8 of the Most Stylish World Leaders in History

It shouldn't be necessary to say this, however I'll explain it. By putting people on this list it doesn't mean I agree with their actions nor that I disagree with their actions; I just like the way they look.

Robespierre

Maximilien de Robespierre is the main protagonist of the French Revolution; inspired by Illuminati (particularly Rousseau), Robespierre managed to defeat the Monarchy class in France in favor of the tiers état. However, after becoming having gained the role of Leader, he became so obsessed with the idea to fight whatever could have menaced the Republic that he became one himself, letting people of his own party get killed, like Hebert for being too extremist and Danton for being too moderate.

Mansa Musa

Emperor of Mali Musa Keita I was one of most important man of African Middle Age; other than being a rather beloved ruler and an educated man, he is best known for promoting the Islam culture to the nobility, without however forcing his people to accept his religion. Recently, it has also been estimated that he has been the richest man of all times, with an estate that would currently be 400 billions dollars or so.

Abraham Lincoln

With his tall charming figure, the first Republican President is most certainly one of the most important and recognizable leaders of the U.S. and of the contemporary era in general. Living and leading during the darkest period of the U.S.A. he managed to keep the unification of the Republic and to abolish the slavery.

Cleopatra

Maybe the most powerful woman of all history. Lover of Caesar and of his nephew's enemy Mark Antony, the Queen of Egypt has been known for being a smart viper and a lust idol. When his brother caused the fury of Caesar by slaughtering Pompeii, she managed not only to gather his forgiveness, but also to make him fall in love with her, becoming Rome's ally against his own brother's Reign. Once Caesar was killed, she started a relationship with a member of the Second Triumvirate, Mark Antony, starting a campaign on the East with him which ended with the defeat of her massive naval army against Octavian.

Genghis Khan

Master tactician and genius of the psychological war, Genghis Khan is the founder of the largest empire ever existed,and probably the most famous Asian of all eras. Basing his tactics on the strongest power of Mongolian army, the horse riders archers, the numerous battles that he fought were mostly won fast and sneakily. It is also known that contrarily to many until that time, the officers and soldiers of his army were chosen solely by meritocracy by him, against the common use of promoting nepotism.

Queen Victoria of England

If having a whole era named after your own name isn't badass enough, Queen Victoria is easily (after Henry the VIII and Elizabeth the I) one of the most memorable English rulers. She ruled during great part of 1800, one of the most stormy period of Europe, but while various nations of the continent were fighting each other for independencies , she managed to start colonialism adding to her prestigious name the title of Emperor of India. The U.K. was under her domain till the day of her death in 1901, after almost 64 years of govern. DAMN. And Elizabeth the II has beaten her! Man those chicks ain't dying!

Louis XIV of France

Just look at him. Do I really need to spend any words about his fashion style? Anyway, "Le Roy Soleil" has been known for his incredible ego. Inventor of absolute monarchy, even though he has never claimed it, the phrase "I am the law" perfectly suits him. He managed to get the nobility wrapped under his finger by offering them a life of luxury in the Palace of Versailles. Also, being naturally bald, he forced the mania of those huge wigs I once dreamed of wearing at the age of nine.

Julius Caesar

Both a man of culture and a military strategy genius, Gaius Julius Caesar is undeniably a milestone for the Western World evolution. His military strength was never the result of brutal strikes, but were always studied differently depending on the enemy he had to defeat, and always, in pure Roman style, trying to kill least persons possible, whatever we are talking about a population (De Bello Gallico) or about conquering the Senate (De Bello Civili).

Even though during his Rome was still a Democratic Republic, Caesar became dictator de facto after defeating the other two members of the First Triumvirate; infact, the word "emperor" itself comes from Caesar, back in his days "imperator" (latin word for emperor) just meant "victorious general", a title which Caesar was often appointed as.

Also the German title of "Kaiser" and the Russian title of "Czar" both are distorted version of the name "Caesar" itself, referring to him.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 8

• 4d

nice one

• 5d

bravoo

• 21d

Bravo, I love that you included Mansa musa and Khan and the fact that the list was diverse and included women as well.

• 23d

Interesting take :) There's some debate whether Cleopatra was really as good-looking as she was. Coins found from her times depict her as having an ugly. But could be because of jealousy though, lol.

• 23d

Yes, I heard that she wasn't super-attractive as well, but I think she was such a lust myth that whatever she was pretty or not was irrelevant.

• 24d

I really enjoyed this but still don't understand the illuminati thing.

• 24d

Yep, apparently that is just a mistake of mine. I meant to refer to the Enlightenment philosophers (such as Rousseau, Voltaire, Beccaria, etc.), I thought that was their name in English, but clearly I was wrong.

• 26d

Damn Louis had some looks

• 26d

Cool take. But where is The Honorable Donald Trump?

• 26d

Cool take! I didn't know that King Louis XIV was bald! I like the diversity, along with including a short description of each person. Good job. :)

• 26d

Oh yeah. I should've added before, but a bibliography would've been helpful.

• 24d

That's a sure lot you remembered.

• 23d

What can I say, I used to like school!

What Guys Said 7

• 21d

Hmph.. nice but you forgot Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.. ;)

http://i.hizliresim.com/8PndRA.png

• 20d

You are the second one to point this out :D As I said, I don't like his style. I like his actions and ideals, though, if that makes you happier.

• 20d

Oh yea.. Well its subjective and I respect ya opinion bruh 😎 For me his style is coo'.. he was wearing better than his century.

Where are you from btw? Do you know about him?

• 20d

I'm not Turkish, but I'm European, and yes, of course I know about him and what he did.

• 21d

Very nice 👍🏻

• 26d

I like the look of Mansa Musa and Cleopatra

• 26d

Wow just wow! :o

• 26d

where is atatürk

• 26d

Well, I don't find the fez to be an elegant accessory ^^ If you do, cool ^^

• 26d

this is very elegant suit in my opinion look at my profile image

• 26d

Sure, it is elegant, it just doesn't "make the difference" in my opinion you know? But of course, I respect your opinion as well ^^

• 26d

Groovy

• 26d

Oh my god sooooo many inaccuracies !!!

• 26d

Please point them out, sincerily, so that I won't male those miatakes again ^^

• 26d

That is two unrelated things. They are just figures of the enlightenment

• 26d

Okay okay, because in my language we have a specific name for each class of philosophers, I thought it was the same in English.