Why The Internet Is Freaking Out Over This Rainbow Highlighter

Why The Internet Is Freaking Out Over This Rainbow HighlighterThe art of contouring is today's version of female magic tricks. How someone can transform a round, puffy face to a slimming, angular shape with the look of a goddess is simply amazing. One of the key steps for achieving this look is a highlighter.

Though highlighters are generally subdued hues of whites and tans, a new product that launched on Etsy is causing beauty gurus to lose their minds over this whimsical palate of sparkles and pastels. The Bitter Lace Beauty "Prism" palate is a handmade compact of rainbow shades that brings your Lisa Frank days of unicorns and fairies to life. Dream come true?

Whether you choose to mix the colors or use them separately, your face is destined to glow. Plus the color is so concentrated, you can double the highlighter as an eyeshadow. I'm dying to try it out, but it's currently sold out online. Would you try this amazing new palate?

3213
xPennyLanex is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Buuuut... that looks terrible! O. o

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 12

• Looks a bit glowy to me from what I saw on Google Images - I prefer the more natural look even with make up.

• damn thats pretty cool gotta admit

• How can women not understand that we feel cheated when they look at the first picture?

• If you can't See the makeup, it's your fault, not ours.

• @FrenchEmma Why do they do it for themselves? What's the point? The point is that they feel good about the image they project ergo they do it to look beautiful in the eyes of other people. So what's the difference? Would a woman put on makeup if she was the only living being on earth? I don't think so.

• Well some girls like to wear makeup only to feel pretty for themselves, some of my friends do their makeup when they're home alone just because they like the process of doing the makeup, and because they like how they look with makeup on no for others but just for themselves.

• that looks so stupid. lol

• Reminds me of the hookers in the original Total Recall movie with Arnold lol

• you, that chick in the 3rd pic looks like she got straight up ray riced

• yay, colors! :-D

• Well funnily enough, if the girl on the first pic was smiling, no one would say she is ugly.

• Wasichu vanity & consumerism taken way too far in the idle narcissism of the female gemder... in my opinion.

• So the idea was to take clown chic and make it available to the masses? Lol

• It's just make-up.

• I didn't realize the internet could freak out.

Is this similar to how Kardashian "broke the internet" by posting a picture of her butt? As if there weren't millions of much more fucked up shit on the darkweb, and even the normienet already?

Marketing is powerful eh?

What Girls Said 31

• I don't like this. The sparkles are too big, and it's too much color. I'm also a more subtle highlight type of girl, this is like neon alien strobbing.

• I honestly thought you were talking about a highlighter for paper and books until I saw the pictures

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePy4iVnnVrE

grav3yardgirl made a video about it. I'm not very impressed with it though. 20 dollars plus shipping seems to be a lot, for a highlighter with no case, and in half the standard quantity. It seems cool, but it would be weird to walk around like that. It would be better used as an eyeshadow.

• Yeah, really nice for events... like Halloween, or carnival, or other festivals... not for every day makeup.

• Oh pls! Makeup doesn't do miracles! I hate when ignorant people say this! Only plastic surgery can change the bone structure! No contouring will turn a pizza dough fat face into an angular face!!! Only people who naturally have contour to their face. That's why people couldn't believe Kylie Jenner claiming her lips are full with lipstick! Lies! Lipstick doesn't create fullness unless ur lips are already full! Jevydurm/lip injections will! Try over lining papercuy thin lips and see what happens

• True. Contouring mostly only looks good on pictures, because pictures are flat and it's harder to tell if it's natural or not (unless it looks like clown makeup). In real life, contouring rarely looks good. Only super subtle contouring can look nice. I prefer just putting some highlighter on my cheekbones to get that fresh look, but I don't mess with the darker tones.

• this is some legit, legit Drag Queen shit.

• That looks fucking ridiculous

• This is pretty cool. Do you see the rainbow when it is on the face? Honestly I thought I was going to read something having to do with the highlighter marker.

• It would only look cool to you if you were a 3- year-old dreaming of riding unicorns on a rainbow that leads to rainbowtopia. I wear makeup, but the girliness in this piece of shit makes me puke rainbows. Get it?

• I think it's super cute. If I was better with makeup, I would buy it.

• I would like to experiment with this!

• I would not try it, because I do not wear nor like makeup. I just recently managed to convince myself to start putting lotion on my face.
    I don't care about beauty. F*ck your advertisement.

• pretty😍😍😍😍

• Thats pretty! lol

• No, Im not a care bear

• Ummm why?

• So beautiful!!

• I think it's cute, it would look good for festivals and the like.

• i wouldn't, i'd rather not have my face look like a rainbow.

• More from Girls
    11