Oh Boy: My Favorite Male Features and Why They Catch My Eye

Now I'm sure this will somehow turn into me having high standards, when I just have preferences, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. There are just some parts of a guy that make me swoon. These are mostly physical features, while I'm more of a personality type of person, without a doubt. These aren't must haves, just bonus points. I'm constantly finding something else on a guy that wows me.

AGAIN:THESE AREN'T REQUIREMENTS, JUST THINGS I FIND ATTRACTIVE. SO SORRY IF IT'S CLICHE, BUT FUN FACT: HOT GUYS ARE HOT. Can't blame me there.

These are not in any specific order.

Curly hair

Something about a guy without a lot off texture in his hair. It's gorgeous. I have curly hair myself so that could be why. Loose curls, tight curls. It's all cute. Just a fluffy, mountain of curlies.

Long Hair

I've had a thing for guys with long hair for a while, so yes, I was totally for the man bun, now they make me roll my eyes but they encourage long hair so I can't hate them completely. Originally, I wasn't a fan of long hair but as I got older it won me over. One women it's very feminine, on men it's very masculine, like Tarzan. Is it for every guy? No. But the guys who do pull it off, thank you for existing. Now, if your hair and curly and long. Well, I'm done for.

Full lips

Guys with a pout. Yes! Again, I think this is because I have fuller lips myself. Maybe that's where this is coming from? I just think it's so attractive. I'm a painter, primarily portraits so I study faces often. I think I look at everyone as if I was going to sketch out their face and then paint them. So bigger lips, just do something to me when I see them. You don't see it a lot either, so when a guy's got them, gosh. I'm not saying lip Kylie Jenner Challenge lips. Just ones that are a little plump.

Nice teeth

Ehh *crunch, crunch* what's up, doc? Nice teeth for me doesn't equal straight. Clean equals nice. Sometimes wonky teeth are even more attractive. But I kind of like guys with big teeth, I'm not saying he looks like Mr. Ed's cousin. I don't know, I guess guys whose teeth that are the equivalent of a belt buckle. They're big and flashy. Not sure why.

Big Eyebrows

I love thick eyebrows, on anybody. I don't mind if they're a little overgrown. I think it's rather cute. As long as you let me in there from time to time with an eyebrow razor so you don't start to look like King Bob from Recess. I always had big eyebrows growing up (so thankful now) so again, biased maybe? It also just looks kind of masculine.

Long Eyelashes

Okay, something I don't have! Long eyelashes are seen as kind of girly but I always notice guys tend to have more of them anyway. I love seeing a guy whose eyes are just embroidered with tiny, spider-leggy hairs. I might just like facial hair of all sorts. Often when I see a girl with thick and/or long lashes, I'm super jealous. I've always wanted them (I've started a treatment for them overnight and it's been pretty effective), so they're harder to admire, but on a guy, I see them and think "Do I want his lashes, or him?"

Armpits/Shoulders

This one is a little weird but I've heard it from other people too. I don't know if it's just seeing their muscular arms when they raise them or what. Is it the hair? Maybe? I do enjoy body hair. I think it's the arms. Why are armpits sexy?! I can't figure it out but they do make you want to put your face real close to them...this one has got me confused.

Brown Eyes

There is just something warm and comfy about brown eyes. Okay, I'm guilty again, I have brown eyes too. Light eyes are gorgeous too but they just lack the coziness. I see brown eyes on guys and literally envision sitting in little nook covered in blankets. They're like hot coffee. I don't know, man, I don't know. Brown-eyed boys, thanks for warming my cold heart.

Rosy Cheeks

There is just something so attractive about a guy with good circulation. It's more of cute than anything, like you want to pinch his cheeks. It's babyish. I don't see this one on many guys. P.S. This guy looks like my past crush quite a bit, if my crush had been more modelish. So I had to pick him, you understand.)

