8 Fashions and Styles That Should Be More Popular

There are many forms of fashion that should be more popular; some of these might have been popular for a while but now they are not seen too much. If you've read my previous take about fashion, you know that I dislike baggy clothes, sagging, skirts and dresses. Keep in mind that I'm not judging people for their fashion preferences, I'm just sharing my fashion preferences.

1.) More skinny pants

I know that they are currently worn a lot but they aren't as common as they were from 2006-2009. While most women wear them, guys who wear them are shamed because they look "feminine". First of all, they are not feminine, people who think they look feminine need to read about history. They were originally a masculine piece of attire. It was men who wore them first. They use to not be called skinny pants, they used to be called breeches.These breeches looked like tights. After that they became tight fitted pantaloons.

In the 1950s they became a unisex fashion because Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe wore them although they weren't too tight. From the 1960s-2000s they became popular amongst the rock bands. Now 2016 they are still worn by both genders although for men there are some that are loose on the waist and tight on the legs. I personally like tight fitting pants, they should be even more popular. I think they look good on both genders.

2.) Polo Necks/Turtlenecks

They were popular in the 1990s-early 2000s but unfortunately they are no longer popular. Some of the older people still wear them but the younger people don't. People make fun of guys who wear them because they are considered "feminine". Once again, I tell you that they aren't feminine. They've been around for a long time, they used to be worn by sailors, naval officers, athletes, intellectual people and wealthy men. Polo necks used to be considered a masculine piece of attire. Nowadays although no longer in style, they are a unisex piece of attire. In my opinion they should be popular once again, they look good on both genders especially if worn with skinny jeans.

3.) Fitted buttoned shirts paired with slim, tight or flared fit pants

In my opinion, this type of style looks so good on both genders. For women I hope that it completely replaced dresses and skirts one day. Hopefully it will also replace wedding dresses for women as well.

4.) Undercut hairstyle (for men)

This is the hairstyle I currently have; it was popular from 2014-2015. It still is trending but I think the "Samurai hairstyle/man bun" is getting slightly more popularity. Some guys combine the undercut and the man bun. However I think the undercut looks good on men, it should continue to be popular.

5.) Tight-fitting Suits

They are getting some popularity but I hope they completely replace the baggy suits one day. In my opinion they look way better than the baggy ones. Women can look good in them if they substitute the buttoned shirt for a turtleneck or without the tie.

6). Feminine Hair (for women)

It's kind of sad that I need to add this to the list but it seems that masculine hairstyles are being more popular amongst a lot of women. I hope that the more feminine hairstyles stay popular amongst women.

7.) Fedoras and Trilbys

Sadly, they seem to have lost popularity. I'm one of the few guys that wears these hats. I think they look good on guys. It seems that they are only worn on special occasions. I wear them a lot.

8.) Coats

They are slowly losing popularity, I think look very aesthetically appealing on both genders. I only see women wearing them but I think men should wear them as well.

These are styles that I would like to see more often. I find them pleasing to the eye and comfortable. I wear all of this attire except the feminine hair and I combine them (turtleneck with skinny jeans and trench coat, etc).

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 10

@chico_brah number 7 is all you mah man

Lmaoo. Got any reccomendation for fedoras? Need some style tips

@Chico_brah It can work if you're doing the full-on Roaring '20's look... worsted wool suit, pocket watch, the whole bit. There are Prohibition-era speakeasys all over LA that try (with varying degrees of success) to preserve their original ambience.

I mean, you should totally get on that. Esp with women who are doing the whole flapper-girl thing all the way. Because I know how much you loooooovveee short hair on women <3 <3 :*

I like everything but the feminine hair. I like having short hair, it's comfortable and really easy to maintain

#teamshorthair what what.

... although actually my experience is that longer hair is much lower-maintenance. (best-case scenario: brush 'n go. worst-case scenario: put it in a ponytail 'n go.)

Hahah... tru tru.

