Why You Can and Should Go Braless

Reasons you should go braless more often:

Science says it's better for you in terms of perkiness

Bras are ridiculously expensive

Bras are uncomfortable

More clothing is being designed where going braless is the entire point

If you have big boobs, going braless is doable but will take more effort, and of course you won't know if you can go braless if you don't try.

My decision to go braless more often is a comfort thing. I recently got sized, professionally (or rather "professionally" to be accurate) and if you have ever seen the first Pirates of Caribbean movie, you know what I am talking about when I say I feel like Elizabeth at the beginning of the movie whenever I wear any of the bras the sales lady said was my size.

Yes this scene right here.

When I am wearing the bras the sizing lady gave me, I can't even take a full breath, a half breath at most. And I can never wear the bras she gave me for more than a few hours. The sizing lady emphasized wearing bras that fit very, very snug. I know bras are supposed to be snug against your rib cage, but if I can't take a full breath that's a problem. Especially since I can take a full breath when I am wearing a corset. A freaking corset. The sizing lady is probably an idiot and there is a chance I was wearing the right size before she "sized" me. I should've never agreed to getting sized because she threw away the bra I was wearing when I went into the store. That was the only bra I could take a full breath in.

The first step to going braless and feeling confident about it, is to accept your boobs for what they are. Society has warped our ideas of boobs and I am glad that shows like Game of Thrones are setting the record straight for what boobs actually look like. And of course the lack of sex education at least in America does not help. Seriously NO ONE has comic book boobs at least not naturally. I am getting back pain just by looking at this picture.

If people stare at you, stare back. Your nipples might show time to time. It shouldn't be a big shock to people that women have nipples or that some women don't like bras. Just say YOLO and go on your merry, braless way. But if you are worried about your nipples showing, pasties made of silicone, paper, or cloth will help. If you are wearing a more sexy garment, clothing tape will help.

Bralettes are great to wear in place of a bra. While you're not technically 100% braless, you're close. A bralette is a step above going braless but a step below a sports bra. It basically works like this: Bra--sports bra--bralette--braless.

Tank tops with a built in shelf are good to wear if you don't have a bralette (but if you feel up to it, you can sew a bralette yourself) since they are cheap and available at almost all clothing stores.

Form fitting clothing will help. The tighter the clothing is, the less likely your boobs will move.

Plus there are dresses and shirts designed like this where it will look weird if you did wear a bra.

If you want to wear a normal shirt but are worried about your nipples showing, then just wear a scarf or a jean jacket over your shirt. If you have big boobs but want to go braless, wearing layers is helpful. This outfit is definitely doable all you have to wear underneath is a bralette or a tank top with built in shelf.

Of course you can't always go braless, like if you are wearing a white T-shirt, where in this case going braless wouldn't be the best idea.

ginny_weasley is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 22

• Do what thou wilt

Breasts are completely non sexual to me anyway so I've never understood the puritanical aversion to them. But then again, I'm the same guy who wants a footjob so maybe I'm not the best person to ask.

• I have yet to meet a woman who didn't at least dislike bras. Most flat-out hated them.

• I've actually only had one bra in my life that I absolutely couldn't stand, and I wore it only for one day and got rid of it. Other than that, I'm not really bothered by them, and I'm a DD. I'm a rare exception though, as most girls can't wait to take them off.

• @aWes0MeNeSs Well, see, that latter part works in men's favor, so we secretly love that you hate your bras. ;)

• Haha, I bet!

• Great take, very informative

• 'Cuz that'll make guys hit on you: it's enough of a good deal

• 1. Do what you want as long as you don't provoke. 2. The girl from the last picture is hot.
    3. Don't say Yolo please.

• You did answer my question about the nipples showing with pasties. I had wondered how you were going to overcome that part or even if you were. Personally if you want to go bra-less more power to you. I think clothing designers should make tops that work in your favor instead of you having to layer up to cover up your nipples or cleavage. It should be easier for you, and less expensive.

• Im all for it the wife though claims that if she didn't wear a bra she'd gey black eyes going down the stairs lol.
    Though haven't women always used historically something to bind theit boobs up like bras were invented for women at the request of women it wasn't a conspiracy by the illuminati to gain control over women's breasts and the power they hold.
    As for perkiness I'd post a national graphic picture of a topless woman but it would be taken down. More power to you if thats what you decide. Going topless is the next step, the wife said it was liberating in Spain but refuses to go topless in America lol.

• Kendall does it a lot, but she's perfect so it doesn't count

• I am braless all the time

• Only a woman could write at length about a piece of underwear that nobody forces them to wear.

• Society forces them to wear bras. Would you be confident going braless if you had boobs? Don't just say yes because you're "confident". If someone can see any part of your breast, they will most likely judge you for it or call you a slut, etc. Please think before you post things like that. :)

• That's it. You're blocked. Read my last comment. It's like my words can't get inside your tiny brain.