Jawlines/Cheekbones

You've heard it a million times so what's one more. I know it's upsetting if you don't have one when people go on and on, and you've chewed all the gum you can, cause if a guy has a sharp jawline, it doesn't matter what the rest of his face looks like, he's hot now. I'm kidding, kinda. High cheekbones have a special place in my heart too. I have high cheekbones but more like the apple kind. I look like a cartoon character, less like a model. Like if you hug a male friend with high cheekbones and they bump the side of your face and they're just hard as rock...that's weird but I like it. Jawlines/Cheekbones aren't everything, they definitely aren't necessary to be deemed as hot, but I'm not gonna lie about it, they look good.

This list could go on, this is limited to just physical features, mostly above the neck. Yes, I realize a lot of the guys I used are considered handsome by many regardless of what I stated about them. This is the internet, models are prevalent. Friendly reminder: Hot guys are hot. Models are also what I use as reference photos when sketching as well, so I'm familiar with quite few so it made picking my photos easier. This guys I like don't really look like this at all.

Disclaimer:

I am also not speaking for ANYBODY but myself. So don't do that thing where you're like "Typical woman who want men who...blah blah blah" or "Women are so shallow but..." or that "Nice guys..." okay, none of that. I realized I can't win here because regardless of what you say on GAG, someone will crawl out from under the stairs they live under and lift their Dorito dust covered finger and start picking shit apart cause somebody hurt their feelings in high school and now that's my fault.

They're models, I'm not scouting out guys who look like this...especially where I live. I'm just talking about those boys I see and think "Are you real?" It's also just traits that I see on guys ALL THE TIME, and I greatly appreciate. So yeah there are plenty more and maybe I'll make a another take to extend it. I also plan to make a list on personality traits that I favor, cause that's what really matter, am I right? Maybe one on clothing. Guys got more to offer than their mugs. I'm not that shallow...

Thank you for reading!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 33

• 1. White check

2. Sharp male facial features check

3. Angled, square jaw checked

• Actually, I like guys who are usually more likely to be mixed with something rather than just white. However, it took a long time to find pictures for the things I referenced that weren't on white males. I used people from the modeling industry, which is heavy with white males, or at least with the features I was looking for, for this take. I noticed as well before posting but to go find photos of other people was more work than I was willing to do.

• A guy should share the other side of this.

I mean, provided he can list things beyond the painfully obvious. ;)

• That would be interesting, I hope it wouldn't be too cliche or speak for many men at once. I also plan on doing the personality traits, like I said.

• I am working on something similar (What I am looking for in a potential girlfriend (ETA a day or two I guess?)) but it's not about the physical appearance but physical appearance is part of it too.

• Lol I've got a few of those.

yeah you're not alone on the armpit thing. there is a girl i dated whose name and face i can't remember... as a matter of fact i don't remember a damn thing about her except the fact that i thought it was weird she was turned on by my armpit hair. and a lot of girls do comment on my lips which again, its weird because they always reference angelina jolie who is specifically not a man. even though they're not always lesbians.

• I have all those features except for long or curly hair. And I shave my armpits. I find armpit hair to be gross. But finally someone who prefers brown eyes over blue eyes. Almost every girl I've met preffered blue eyes.

• What about a guys legs?

• White features only kk

• First off, I'm black, so let's not assume this is a race thing, I'll date guys of any race. Second, I used models for my examples, it's very hard to find men you find attractive with the combination of what you are looking for, or aren't intended for medical references. White models are very popular in the modeling industry. Also, a lot of the guys I used were also Hispanic. Third, white guys, not white features, pretty sure anyone can have curly hair (very common in ethnic people), sharp jawlines, brown eyes, armpits, etc. The only one that pretty much almost white people experience in rosy cheeks. Don't assume, thank you! :) But congrats on how aware you are overwhelming preference the media has towards whites.

• Good for you

• I scored 0/10.

Why is it I always get wrecked by these lists? Where are the girls that want a short man, with a big nose, asymmetrical recessed jaws, a weak chin, a receding hairline, narrow shoulders and girly wrists?

Oh yeah, they don't exist.

