Are glasses on a girl attractive?

I honestly don't understand why so many guys consider glasses on a girl sexy. My ex had told me that wearing glasses would make me sexier and that kind of made me cringe a little bit. I had started wearing glasses at the age of 3 and then stopped later on. I had worn glasses because I actually had bad eyesight which is a real disability. It's just kind of odd to see people wearing glasses when they don't actually need them. I'm not judging anyone who wears glasses just for looks. I just really want to know the reason why many people find glasses to be sexy.

• Yes
  • No
  • It really depends on the girl
  • Only if she actually needs them

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry if i offend anyone, but i think the whole hot girl with glasses is generally associated with p*rn . You know the whole one minute she's the smart quiet librarian... then she lets down her hair, rips the glasses and her clothes off and she's up for anything p*rn characterization.
    I think it's predominantly a sign that that dude watches a lot of p*rn .
    Or he just thinks the girl is cute and will compliment the most obvious thing she's wearing, in the hopes that she'll be flattered and like him.
    Version b) is definitely the more sincere and pg version, but I'm guessing option a) is the more likely.

What Guys Said 16

• What gives me the shits: Knowing certain girls from school that would go around teasing anybody that wore glasses calling them nerds etc. then seeing them 10 years later on Facebook wearing glasses when they don't need them and tagging #nerdlife just for the likes, just to look cute or sexy. Nothing is more unattractive than that: insta delete from me.

• Yeah but what about girls who actually need them?

• They are fine, I find them attractive.. I think I am more angry at the hypocrites who wear glasses that don't need them...

• Women's eyes are so beautiful. Glass highlight your eyes and draws attention to them.

• First it depends on if she needs them to see better. Then it depends on the glasses and the girl. Glasses can change the look of a person in all kinds of ways. Experiment.

• they make you look older basically

• Here comes my unpopular opinion. Will probs get a lot of hate for this, but I don't really care.

I don't find glasses attractive on anybody. Sure, if you pick a nice pair of glasses you can still look good. However, I still think anyone looks way better without them. I switched from glasses to contacts at the age of 12, just because it made me more confident about my looks.

• For me it's more some girls look attractive with them on but this only revolves around girls that actually need to wear em.

• It depends on the girl because on some girls it can make them look awesome and others eh not so much.

• I think glasses make a girl look cute and see no problem in her wearing them

• If you wear them every day, they make you less attractive. If you wear fashion glasses every once in a while, then it looks super cute.

• Maybe because geeky girls are attractive to some fellas, in the way Lois lane, and wonder woman are appealing.
    Also I think that specks convey a sense of helplesness, which taps directly onto the males protective instinct

• Glasses make you look more mature and smarter. That is about it.

• Girl with glasses are attractive, I wear glasses myself and see much better with them then without them. If you really dislike glasses then get contacts instead.

• I don't dislike glasses. I just don't really understand why people find them sexy. That's all.

• Honestly, i like girls without glasses. But some girls can look great in glasses too, so it really depends on the girl...

• In past people said that i looked great when i did not have glasses...

And now they tell me that put the glasses on you look weird!

Its just the taste of people so mostly i dont prefer glasses

• it gives you the mature look. Not to mention that i have a glasses fetish

• I've never heard of such guys (who like girls with glasses), I personaly never considered glasses to be "sexy", they are totally turn off for me.

What Girls Said 6

• I am a fan. It's kind of weird, I love glasses on both genders. They look fucking gorgeous to me.

• well i like them. i think they make me look great=]

• I have cheap reading glasses, but they have cool black frames.
    I guess I never thought about them all that much.

• Depends in the girl. I looked nerdy with it

• yep, lots of guys think it's hot.

• Some girls are really hot with glasses, while others look horrible.