• Ask
  • myTake

Your favorite cologne for MEN?

I've been told by some women that there are some fragrances that literally turns them on. I don't mean it makes them want to grab strangers and tear their clothes off, but depending on the situation, their reaction could range from simply "intrigued" to actually wanting to jump you (or at least make out with you). Ladies do you have a favorite cologne for men? Is there a fragrance that really tickles your fancy, at least one that makes you say -- wow he really smells great!? Or guys do you have a fragrance that you've noticed gets you the most "hits" or positive responses?

This question has a poll!

• Vote A I definitely have a favorite cologne for men.
  • Vote B I have noticed some great smelling cologne, but I never know which is which.
  • Vote C I don't like cologne, I prefer natural body odors.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I definitely have some I remember. Like Usher for men. It's such a soft yet sexy smell. I love it. But also just some axe smells great to me. It doesn't have to be an expensive cologne. Any guy that takes pride in good hygiene and smells great is a turn for me.

What Girls Said 22

• CK Euphoria is amazing

• I think it's Axe, but I'm not really sure. I just know that a lot of guys at my school wear some cologne that smells really good and I love it. To the point that I can smell it from across a parking lot and it's really distracting when I'm in class lol

• Burberry-Touch for men . I love how that smells on my boyfriend ! Also Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue for men smells amazing ! (and the light blue perfume is amazing as well ! I always get complimented when I wear that)

• My fiance wears Aqua Di Gio and I love it ! Also, I think Victoria's Secret Very Sexy is a great cologne .

• LACOSTE hands-down is the best smelling cologne out there . I bought a guy friend of mine a bottle of Lacoste before Lacoste was all the rage . And it smelled terrific ! I think it went well with his own body chemistry . And therefore had a pleasing affect . I think a guy should always choose something 'different' and not necessarily popular with the crowds, that way he smells beautifully original . Let's reverse the question: what perfume do guys like on girls ?

• I love Ralph Lauren's blue musk for women (I don't know the exact name, but it comes in a little short blue bottle) .

• fierce by a&f...i was considering buying it just so I could smell it ha.ha.

• Carbon- Rue 21And most of the Tag/Axe.. but no chocolate Axe. It smells nasty

• Idk why but I love axe !!! I love it when my boyfriend wears it !!!! like I said idk why but I do !!!!

• Mmm something like CK for men or like abercrombieanything fresh and clean- like that "just out of the shower" smell:)

• My man wears Boss by Hugo. It makes me wants to jump him every time I smell it!

• Fierce by abercrombie and fitch, and jean paul gaultier, the bottle that's shaped like a mans torso . Mmmmmm .

• I love any guy who wears Axe

• Swiss Army and Old Spice smell so good to me! There are some others that also smell good, but I don't know what they are called. Just don't wear too much or spray it in public. Too much reminds me of the old days in grade nine when all the boys would spray axe like crazy to kill smells in their lockers or just to smell good when they were dirty from gym.

• Oh my goodness Polo . I love all three scents (original, Polo Blue and Polo Black) but the original green is my favorite . Also Very Sexy for men by Victoria's Secret drives me crazy .

• Ralph Lauren Blue really gets me going! It's orgasmic!

• definitely aqua di gio, armani mania, bvlgari- aqva pour homme, or diesel- only the bravebut these are all best for daytime or summer use...

• Tommy boy! I am all over guys that wear this stuff!

• old spice

• axe

• I loveeeeee fierce from abercrombie and fitch but I also love some of the axe/tag scents. I basically just love the way cologne smells. and yess the smell of guys cologne can turn me on. A LOT 0:)

• I love the smell of Passion for Men. I also love the smell of a guy right after shaving. Just the shaving cream smell on him. Guess I am weird. LOL

• Something spicy but not tooo strongbut also have a warm but sweet smell

What Guys Said 14

• I don't wear colognes because I'm ethylene sensitive which means I can't smell the difference between anything made with ethylene because the ethylene smell overwhelms everything else. It also overwhelms my sense of taste and dries out my mouth and throat just by being near it. All colognes and perfumes are made with ethylene as it's in the alcohol that goes into them.

• There are a couple of colognes that I have noticed get more compliments and even the occasional nose nuzzling my neck as women take a sniff. Channel - Egoiste Platinum, Kenneth Cole - Reaction and Christian Dior - Eau Sauvage

• I hear a lot of positive talk about . Channel - Egoiste Platinum. If I can find it I will pick a bottle up and use it.

• Old Spice Original Edition :)I've had compliments after simply showering with an unscented Dove bar which is either positive - my natural chemistry is good - or negative in that I smell most of the other times. :)I think we tend to like fragrances which we associate with good times. To this day my favourite fragrance on my girl is the same perfume she wore on the day I met her... I like her other perfumes as well but that particular one I can smell a mile away and it evokes good memories. Hence take my advice and use Old Spice... she'll equate you with good memories with her child hood when playing with her dad or her grand father. :)

• I don't know about favorite cologne for men . But I do know for myself ;)My personal favorites are hugo boss energize, lacoste essential, joop, and curve

• Oh, I am not gonna give out my secret on this one, but I will drop hints Try experimenting with more then one at once - and add other elements that have masculine scents but aren't considered cologne What I do drives women crazy, I have girls following me just to ask what I'm wearing or to tell me I smell "really good" - hell, I even get free drinks from female bartenders just because of my scent .

• Are you saying you add other scents TO cologne, or you mix non-cologne scents together ? (Come on -- help and east coast brother out -- it's not like I can steal your thunder all the way from the west coast :) How about a pm with an actual recipe or at least some more clues ?

• Both

• You want masculine? Just do what the Italians used to do in the good old days... After a hard day of work just take your handkerchief and absorb some of the perspiration from your nether region and rub it onto your chest... Combine this with a nice white cotton shirt and undo at least three buttons so that the women can get a whiff of the pheromones.

• Some colognes that work best for meChrome: Azzaro, Fairmones, Armani Code, and black, all fairly cheap and work amazing

• The kind of chemical you are talking about is called a 'PHEROMONE' and it is a hormone that does target a feeling amongst women. Well girls really notice when I wear Brut or Dunhil Desire

• Its different for all women and all men... The way the spray reacts to your own body will be different... Just some words of advice... If using axe or cologne DON'T SPRAY It on YOUR CLOTHES it won't last and it can be to over powering. Spray it on your chest and your wrists... dab some on your neck line... If women can smell it from across the room chances are you have too much on

• Axe deodorant sprays are great, but a longer lasting scent that seems to really turn heads is Lagerfeld Photo .

• Chanel Allure is awesome! The first time I ever wore it out, I had a girl (complete stranger) walk up to me, sniff my neck and proceed to stick her tongue in my ear.And as for buying other colognes, I'll usually go to Sephora or some other large department store, pick out a few I like...and then I'll wait for the next hot chick to walk by and ask her what she thinks of them.

• When I wear these colognes, I always get good compliments: Hanae Mori, Acqua Di Gio,Lalique Pour Homme, Drakkar Noir, Pour Lui by Oscar de la Renta, Escada Pour Homme and The Third Man by Caron.

• Most hits for me: Versache "Blue Jeans" and "Eau Fraiche" Versache is fuc*ing awesome.

• An oldie but still good is Aqua Digio by Armani . Everytime I wear it, I get compliments .

• Girls have told me that Aramis for men is really great because it's very subtle . It's spice-based so it doesn't have a strong hit or overly fruity flavor like Cool Water or something . The best part is it's the type of sent that doesn't smell like all the others, and it kind of "sneaks up" on the girls and makes them feel all warm and tingly all over (or so I've been told) .