• Well, I tried. You clearly lack even the slightest bit of critical thinking or reading comprehension or else you'd understand how completely idiotic you're being. Though I really shoulda known that the moment you claimed to be ever so much smarter than any of us.

• While I support the decision to go braless, I know the reasons why some bigger breasted girls need to have it.
    Good Take.

• I feel like a lot of girls with large boobs may struggle more with this 😕

• Ill have to get rid of my wonder bra collection now. SMH no more roaming the streets.

• Hahaha at least you have a good sense of humor about this take.

• Lol thanks, women should be able to not wear bras i don't know why its a bad thing to see titties, its not some mystical land or special place. Its tits, let em droop

• Both of my exes absolutely hated being told they should not wear a bra... They were both well endowed and simple things always hurt them with out one. Hell one even slept with a bra on. I get it that going bra-less is cool and such, and I am not saying this is you, but I know my exes always told me that girls that do go bra-less almost always feel entitled to push others to do the same, and feel that girls that do wear bras, hurt their movement or make them look bad.

• There's only been one girl who has told me to do it, because apparently it "damages your body", but I shrugged her off. I'm pretty sure if it was that bad for you that many women would've stopped wearing them decades ago. Personally, I've never had discomfort with the right bras, and they actually help my posture since I am rather large chested.

• I wouldn't try to force someone to not wear a bra. But sleeping with a bra on has to proven to be really bad for you. A hundred and something years ago, corsets were the rage and people thought they were good for you we all know how wrong we were about that.

• YOU young lady, are next to my heart <3 AWESOME take :)

But again there is always a flip side to every coin - nature's law (even gods aren't above nature)

• If you have small boobs bra less is great. However, I've known many short, big boob'd women who love wearing a bra because otherwise it's painful for them.

• I can't complain about my size. Some shirts make my boobs look nonexistent while others emphasize them. Working out, doing yoga, and building upper body strength definitely helps. I was thinking of ditching the bra before my experience getting sized but my experience while getting sized, pushed me over the edge. The sizing lady actually said a size lower would've fit better. I already can't breath in the size I wore I can't imagine how bad a size smaller would be.

• Great myTake with a great body positive message!

• *Shows Powergirl* Ahh my day is complete :v
    Very good MyTake.

• this is an informative mytake, thanks.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 39

• For me: no bra > a problem. o. O

• i hate bras... good take

• Hate bras. They can all burn in a pit of fire.

• Why was I already expecting to see power girl before clicking on this mytake? I must be psychic lol

• Great take. I dislike wearing bras sometimes and I go bra less, but if there's a really comfortable one I don't mind wearing it.

• Here in the Midwest, there are only 2 seasons -- winter and summer. During the winter months, which is most of the year, I don't wear a bra. During the summer months, which are June, July, and August, I wear a bra. So, I wear a bra 3 months out of 12, or 1/4 times a year.

• I would but my boobs are way too big for that lol.

Good take though. 😂

• I love going braless. I am much more comfortable. But I have really big nipples and if I don't wear one... they can show through really bad.

• Im already living the dream. 🙌🏼
    67.media.tumblr.com/.../...4yUhH91u6osmfo1_500.gif

• I would go braless, but I have big boobs. The bras I wear are comfortable so I have no problem wearing them.

• i call them "medieval torture devices" and never wear them around my house, even though my bras fit as comfortably as medieval torture devices can. lol.

(i'm only a small b, but still)

• yeah sure because
    stairs+ big boobs - bra = total fun no pain

• I prefer not to wear a bra as much as I can. I'll take it off as soon as I get inside my house, they just annoy me. My mother reckons it's not good for me and that I'll end up with sagging boobs but I don't know. And I have D's, whatever. Life's too short to be uncomfortable all the time!

• I have no problem with it, but I have a B-size. Only when sporting, I always wear one. Anyway, the enemy is called gravity, so go living in space and all problems are solved. :-)

• I don't have a problem with wearing a bra. All of mine are comfortable!

• Am I the only one who finds bras comfortable? I'm an A-cup, so I'm perky regardless.

• I might've been sized wrong but I remember when I thought bras were comfortable. The new bras the sizing lady gave me, I literally can't breath in.

• I haven't even been sized, lol. I have a 34A bra that's already too big for me, the 32A one I have fits way better so I just assumed I'm a 32A.

• If I don't at least wear a padded bralette, I feel wrong. The feeling of my boobs moving around is too weird.

• I love bralettes! they are sooooo cute!!! I am definitely going to try to sew some for me this winter break!

• Thank you! I was recently resized as a 40DD/DDD (by a competent salesperson) and as comfortable as my new bras are, they're costly. I go braless as often as possible, but still feel the need to wear one when I go to school (stairs are the enemy). I'm hoping to transition from my underbust corsets to overbust corsets, and I think that will be a step in the right direction.

• Most of the time I go braless. It is very comfortable and relaxing. Though I take risk of my boobs being de-shape, but care can (and does) protect. Generally I don't like wearing bra all the time, only when very thin clothes are on, and I am in office or any other public place.

• More from Girls
    19