6 Tips For Better Winter Skin Care

6 Tips For Better Winter Skin Care

Exfoliate - with care, not too harshly, better to under exfoliate than over exfoliate.

Moisturize - use a thick moisturizer - your choice depends on your skin, but a thick cream can never be a wrong choice (even for oily skin).

Sunscreen - the sun is just as damaging during the winter as it is in the summer. It's just that not as much of your skin is exposed during the winter...so people take less care of it - think less about it.

Lip balm - buy a quality one (that leaves your lips moisturized for longer) and use it when need be.

Gloves - use them when doing any housework with water or going out.

Humidifier - use it - it gives your skin a break, moisturizes it from the outside (and it helps your air passages).

EXTRA tip: use extra precaucions when the weather it's very windy because if your skin is wet (saliva, rain, water...(not skin cream)) it will redden and ultimately crack. So put on a cream, a scarf, a hat...anything you might need to protect your health.

67
LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Most Helpful Guy

• lip balm stops fat production in your lips, effectively making you dependent on lip balm. moisturizing Products idem dito.

Health care Products are made to Always be a necessity. ergo if you stop using them, it will get worse. if you use Creams and stop using them it will get worse yes, but had you not used them from the start there would not have been a need for it because your body knows how to maintain itself as long as you actually give it what it needs

humidifier however i totally agree with, because the air usually is too dry for humans

otherwise gloves, well i don't care if my hands are rough but it is not damaging to work with water bare handed ^^

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes :) !! In past years my skin and lips would get so dry, but after sticking to a good regime of moisturizer and this amazing rose mask, it's like butter

Sponsored

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 6

• Also breathe through your nose in the cold, otherwise your nose will run and your lips will get more chapped

• nice one

• Nice take. Now I shall have magnificent skin

• Very good tips there especially the last few

• Great article and to think that I never thought of protecting my skin :P. Living somewhere where -18 degree Celsius is normal for the winter lol, had always cracks in hands and red nose haha

• What if I live in South Florida?

What Girls Said 5

• Personally I wash my skin everytime, put a lotion after the oil. The morning I use a simple creme with sun protection and I have a really good skin. My cheek are as plump as they're when I was 14.

• this is very good.
    toning and moisturizing with ethanol/alcohol free products is so so important

• what good thick cream have you heard about for oily skin?

• cool

• great take