• Pretty boy= men that look like women which are the types who usually get bummed in prison by other men for that particular reason. To be honest if you want a smooth girly looking man you might as well just turn lesbian and date your own gender.

How can you define them as a proper men?

• Not from the neck down. This only facial features. However, it's rarely a combination of all these things at once. So if you put all of these things together, kind of girly looking but on their own, not as much. Plus, when you throw the body in and personality traits, it's less feminine, but yeah overall, I like soft faces, assuming their is no facial hair, which I really like. My idea of proper men are the ones who don't make comments like yours. Not all the men I like look like this, this is only half of the features that I like. I also like more rugged features, but see I didn't list those. What's it to you anyway? (Rhetorical question, please for the love of God, don't answer that.)

• Strange. I have pretty much all of those features you listed, besides the 'rosy cheeks' (on account of not being properly 'white')- but when I tried posting my photo on here, and asking the girls here on GaG how I looked several months ago, they all derided me as being outright ugly, and all the girls on here made out that all of the facial features which you're citing as positives, and which all of the girls are agreeing with you on, were deal-breaking negatives instead. Long, curly, well-kept hair- "Eeurgh, your hair looks nasty, those plaits look like curled up dead rats' tails, shave it all off, you're soo ugly!" Thick eyebrows- "Oh, you might as well have a unibrow, you look like a fucking retard, shave it all off, you're soo ugly!" Full lips, and decently sized, evenly spaced clean teeth- "Oh, you look like a negro/ donkey, that mouth's soo ugly!" Hazel-brown eyes with thick eyelashes? "Oh, you think those eyes look good? They're nothing special, they just make you look gay as fuck..."

Here's my photo, BTW- you can't see the long hair because it's bundled together into a ponytail. Or my sharp jawline, because my curly beard makes it look softer:

a248.e.akamai.net/.../highres_258540254.jpeg

And yet, I only get rated as a 2/10 on average; the only people who've ever told me that I'm attractive are my parents and siblings, while I've literally lost count of the number of people, especially girls, who've told me that everything about my appearance, and my face especially, is ugly. Why do you think that might be?

• I have about half of these traits... so I guess that makes me a 5/10.

I'm an F. =(

• Rosy Cheeks? Like why?

• I guess it's just kinda cute. It's not one of this things you see a lot, but it's very eyecatching

• Kind of weird though. Anyways. Everyone's different :)

• OH MY GAWD!! IM UGLY!!! thanks OP :( I'm loggin this one in. https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/62173316.jpg

• Long eyelashes... long hair... rosy cheeks... and a bunch of pictures of pretty boys... you might as well have posted pics of your favorite chicks.

I wonder if you don't just like girly girls instead... after all, it's not too far off really. You sure you really like guys?

• Positive. Well, actually I'm a 2 on the kinsey scale. But yes, I like feminine features on guys, well facial features. However, I don't necessarily look for a combination of these features, you usually only see 1 or 2 at a time. So on their own, not so feminine. From the neck down, not really looking for a girly looking guy.

• I've got some of those lol

• So basically you like girls.

• That's what I was thinking.

• @Truthatanycost Yep, but not from the neck down. This only facial features. However, it's rarely a combination of all these things at once. So if you put all of these things together, kind of girly looking but on their own, not as much. Plus, when you throw the body in and personality traits, it's less feminine, but yeah overall, I like soft faces, assuming their is no facial hair, which I really like.

• You like girly feAtures on guys.. Wth

• Let me just say that I felt addressed when you said
    "someone will crawl out from under the stairs they live under and lift their Dorito dust covered finger and start picking shit apart cause somebody hurt their feelings in high school"
    You totally described me x)
    But I am not grumpy, so just that you know :P X)

But to make my opinion not pointless and irrelevant to your take: We all have our preferences and we have the right for it, don't we? But some do get butthurt so easily over here.

Well, back to my basement with my doritos and mtn dew then ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    http://i.imgur.com/d8L4Uw9.jpg

• Yeah, there is always that handful that just start bashing shit, like saying big lips looks makes people look like they have low IQs? Okay, what does that even mean?

