Do guys like dyed hair?

I dyed my hair red and it looks good, I was just wondering if it mattered to guys whether or not they prefer natural hair colors or dyed. Any answer would be great.

Most Helpful Guy

• no, not at all.

1. if you dye your hair, you're telling men that you're not comfortable with being yourself, and that you don't accept yourself as you are. if that is the case, why should he accept you either?

2. women with dyed hair give the impression of being simple minded and superficial... no substance within, no personality, no wit, no fun (hair color is easy to change, a lack of interesting personal qualities is impossible to change).

3. when you dye your hair and spend all kinds of time and money on beauty products/services (make-up, facial peels, hair dye, etc.) you are imitating the worst behavior of the scummiest people in the world - celebrities like paris hilton and kim kardashian. they make good prison pin-ups, but they do not make good girlfriends.

4. hair-dye says fussy and prissy in all capitols. if it's not up to some backwards artificial societal standard, then you won't accept it. that means that chances are, you won't accept our flaws, whether they be true or implied, either.

5. also, if you're going to dye your hair... white is out of the question. it's unattractive. do you really want to look like some biker scum's "ol' lady?" go for natural colors that are close to your own hair color. if you're brown-haired, changing it to a light brown might be acceptible, but not suggested.

we prefer our women to be the way they are. we don't want play-boy centerfold skanks, we want the girl next door.

• I think your judgments are quite close minded. Judging someone solely by their outward appearance is just as shallow as you are accusing people who dye their hair strange colors of being. There, of course, are a large percentage of these people who are as insecure and uninteresting as you are accusing them of being, however there is another group of people who could dye there hair for many other reasons, many excluding a need for attention. I had never dyed my hair before in my life, when about three weeks ago I went into a CVS and bought and $11 hair dye kit and dyed my hair bright pink in my bathroom. I am the exact same person today as I was three weeks ago, and yet now I am "not comfortable with being myself," "simple minded and superficial," and "fussy and prissy in all capitols." I can assure you that I am none of those things. Then again, since the color of my hair categorizes me as "play-boy centerfold skank" and deems me not worthy of your consideration, you would never know.

• Addressing your argument RosieToes. What Lysergix is saying is not as blunt and ignorative as you are taking it. As you say this may not be true and you shouldn't judge a person solely on looks. But people judge you on your looks. It's a fact of life. You dyed your hair pink and no it does not change who you are. However it does change how people look at you. Men think different than women. In our minds we associate dyed hair with (see above with Lysergix) It's not necessarily right, but it happens and there's no changing it.

• Well it shouldn't even matter if a girl dyes her hair. A guy should like her for who she is, not what color her hair is. Girls love changing up their look. For example, I'm a natural brunette. Later on I dyed it black. To my surprise, everyone loved it. I say she should just go for it. :) if she likes it, then other people will to. :) do what makes you happy, like dying your hair.

What Guys Said 13

• If it's subtle then I don't mind it but when you start getting into the red streaks with blonde and black hair. It sends a message that screams "I want attention" and lowers you're expected age and perceived maturity initially.

If you are 15-19 it's okay to have that wild hair but as you get older. You'll tend to want to go with something more subtle and less wild.

• Exactly. It is very common for teens and young adults to wildly change their look. It's just what we like to do :)

• Dyed hair, no hair, long hair, short hair. It is all about how you wear it and how it makes you feel. If you feel confident and sexy, we'll pickup on that and we love it.

Besides, I don't know too many girls these days that even remember their original hair color anymore. Just make sure to maintain it, I. E. When they dye it platinum blonde and the roots are not just showing but half of the dye job has faded. Pick it, do it, maintain it.

• To me it does not really matter if a girl dyed hair as long as it is not some crazy color like Green or blue (Halloween costumes excluded) As long as it is nicely done then its fine with me. When it comes to hair I look more at the length then the color (longer the hair the better)

• Some girls like to dye their hair. As long as its done correctly, and looks natural, I don't think there is anything wrong with doing this.

• I used to like fake hair colors, but now I think they look, well, fake

I don't like fake, so, I generally avoid girls with un-natural looking hair - unless, of course, its a super high end hot couture job

• Doesn't matter to me. Pick a style and wear it with confidence! If you think it looks good, then other people probably do too. There's a lot of truth behind the saying 'you are your worst critic'!

• I'm always telling my girl to try to make her hair like Hayley Williams of Paramore. Dyed hair is sexy, it shows personality and makes you different.

• Lol, that's how I tried to dye mine! (without the blonde though. ) thanks! :D

• Hair color isn't who you are. It's just appearance. If your appearance with dye is good then great. It's not changing who you are.

• Dyed hair is alright if it's done good and doesn't look too outrageous. There are girls that look good with a certain color, whether it's their natural color or not. I think more guys care more about hair length then color!

• What length is better?

• My hair used to be up to my waist now its like a little farther than my shoulders. Will this ruin my chances with guys?

• No, absolutely not. Past the shoulders is perfect :o)

• Mostly I prefer women not to dye their hair, especially if they dye their hair according with fashion or they always dye their hair on the same color.

In the other hand, if a woman dye her hair with a different color (like you dyed your hair red, for example) or she often changes her hair could, it will be a turn on for me.

• f*** no

• no guys will think your a radical feminist and stay away from you...

• I think it's the sexiest thing I've ever seen

What Girls Said 1

• Heyy.

guys shouldn't like you just because of your hair!

they should like you because of what's inside.

don't let them not date you because of your hair color!

hope I could help!