I *have* done the "baseball cap on, shadow covering my eyes" look a couple times this past month ahha. Especially effective with blindingly shiny metallic lipstick in a completely unnatural color (like cobalt-blue-to-black ombré). <3

No, srsly, I still actually pull off these looks remarkably well... but, I am *not* going to age past menopause gracefully. lol.

@redeyemindtricks haha i bet it looks great

• 2d

cool

ok, I'm leaving 😂lol

I love a good wool coat. They're warm, comfortable, and transcendent.
    I agree with the suits - but I think they should stay fitted. Not tight. Guys in tailored suits 👌👍✔ I like it when some things are left to the imagination, you know.

I don't like turtle necks and tight pants on men.

Why, is it because of how they look?

Oh it's just my preference) I like men in classy cut jeans and suits, t shirts and hoodies, sweatshirts, but not turtlenecks and skinny jeans , it's only my opinion

I like Turtlenecks and tight fitting pants because they are comfortable and have aesthetics.

6,7?

Masculine hairstyles are starting to be popular amongst women. In my opinion feminine hairstyles look better on women. Fedoras and trilbys look good on men because it's a masculine piece of clothing.

I actually agree with 6.

@Touchmehxx I'm not going to give names, I don't embarrass people. I'm not cruel.

To be honest, the only one I don't like is the turtleneck because I found them very uncomfortable when I was young and was forced to wear them.

Fedoras make me cringe, make me think of people who gave me uneasy vibes in high school. I actually love turtlenecks, I think they make the bust look larger and the neck daintier. I love flare pants, if everyone hates them I don't care. Hate to brag but I will anyway, I'm one of those people who can get away with clothing items that most people can't. Flares being one of them. I'm a little sick of the undercut, I think more 40s/50s male hairstyles should reappear. As far as women's hair, I think hair is just hair. If girls want to cut it off, good for her. Shave it if you want. Women put too much importance in their hair, especially out of fear of not being feminine enough.

The only one I'm kind of on the fence with is turtlenecks :/ Nice list though!
    I always liked fedoras, they seemed to lose popularity after becoming part of a stereotype for white knights or whatever. What even started that though?

What Guys Said 16

I sort of like turtlenecks.

As for suits, they just have to FIT. They're supposed to FIT. Not baggy, not tight. Figure this out, people.

• 2d

Pls no undercuts anymore its getting out of hand😂

I think most of these are already done. I think the really skinny pants are with this new generation that's coming up. I prefer slim fit suits, not the skinny ones. Some of my female friends think that skinny pants are a turn off when guys hit their thirties

I love turtlenecks - both wearing it myself and seeing girls wearing it.

You suck at fashion neckbeard

#2 definitely, any Archer fan would approve of the black turtleneck for ALL black ops.

1 and 6 hell no
    The rest is good

These things are like having a jacket for your ass (like my username). Completely pointless.

When it comes to a suit, I think it should be like old school, loose slack pants and 2 bottom wool suit With a wide wool fedora as well:) and have a big cigar on your mouth as well, and girls should wear heels

I HAVE NO BUTT :(
    I WOULD LOOK BAD IN SKINNY JEANS LOL

Baggy suits are a waate of fabric, why even bother dressing formal if you're gonna look shit anyways...
    Tight isn't the way to go either, because it gets all weird when you move your arms, just a good fit is perfect.

Mostly good stuff here, except skinny jeans (for men) and undercuts

The market is already full with these, am going crazy with this slim fit suits, same thing on skinny jeans. Tight clothing for men doesn't work for me, i always look for classic or regular (which is like a unicorn these days can't find them). Jeans always boot cut, or straight. The only tight clothing i wear is my drifit outfit.

Since I have a penis, I'll pass on the skinny pants... The rest look gay, too, except for the coats (which only work when it's cold or rainy) and women's hair (which I don't get)

I'm all for coats and hats, but I hate anything skinny or form fitted.

Good calls on your picks - I like them all