• That means nonsense. It's just not their type (: Or they may be jelly. Doesn't matter. Point is, they have such issues :)

• sounds pretty normal to me.

• I dont know whats the obsession with full lips. Its a pathetic trait to have if it doesn't go well with everything else tbh. Medium thick and slightly wider than nose and well shaped lips are ideal like brad pitt, zayn malik, nick bateman, marcello alvarez etc. Naturally Pouting thick lips looks very low IQ on both men and women.

• Last guy has kinda low cheekbones and his jaw isn't too impressive he just has low body fat and very less face fat

• the full lips guy has high cheekbones and the high cheekbones guy has full lips more prominent by the way, u should exchange them lol

• Well, I guess I'm not most people. I can't edit my take. I find his jaw to be quite sharp and his cheekbones to be quite high. I find that the guy I chose for the full lips has my favorite type of full lips so I'm content with the way it looks.

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 27

• Oh, I love me a good jawline, a structured bigger nose, big eyebrows and eyelashes and nicely formed shoulders and back. =)

• I like a big strong nose too. I didn't add it (I was getting tired) but it will make part two. So many people hate them and I don't know why.

• I know why... they're bitter 'boys'... No matter... you do you. =)

• jaws, cheekbones, full lips and nice teeth !

I swear so many guys have such nice, long eyelashes! But agree with some of these

Hazel eyes are frickin sexy. Though personally I'm not a fan of full lips on men, I like thin lips.

• I hate my wide defined jawline, but I love it on guys!!!

• Big eyebrows and long noses mmmmmmm

• Some of those pics... damn

• I definitely agree about the sexy lips and nice teeth.

• My boyfriend has some of these features (curly hair, full lips, big eyebrows, long lashes and jawline/cheekbones) and I love them. 😍
    He once had long hair and showed me some pics from that era (what he could find because he hates pics of him with a passion 😂) and wahh, I'm waiting for the time when he will let his hair grow again. 😍😅
    I don't care if these virgins (*cough* comments section *cough*) think I'm dating a girl, afterall they are just peanut butter and jelly. 😄😛

• Correction, curly when in the middle and starts to be wavy when it gets longer* 😄

• Great job! I like guys with short hair, dark blonde/light brown hair, and blue eyes. I realllly like when they have a cute kinda shy smile. (My friend smiles so that only the top row of his teeth are showing and he's adorable.) He's slender but not necessarily fit but that's okay. He has a big heart and that's all that matters:) But yeah, short dark blonde/light brown hair and blue eyes is my type for looks.

• Thank god someone wrote this for me!

• minus the rosy cheeks (which tends to give a very juvenile look to a person) and the jawlines (which are just very unattractive) I like your list!

• These guys are all very pretty but not for me 🙈 To each their own! I like a nice pair of eyes, a cute smile, a big pair of hands and a nice back and shoulders. Other than that I'm really not fussy!

• Guys with brown eyes and broad shoulders dominate ! :)

• Long and/or curly hair with cute smiley <3 but a lot of guys can be really handsome with very different features. Personally, I think guys from #1 and #4 are the best

• EVERYTHING! Absolutely everything on this list I agree with.

• My faves are the jawline/cheekbones. They are oh so attractive

• Long hair can be hot but so can short in my opinion I LOVE the cheekbones have mercy the picture of the dude for that one 😍 lol pouty lips too yep I agree on those. The 1st thing i notice about a guy is his eyes. I dont have a favorite color just beautiful eyes. I love different. I always wondered if Id ever meet a guy with 1 green and 1 blue eye 😊😍 different men have different things about them that make them sexy. Id say i probably have things i notice 1st. But yeah that jawline.. 😊

• I agree. I tried my best to make it clear to folks that I'm not necessarily looking for a guy who looks like these. Every guy I've liked is super different than the last.

• Yaaasss

• I agree so much!! Nice take 😊👌🏼

• More from Girls
    7