Do You Fall For Photoshop? I Can Guarantee That We All Have

Too many times, I have seen a girl refer to a shopped picture of a woman as her "goal body." This is problematic in several ways. One being that you can never achieve anyone's body but your own, and another being that the majority of images floating around the Internet are shopped in some way.

If the person in the photo doesn't even look like that, how can you?

Too many times, I've seen a guy refer to one of these shopped women as his "ideal." Men and women both don't seem to understand what a real woman looks like.

Are men photoshopped?

Absolutely. All the time. But it seems to be a bigger problem amongst females. So let's not get into that. This post is about women being photoshopped.

You can check out some Tumblrs dedicated to exposing shopped images here and heree.

Allow me to post some photos myself. Some of these I've seen floating around the Internet on more than one occasion.

It isn't just bodies, trust me.

There's so many more. But I don't have time for that.

This isn't about the ethics of photoshop, this is about bringing attention to girls that the majority of images they see are FAKE. You shouldn't strive to look like a girl who doesn't exist. And men, your expectations of the female body are just gonna set you up for disappointment if you allow these fake images to paint the portrait of what a woman actually looks like.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 36

• Given that American obesity rates are at an all time high, enough that the military fears it would hurt their abilities should a draft happen, I don't think people are obsessed *enough* with photoshopped perfection. What are the current rates? 100k preventable deaths a year, had the people been at a healthy, decent weight?

• No, as a nation we're pretty obsessed with photoshopped perfection.
      Our citizens having the work ethic to achieve their goal body is a different story...

• I don't see why we have to be obsessed with something fake? Why not... like. . I don't know... be obsessed with health? Just like... an idea...*smacks gum*

• They absolutely photoshop men as much, and that's on top of taking photos of guys who aren't exactly facing olympic testing standards for PEDs

But agree with what you noted.

• No I don't really fall em, besides in my opinion most celebrity's are fake anyway.

• pretty sure I fall for it lol.

• Lol yeah everyone does.

• I don't understand why they make their butts bigger, unless it's the other way round and they made it smaller.
    I've photoshopped (gimped :P) photos a couple of times before sending them to a girl online, but only removing some moles from my body that I didn't like :P

• A lot of guys like bigger butts.

• I'm just reading through these and I had to pop in and say something... I do disagree. I've been with a lot of men and they all love small toned butts. At least "butt men" do from my experience. Usually the only people who like big butts are chubby chasers and they don't really count because they don't have any standards.

• Yeah I think it's like a myth that lots of women believe that guys like big butts

• I don't know what your complaining about these girls are still hot without the shop

• It's not the fact that they are 'still hot' that is the problem it's the fact the fake images are being used and young people who are exposed think this is normal and start to feel inadequate because they don't compare to what is 'normal' which is in fact an unrealistic standard.

• Im the victim here.

• Hey, i like looking at photoshopped pictures!

• Lol, you really want to complain about photoshop? You really want to open Pandora's box, my dear?

Alright then. Do away with photoshop, as you said, it's all fake and essentially BS. But don't stop there, no no. Keep going. Get rid of all shoes that are specifically designed to place emphasis on the legs, making one have the appearance of longer legs, aka high heels. Then get rid of all shoes that are 2+ inches or more in thickness that make a girl look way taller than she is. Get rid of ALL plastic surgery, and emphasize "true, natural beauty" over all fake beauty. Then get rid of all clothes designed to place emphasis on a girl's boobs or ass, like those extra tight short shorts or leggings, including all bikinis as they're basically just underwear, and of course in a man's eyes, "sexiness" will boost anyone's actual "beauty" by a lot.

Then get rid of ALL make-up. You can keep hair products, but all those skin products BS can go out the door! All that skin moisturizing, all those facial treatments and manicures, all those eyeliners and mascara, that lipstick and those powders, get rid of all of it.

THEN, AND ONLY THEN, will you be able to see what women look like in their natural state, and you will be able to appreciate true female beauty, and be free of all this "fake beauty" emphasis.

• Nice answer. Ah to be real lol. No thanks

• I was about to read the comment due to my notification, but I have yet to scroll down and read it because I thought to myself "Why the hell do I want to listen to anything else this dumb deluded bitch has to say"? So, I haven't read what you wrote. But you've read my reply, so ha ha ha.

• You've essentially just utilized about four logical fallacies in this argument.

• Photoshop isn't all they use. As a photographer I know lighting plays a huge difference. Lighting, posture, then maybe photoshop.
    Yes people do photoshop to make the model look better, but there are other tricks up the sleeves!

• the whole of hollywood is photoshop culture. it is disgusting the superficial and shallowness of it all...

• I wish God photoshop me.

• Did anyone actually think these pros weren't shopped?

• I hate PhotoShop. It's a douche bag's dream come true.

• Really speaking... The original ones were more hotter or say hottest than fake ones.

• Well i work with photoshop a lot so i can tell the difference now.

