Characteristics of a Masculine Face, and Why Any Man Can Appear Masculine

ADFSDF1996

I asked a question here to see what makes a man's face masculine but unfortunately, nobody seemed to answer it due to lack of knowledge. Everyone said a strong jawline, rich eyebrows and facial hair. That almost makes it seem as if that's all there is to a masculine face. If that's the case then it's just as I thought, men aren't pleasing to the eye. People always say "but a strong jawline makes a man sexy. No, it doesn't; what about the rest of his face? I'm talking about a facial shape, not some temporary features like facial hair or bushy eyebrows. Here are some masculine facial features, not including jawlines:

Shape Of A Man's Face

This is what usually determined how masculine a man looks. I'm referring to the overall face of a man, not just the jawline. Most people ignore this feature but if you look closely at a man's face, you will see that he has a certain shape. Of course, every person has a different face shape, so your face is not going to look exactly like the ones in these pictures but overall, it's close enough to your face.

Bigger chins:

In general, men have bigger chins than women regardless of height. Some men have bigger chins than others but every man has a bigger chin unless he has feminine features. Antonio Inoki has a very large chin.

Less prominent cheekbones:

Masculine men have less prominent cheekbones (flatter). As to whether or not they look attractive, that's matter of preference.

Wider noses:

Most men have wider noses than women. Of course sizes and shapes vary, some have them exceedingly wide other just a little bit wide.

Heavier brow ridges:

Men's brow ridges tend to be more visible than a woman's.

Thinner and wider lips:

Most men don't have thick lips. Women tend to have thicker lips which is why lipstick was made for them, to make them more glossy.

Wider eye sockets:

Men in general have wider eye sockets, hence why it's a masculine feature. If you compare a man's and a woman's picture, you'll notice this feature in most men.

Smaller eyes:

Yes, you read that right, men have smaller eyes than women. Again compare a picture of a man and a woman side by side and you'll see the difference

Dense bones:

The male skeleton naturally has more mass than female bones do, so obviously it will have something to do with how a man's face looks and feels as well. Men's faces may feel and look more rugged and chiseled.

Basically any man can be masculine, what matters is the overall shape of the face. It's hard to explain but a man's face will look masculine no matter what. You can tell if a man is a man just by looking at his facial structure. Even the feminine looking guys still have masculine-looking faces because they are men.

10
11

Most Helpful Guy

• uriborder
    damn, when will they learn -_-
    a. oval shaped face is shit, its called being pear faced lmfao
    b. george clooney doesn't even have cheekbones, neither hollow cheeks not zygos wtf
    c. a large chin isn;t good neither is small. its supposed to 2-2.5 times ratio of
    middle of lips to tip of chin/ bottom of nose to middle of lips.
    d. wider noses yes
    e. Thin lips has nothing to do with testosterone, u'll find as many women with thin and thick lips as men. Don't go by some shitty feature hollywood lauds. It says having a big forehead is good too but hell NO.
    f. both men and women look better with wider eyes
    g. men have BIGGER eye sockets. Beady eyes are shit. eyes should be well covered by browridge and under eye support not small eyes overall.
    Is this still revelant?
    • ADFSDF1996

Of course thin lips isn't determined by testosterone. It's just a gender thing but some women have them as well.

• uriborder

its NOT

• ADFSDF1996

So your saying that both genders can have them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Jemini_Crocket
    Square, triangle or rectangle are usually the "best ones" in my opinion at least. They usually have that chiseled strong jaw and that is for me the most attractive.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

910
  • who is the guy in the first pic at the aquare face? Just curious
    • I’m not sure.

• then why did you bother to type a comment? -_-

• I don’t know my reptilian friend.

• dantetheexplorer
    Men have longer, thicker NATURAL eyelashes.

I have nothing to support this other than my personal observations. I could be wrong, but in almost every race, I find this to be true. My Dad's eyelashes are thicker and longer than my Mother's - that was one of the the first things I noticed as a child.

• then why do men who apply mascara look more feminine? i think you mean brows. Most guys I know have very small an unnoticeable eyelashes. I am actuallt the on with long curled lashes naturally.

• I thought the same, many guys around me have enviable eyelashes

• 9teen
    Yes, of course, every guy has masculine features, even the feminine ones. That's how we could see whether someone is male or female, even after someone changes his 'gender' we still can see it is a biological male, but there are also guys who have more and stronger masculine features than others. That's because of higher testosterone levels. Testosterone plays a big role in the development of the bones during a guy's puberty. Guys who have higher testosterone levels have a strong jawline and other strong masculine features you have mentioned, all together.
    Also about cheekbones, that's not true. It's prominent. Male cheekbones tend to be larger than females. High testosterone guys (the most masculine) have prominent cheekbones.

