Lower back tattoos - sexy or trashy?

I think small ones like this can be classy and cute rather than trashy.

clotherz.com/.../Small-Lower-Back-Tattoos-7.jpg

That's not me :)

Most Helpful Girl

• depends on the motive. not trashy but I think that one would have been better on the shoulder or higher on the back...

What Guys Said 26

• It's called a tramp stamp. But I like them. I like all sorts of tattoos. That being said, I'm more of an entire back covered sort of person. Not the biggest fan of small inks.

• But my point is that lower back tattoos don't HAVE to be tramp stamps... though it seems most guys on here think they are, and that they're trashy.

• Tattoos just grow in character with age. But from what you're telling me about your frame of mind, don't get it. You'll grow unhappy with it.

p. s. tramp stamps are hard to keep covered. People will catch a glimpse of it from time to time.

• Yeah, that's why I'm hesitant. What I might do is get a friend to draw henna tattoos on me - they can look just as real, plus they fade in a couple of weeks so if I'm not thrilled with it I won't be stuck with it forever. If I love the henna back tattoo, I may get inked for real. We'll see...

• is that you?

• Ehh, I'm really not a fan of tattoos in general. I'd prefer a girl with a blank canvas but it's not a deal breaker. I wouldn't date a girl with a lot of tattoos but if it was just one or two that had personal meaning/significance then i wouldn't care. Yours doesn't look trashy but it's really cliche. I guess it's better than having a "live fast die young tattoo" I'd reject you on the spot if you had one of those ;)

• Yeah, butterflies are pretty cliche. I would never get that.

• small = cute
    big, like across your whole back = trashy.

• Still somewhat trashy. Definitely not sexy or cute. That being said, I'm not a fan of tattoos in general.

• I like them! They can definitely be cute. :)

• Trashy as fuck.

• If your S/O got a small lower back tat would it make you respect her less/find her less attractive?

• See, I find them unattractive, so it ruins my favorite sexual position.

If you want one, and your boyfriend is for it, I say go for it.

• Gotcha. Kind of like how it would ruin one of my favourite parts of my guy's body (you can probably guess which one...) if he got it pierced. Hehe.

Thanks. Thinking about it. Like I said to someone else, I'll try henna tattoos and see what happens - they fade after a couple weeks so it's kind of like a trial tattoo lol.

• It's something to look at while in the position. I dont mind it.

• Like all other tattoos, it's more about what they are and if they're well done. If it looks like your cousine did it with a home made ink gun in your basement then yeah, it's trashy and unattractive.

• Always trashy. Sometimes sexy as well.

• It "can" be sexy, but most aren't. Her tattoo is just there

• ALWAYS trashy.

• Don't really care for tattoos in general. So I wouldn't care. My ex had her name tattooed on her lower back, didn't care much.

• Sexy if it is small but not a huge one

• Trash, but one mans junk is another mans treasure

• Why trashy?

• she wouldn't, I could easily talk her out of it

• I see now why your username has "overachieving" in it haha.

• Depends on the person really. If it looks like she goes out of her way to show it off then it's trashy.

• That butterfly is trashy.

• Agreed. I wanted to find a small, classy heart or something a little nicer, but that butterfly was the smallest lower back tattoo Google would give me.

• Haha, not sure how that was the only image :P http://imageshack.com/a/img661/3773/hXWk41.png I got loads. Google 'heart lower back tattoo' and you will get a number of results for hearts. Looking through the images, I cannot help thinking that virtually all are trashy. Just does not seem be the right area for a tattoo just above the bum :/

• I did Google that. I got a ton of those flowery tattoos that stretch all across the lower back, but I was looking for a small heart. That's all.

• Trashy for sure

• it's trashy if i ever see it before i see you naked for the first time

• I have a funny story about tattoos! they can be hazardous!

• Doesn't look good at all, but I don't like any tattoos at all.

• Definitely sexy.

• all tattoos i see are trashy

• Do you have a link to a gallery of those pictures for me?
    Thanks.

• depends what it is and who got the tramp stamp/ slag tag.
    on most girls I like them

• These are called "TRAMP STAMP"

• I think it's only if a tramp stamp if it resembles one of these: http://funnie.st/472279/funny-tramp-stamps/20/

They're big, cheap-looking, colourful... just a random design with no apparent meaning. A small heart or short saying that actually has meaning can be very cute.

• No ALL lower back tats are tramp stamps in guys eyes

What Girls Said 6

• Sorry, they do look pretty trashy to me, regardless of what kind of tattoo you've got there.

• How are our votes so different when we pretty much said the same thing?
      Must be nice being cute =p

• I'm currently swimming in a pool of my own tears.

• Not trashy, sexy. But I'm not with the butterfly designe for the lower back. Horizontal designs are more beautiful for that part.

• I would say it depends on the motive. That butterfly for instance doesn't look trashy to me, but cheesy.

• I dont think its trashy.

• Super trashy unless its a full back tattoo

• I consider them trashy, but that's just me.