• It doesn't really look that big of a difference. But it doesn't really matter anyways they look pretty before the photo shop. It's just fine tuning for magazines. Similar to auto tune they use for singers. It is a business after all.

No harm done in my opinion.

• If it isn't that big a difference and made no impact they wouldn't bother doing it.

• I agree. It is the business and it's about looking attractive so they're going to clean them up to make them as attractive as they can bc its all about looks. Just like making singers sound better

• Thanks for agreeing, Keep down voting me down because I'm speaking sense.

• I don't even care,
    photos have never shown reality for me anyways.

• The Asian girl is freaking hot without the photo shop. Kate Upton is still hot regardless as well. I've never been a big fan of Kylie Jenner.

• Its almost scary...

• More from Guys
    16

What Girls Said 30

• I never fall into the photoshop trap as I am smart enough to know what is fake, therefore I am proud to say I have never had body issues in my life. I have also never photoshopped my body. If I am going to have a bit of a tummy, so be it There are other things to worry about.

I am quite happy with my body and I am perfectly content with it. Nothing wrong with my body at all. I don't base my life around pleasing dudes with how big my boobs are, how big my butt is and whether I have a thigh gap. I just exercise regularly and I eat right. Therefore, I have a beautiful body because of it. Never had any complaints while making love to a man. I like being real and I think those arses look freaking ridiculous. That sh** ain't cute!

I reckon those women should just... I don't know, get a hobby or something.

• I would say this video is when Photoshop goes to far XD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnvoz91k8hc

• wish i knew how to use photoshop

• Funny thing is, most of them got worse or are just disproportionate/unrealistic lmao xD

• They need to do away with Photoshop already.

• Wait, is that really what Kim Kardashian looked like before?

• They inflate her butt.

• PhotoShop is part of our life. I don't believe completely every picture I see on internet. Even filtering is a photo shopping anyway.
    The thing is PhotoShop should be used moderately. It shouldn't give delusional idea of the human body.

• I find that most guys don't expect real life women to be as perfect as magazines and TV. Sadly for most women, we don't believe this to be true and constantly try to live up to unrealistic standards no matter how many times we are reassured.

Just look at this site and you will see real men who constantly weigh in on breast size, booty size and everything else. Very few of their preferences are outside the realm of possibility, though a guy's preference of short, petite curly haired girls will obviously leave me out. That means his preference is unrealistic for ME, but not women in general.

I find most guys are just happy to be there and love women for all their imperfections. Women are the ones setting unrealistic ideals on themselves.

• I totally agree with this. We are the ones who are usually hard on ourselves

• They definitely Photoshop pretty much every single woman. They do it to men too. For men they would probably shop the jawline, muscle definition, and if it's an underwear shoot, then definitely the bulge

• Body photoshops are easier to tell than face photoshops.

• Bahaha i knew something was off with Kylie.

• I don't really fall for photoshop but I completly agree with the "never try to achieve someone else's body" I have friends/family who say they like my body and want the same when I feel that same way about girls in my school, it's a never ending cycle. I think that they shouldn't Photoshop every picture, some aren't necessary, unrealistic and even though we don't fall for it, younger girls can.

• Nice take :)
    However i dont think Kylie Jenner belongs in this take- her posts weren't photo shopped. The first photos are photos she wasn't ready for/wasnt posing in, and the second she was. Everyone looks different in their instagram selfies- doesn't mean she's 'fake'.

• Is this true? So, I'm beautiful always haha

• Kate Upton is ugly before and after the photoshop!!

Nice take!

• Ugly? Huh, funny how her ugly looks have made her rich though..

• Really now and even her body is ugly. Ok she has big boobs but look she has no curves, no waist!

• She has a pretty face though. Her body looks a little weird to me tbh.

• The Asian girl: which one is the before? if it's the smaller one... why would they even touch it? it looks 10 x!!! better than the wide weird one~ o.0
    ... and the kim one wow!~... that's a big difference~... I don't know the others but it's like the entire world is a lie~...

• Amber Rose's first picture isn't photoshopped, she got her butt done + she gained weight. But I completely agree that these are misleading to people who have certain goals

• Don't worry, those huge butts look awful to me.
    By the way, OT: Kate Upton's body is so weird! Her legs are super skinny but her upper body is chubby. She doesn't even have a waistline or a butt D: . Do guys really find her body hot? I mean, she has huge boobs, but that's about it.

• Are you saying girls with little waist definition and small butts can't be hot?

• So where are you getting this information that we all agree?

• ... You think Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie are ugly? Seriously? There ARE beauty standards, you can't deny it o_o.

• If someone falls for it they are surely guilible and not very observant lol the number 1 giveaway is that NOBODIES skin is THAT clear and smooth... lol solved, the simplest way to tell, most girls fall for it sadly and they aspire to BE these girls (even when it's physically impossible even with plastic surgery lol forever in a battle with themselves), but i'm a smart and observant person who lives to set truth apart from lies and to learn what is real in my life, in this world, there are already too many fake people.. . in this world you have to be quick witted and smart.

• More from Girls
    10