Girls, do you enjoy wearing thongs?

I was recently shopping with my girlfriend, and we stopped into Victoria's Secret so that she could pick up some new thongs. I completely understand that women wear them to reduce the appearance of VPL, but the whole time we were shopping, she kept saying how much she hated wearing them, calling them a "necessary evil".

As a guy, I had to agree with her, because I can't imagine how in the world it would be at all comfortable with a permanent wedgie all day. I was just wondering if there were any women out there that actually ENJOY wearing thongs. If so, can you explain why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, not at all. They are pretty uncomfortable to me. I used to wear them when I was like 15-16 years old. I don't know how it happened, but one day I ended up with a deep cut on my bottom due to the thong I was wearing. After that, I vowed to never wear them again. To avoid VPL, I go commando.

• See, now that's what I would be worried about, if I was a girl. That would suck.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 20

• I usually go commando, but if I have to wear any panty I prefer g strings, and then thongs. Let me tell you that there are these panties called C String which are for much better than g strings or thongs. It's like wearing nothing at all. So for me is 1. Commando, 2. C string, 3. G string and 4. Thong.

• nope. i like the idea that underwear is there for a reason. i dont want to wear something that feels like its not there. i also dont want to walk around with a wedgie all day. no thanks.

im not scared of vpl. i dont give a shit, never have. never will. i think its ridiculous theyve invented an acronym for it lol

• I love wearing thongs! I think your girlfriend might be buying a size too small. Tell her to buy wider thong strips in lace/cotton and avoid gstrings.

• when i first started wearing them, they were a little awkward feeling... now, more then 10 years later... they are the only thing i wear. I think they are super comfy, i can't really even feel them. anything else bunches up and gives the wedgie feeling

• No.
    And her calling them a necessary evil - don't understand that. Why is it necessary?
    Please...

She must like them on some level, otherwise she wouldn't be wearing or buying them.

• I wear them when I have to but yea, I hate them. I don't like fabricated floss shoved up my ass, and sometimes i feel like my half my crotch is out too (that tiny triangle doesn't cover shit! lol). It also doesn't help that most thongs are synthetic so they're not very breathable, and it can get irritating on my skin at times.

• It's nice to know that I'm not crazy. That's kind of how I assumed it must feel.

• Thongs feel barely there while other styles to me bunch up and feel like wedgies and give unsightly panty lines. I'm also a dancer and frequent gym goer and wear spandex and there's no way I'd be caught dead in anything besides a thong under spandex.

• When I first started wearing them...

yeah...

but now.. I prefer them over other kinds..

• I don't wear them at all, they are so uncomfortable.

• i love thongs they are comfortable, if you get the decent ones and they make me feel sexy and the boys i know love it so i enjoy wearing them and it dont even feel like a wedgie you can't even feel it tbh

• I'll agree that they look good, definitely. Maybe I just can't understand how you can't feel them, as I'm a guy. Just the whole idea of a string going up your butt seems so uncomfortable, lol.

• to me it not, i dont even understand why i can't feel it

• I don't like wearing them. I'd rather go commando.

• I find them comfortable i only wear em to not show panty lines, because they make me self-conscious Overall if you find the right kind its pretty comfortable.

• When I first started wearing thongs they were pretty uncomfortable but I got used to them over time. They're not as comfortable as other types of underwear though so I only wear thongs when I need to.

• I like them.. they don't feel like you're wearing anything honestly

• My girlfriend must be buying the wrong kind, then, lol.

• Nope, i hate them, therefore I go commando

• Lol, I suggested that to her, and she thought I was crazy.

• Lol, but that's like, the opposite of good. That just means more clothes to take off. :)

• You don't always have to take your panties off...

• In the beginning they were uncomfortable but now I love them.

• Nope I hate them so uncomfortable

• No. They're uncomfortable. But my bf likes them so I wear them for him

• i hate them so much, i only wear them if i have to for certain outfits. they are super uncomfortable and most the time i'm just chilling so i don't really need to wear them

What Guys Said 1

• Practice makes perfect... if you wear them enough, it's like they're not even there