I have to add that a short forehead and a broad face is also masculine.

Characteristics of a Masculine Face, and Why Any Man Can Appear MasculineCharacteristics of a Masculine Face, and Why Any Man Can Appear MasculineCharacteristics of a Masculine Face, and Why Any Man Can Appear MasculineCharacteristics of a Masculine Face, and Why Any Man Can Appear MasculineCharacteristics of a Masculine Face, and Why Any Man Can Appear Masculine
    • Id have thought high testosterone would give you a larger forehead?

• 9teen

Nope, estrogen does that, that's why many females, especially with high estrogen have larger foreheads (not like a 5 head). That's seen as a very desirable trait to have.

Men's forehead are broader and shorter because of testosterone.

• Robertcw

Actually I have read research that says the contrary. Larger foreheads have been linked to higher testosterone due to balding and receding hair lines. Testosterone actually destroys hair follicles over time.

www.hookingupsmart.com/.../

• NEW_YUKI
    😂😂😂😂😂😂Characteristics of a Masculine Face, and Why Any Man Can Appear Masculine
  • NineBreaker
    I thoroughly enjoyed this take. As a dentist, a big part of my job is to analyze people's faces, not to mention this information's application in forensic anthropology and odontology.

Well done, sir.
  • JustaLoozer
    Don't men generally have a more prominent nise ridge as well? The piece dierecrly between the eyes protrudes more in some ethnicities
  • Vegeta01
    Wow I match with all those masculine traits. Feels good man. And yeah I definitely have a diamond shaped face.
  • As far as I can tell, I have an oblong shape, thought I had oval for the longest time but my face length is rather prominent.
  • rubymig
    this is a terrible and a personal take you obviously are saying masculine men are like that because you are
    thin lips is not a men thing, many women have thin lips and many men full lips, depends on the race and many other factors
    cheekbones, its completely the opposite its one of the traits men usually have together with the brows which is the only things that makes sense
    other thing strong chin, has to do with genetics and growth development not every person has a big chin, many prople look bad with big ones as with small ones, harmony is the key
    to not mention wide nose xd
    • Wrong, I don’t have all the things I’ve mentioned on this take. Besides there are many other masculine features I left out.

• Library
    Looking at the first chart, I have a diamond face
  • Cool
  • Sabrina_gomez
    eye socket guy doe 😂wow he's hot
    • Robertcw

That guy literally has the most feminine face on the list, snd appears to be wearing eye liner.

• @Robertcw he's the youngest and the best looking

• Samantha4
    Dude, how can you miss out beards -;-
    • Beards aren’t permanent features.

• Samantha4

who said it has to be a permanent feature?

• Permanent features are more important.

• I like Scandinavian style
  • Cask23
    So what the hell was the question?
    • This is not a question. Are you new to this website?

• looooooooooooooooooooooool

• Tlane00
    I have a oval shape
  • Anonymous
    Is it masculine to walk around with a zucchini in the pocket?
  • Anonymous
    Um you forgot shoulders and height. Masculine man is at least 6'2 with broad shoulders and muscular body
    • Tall stature isn’t really unique to males and masculinity. I’ve met plenty of women who are over 6’0”. I’ve also met plenty of tall guys who are rather feminine.

• Anonymous

The women you met are just unusually tall. That makes them less feminine.
      Same way short guys are less masculine. I'm not saying completely unattractive , just less masculine.
      Guessing you're short that's why you're saying that? Lol.
      Feminine tall guys? something must be wrong with them. All the tall guys I met were hot and masculine as fuck.

• These tall women still looked and acted feminine though. While the tall guys also looked and acted more feminine.

In my opinion height itself has way too much emphasis. Heightism: the Type of Discrimination That You Didn’t Know Existed ↗

• Anonymous
    Masculine and feminine are gender roles, not the you look.
    Gender roles are a social construct of course.
    Face can look pretty, average or ugly, regardless of the biological gender.
    • Anonymous

*not the way you look*

• Pretty implies feminine features. Handsome implies masculine features.

• Anonymous

Pretty and handsome are synonyms, in my country we can use either of these two adjectives for both genders.
      In most languages all over the world, those terms have the same meaning: Attractive, good-looking, nice, beautiful, fine, lovely etc... and are equally used for males and females.