" by posting a picture of her butt? As if there weren't millions of much more fucked up shit on the darkweb, and even the normienet already?

Marketing is powerful eh?

• How can women not understand that we feel cheated when they look at the first picture?

• If you can't See the makeup, it's your fault, not ours.

• @FrenchEmma Why do they do it for themselves? What's the point? The point is that they feel good about the image they project ergo they do it to look beautiful in the eyes of other people. So what's the difference? Would a woman put on makeup if she was the only living being on earth? I don't think so.

• Well some girls like to wear makeup only to feel pretty for themselves, some of my friends do their makeup when they're home alone just because they like the process of doing the makeup, and because they like how they look with makeup on no for others but just for themselves.

• you, that chick in the 3rd pic looks like she got straight up ray riced

• Looks a bit glowy to me from what I saw on Google Images - I prefer the more natural look even with make up.

• that looks so stupid. lol

What Girls Said 32

• Buuuut... that looks terrible! O. o

• I don't think they are freaking out but I would like to try this

• That looks fucking ridiculous

• Thats pretty! lol

• This is pretty.

• This is pretty cool. Do you see the rainbow when it is on the face? Honestly I thought I was going to read something having to do with the highlighter marker.

• Wow. That is kinda cool. Maybe if I was younger i would.

• not my kind of colors, for my face or eyes , i dont want a rainbow on my face

• I have one.

• It would only look cool to you if you were a 3- year-old dreaming of riding unicorns on a rainbow that leads to rainbowtopia. I wear makeup, but the girliness in this piece of shit makes me puke rainbows. Get it?

• This is the first time im hearing about this

• pretty😍😍😍😍

• That looks so awesome

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePy4iVnnVrE

grav3yardgirl made a video about it. I'm not very impressed with it though. 20 dollars plus shipping seems to be a lot, for a highlighter with no case, and in half the standard quantity. It seems cool, but it would be weird to walk around like that. It would be better used as an eyeshadow.

• I would like to experiment with this!

• I don't like this. The sparkles are too big, and it's too much color. I'm also a more subtle highlight type of girl, this is like neon alien strobbing.

• I honestly thought you were talking about a highlighter for paper and books until I saw the pictures

• Ummm why?

• have blue on the face? thnx no! u do it

• Oh pls! Makeup doesn't do miracles! I hate when ignorant people say this! Only plastic surgery can change the bone structure! No contouring will turn a pizza dough fat face into an angular face!!! Only people who naturally have contour to their face. That's why people couldn't believe Kylie Jenner claiming her lips are full with lipstick! Lies! Lipstick doesn't create fullness unless ur lips are already full! Jevydurm/lip injections will! Try over lining papercuy thin lips and see what happens

• True. Contouring mostly only looks good on pictures, because pictures are flat and it's harder to tell if it's natural or not (unless it looks like clown makeup). In real life, contouring rarely looks good. Only super subtle contouring can look nice. I prefer just putting some highlighter on my cheekbones to get that fresh look, but I don't mess with the darker tones.

• More from Girls
    12