Why You're Never Going To Be "Perfect"

The image of beauty is so distorted due to society.

It's come to a point I hate getting on social media apps such as; Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, even on here because all I see is hate and it's disgusting.

To social media, you're never truly "perfect" You're never meeting every expectation in life. Whether you're too skinny and need to "eat a burger" or stop eating healthy because no one will date a stick, or maybe you aren't overweight but you still have more skin than most "pretty" people have and then you need to skip a meal or workout because no one will love you if you're "fat" either. I hate it. Why do you have to be a certain weight, a certain body type to be loved? This isn't the way it is supposed to be. We should be bringing each other up instead of stomping them down to feel better about ourselves. I even find myself doing it sometimes, and I hate myself afterwards.

And when is loving your body and being confident a bad thing? Nowadays if you know that you're beautiful people call you conceited or arrogant... Since when is feeling good about yourself and loving yourself a bad thing?! It's a good thing.

And why is there so much trash on artificial beauty? So what someone wants to feel better about themselves, for THEMSELVES. Maybe they want to get a nose job because they've always hated the way it's looked, or breast reduction because they've always been too big for their likening, or a boob job because they would feel more confident with more of a rack. And if someone wants to wear makeup, LET THEM!!! No matter their gender. They aren't doing it for you. It's for them. They want to look pretty and if it's with makeup, then it's with makeup. They aren't "trying too hard" or "attention seeking" stop telling young people they need to stop wearing it because they aren't as good as the beauty models and they need to be as them or wear none at all in order to be beautiful and then bash them for "not taking care of their appearance" or asking why they look so sad when they stop caring in what they look like because whatever they do, it isn't right. We live in a very hypocritical generation. Nothing will ever be "enough" for this cruel world.

So my opinion? Don't worry about what new body type is best or what you're supposed to look like. You're you. You're human. You look fantastic the way you are. Please do not ever change for anyone you're bound for wonderful things don't let anyone tell you other.

#Rant #Loveyourself

99percentangel is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 9

• That's true!.. Even you are a 99%angel... Not a 100%

• True, perfection is not catchable but perfection's fat cousin often runs too slow to get away and Excellence I can tolerate.

• You can be perfectly imperfect, which would make everyone perfect... or imperfect... ah, chuck the concept out the window.

• lol buddy i already am perfect

• Nobody is perfect and is never going to be perfect. I remember a Bible verse and it says in the book of Romans, "All have sinned and fall short in the glory of God." That's why none of us are perfect.

• God can suck his own slong for what I care. The only real reason why nobody will ever be perfect is because you can't excel in everything, life is not long enough to learn hot to do everything.

• Who's the name of the girl that has all the writing behind her saying not good enough, pretty enough, etc? I know she's an actress I just forgot her name. She's gorgeous.

• I agree yet i'm not going to stop trying.
    The work I put in is the work I get back.
    If I want to find someone who's right for me I have to become right for them.
    Thats why I hit the gym look at supplements and nutrition worry about going bald and look for solutions and try to figure out what I should wear.

• No I'm in no way saying you shouldn't do that. If you want to that's great!

• I need to a receding hairline is not a good look especially on my head.

• Great take. I don't know why everybody wants to be perfect for others, be perfect to yourselves.

• It's because people by nature require affirmation and society being cruel, ain't giving them that. So they are striving to be perfect in the area of appearance to please society and possibly earn some validation.

And very nice MyTake, I like it. (:

What Girls Said 11

• great take... also.. no matter how much a person will try that person will never be good looking enough because beauty lies in the eye of the beholder

• The idea of perfection is bullshit because everyone has different preferences

• What's wrong with becoming better than u are?
    I don't understand..
    Yes I get it that it can become an obsession but then anything can if u think about it too much...

• I never said it was wrong to become a better you. It's great. I just meant that there's always going to be people who critize you and don't find you attractive because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In no way did I say it's wrong to try to become a better you...

• Sorry. I dont know why I got all defensive and stuff.. :D
      You're right yeah.

• My goal of perfection is reachable and I don't care if no one else agrees with it because I agree with it.

• Can't we just appreciate people's beauty without feeling insecure?
    As mature adults we should aim to appreciate anothers assets without feeling inadequate or jealous or any negative emotion.
    Its stopping your beauty from shining naturally.
    I feel that a lot of women are trying to be body positive but are actually screaming for recognition. Which is the opposite of beauty.

Beauty ideals are simply trends. You can trace back in history and probably find a desirable figure that closely resembles your features.

Kim Kardashian became the perfect body after Kate Moss... both only succeeded because they didn't care about trends and walked with confidence. I am sure both had people try and put them down for either being too skinny or too curvy.
    Yet both are considered sex symbols of their time.

The reality is not everyone is beautiful in their current mindset.
    Perfection is more a state of mind than it is physical and people can sense it.

• And anyways, according to the golden ratio, perfect is average. Because in nature, average is healthy. Perfect has no personality. Maybe it's cause I'm an artist, but I don't think beauty and perfection are the same thing. It's like a Venn diagram. Some overlaps, some doesn't.

• Very true :-)

• 1|0
  • No wonder no one likes me, I don't fit into the standards of society. I look better! Instead of looking like a Kim k clone 🤓

• I'm already perfect 👌

• A nice mytake! My only addendum would be about the things people do to modify their appearance. I don't think they actually do it because "they just want to/like it", but because of social pressure, mostly... notice how many makeup-holic girls say that 'makeup is art!'? It can be, but if you're just painting the same patterns with the same range of colors in the same parts of your face as 99% of other girls, it's kinda hard to call it "art". It's called "trying to fit in"... with society's beauty standards. Why are plastic surgeries and makeup techniques always aiming at pretty much the same results? Small nose, big eyes, full lips, high cheekbones, slim face, eyebrows that look like they've been painted on (honestly, it's HAIR. of course it's messy.), boobs that are a C/D cup (most breast reduction surgeries are health-related, not aesthetic-related), tiny waist, wide hips, long legs, NO cellulite and NO body hair whatsoever.

Question your preferences before saying "I just like it because I like it! I do it for me, not for others to judge!", because if your preferences just so happen to align themselves with society's standards, then guess what... you've been conditioned.

• Thanks, and I actually don't wear a lot of makeup, nor have I had plastic surgery done, but I hate all the hate people get from it. Honestly there's people out there who just do those stuff for themselves. Take my best friend for example she has had a breast reduction done. And it was for HERSELF because she never liked having big breasts even though people would tell her not to get it done because "big boobs are better then small ones" she got it done anyway and it was for herself. So yeah you can get those sort of things done for yourself without wanting to align them with society's standards or just because you want attention. but yes a lot of girls/guys actually do it because of like you said social pressure. And even so if they want to get it done for that then that's fine it's THEIR body. Lol.

• Yeah, like I said, breast reduction surgeries are usually because big breasts can cause health problems (probably why your friend did it, after all, it did bother her). And of course it's still their choice, whether they conform to society or not ^-^