When applying foundation (makeup), do you also apply it on your neck?

Foundation is generally marketed as face makeup. There are however some sites that recommend applying it to your neck as well (because the face and the neck are often not the same shade, as the face gets more sun exposure).

When applying foundation, do you put some on your neck as well? For those that do- do you coat your whole neck (everything visible) or just blend it downwards from the chin?

• No, just on my face
  • Yes, I cover my whole neck as well
  • Yes, I blend it downwards from my chin (but I do not cover my whole neck)
  • I don't use foundation, but I want to see the answers.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• I try not to take more than I can eat. But when I do I apply it everywhere.

• I do. But that's stage makeup. Could be different for just everyday stuff XD

• As a guy i don't use make up. but i don't thinks its attractive with make up on your neck.

• sorry i only wear guyliner.

• You should blend it... its a waste of makeup jesus Christ! You use foundation to basically cover blemishes and unwanted spots on your face an even it out the surface of the skin. Kind of like priming a wall before applying the paint.

• Never used it on my neck...

What Girls Said 52

• If you're applying the foundation all over your skin, then yes, you should blend it out to your neck. You don't have to apply it directly to your neck, just blend it enough that the line between naked skin and makeup is gradual and isn't an actual line. Personally though, I think that's just too much and should only be done if you have acne on your cheeks. If you have pretty clear skin, you really just need it on your t-zone and just blend it out from there.

• i blend but don't cover my whole neck. leaving a foundation line looks stupid but covering my whole neck i also think looks stupid. i think a good place to stop is under your chin but above your voicebox. no one will be able to see the slight change in tone (unless you walk around with your nose literally in the air lol), but you won't have a stupid looking line at your chin or have to use an entire thing of foundation to get your whole neck haha

• I only put it on my face since it actually matches the rest of my skin tone. If you have to blend it down your neck, you're putting on the wrong shade. :p

• Unless your foundation is your Exact skin tone... Blend, blend, blend! Otherwise you'll end up wih a very tan face and a pale neck or vice versa. Always look up and check your chin line especially if you dont plan to use foundation on your neck because lines easily occur when you haven't blended properly.

• I have to blend because in the winter I can't find foundation as pale as me and in the summer I can't find anything my tan so yeah! Blend blend blend!

• I don't wear a lot of foundation but in the winter it gives me a nice glow. But yes I blend it up through my hair line and my neck... Sometime I have had to place it on my chest if I am wearing something low cut because my summer tan really left me with different shades :D

• If I put it on my neck, it turns orange whereas it blends well with the skin on my face. I make sure I don't have a line around my jawline.

• When I put on foundation I slightly blend into my neck not a ton almost none really. It should match your neck anyway and look natural not caked on but different skin types require different types of foundation. I wouldn't apply on my whole neck that is just too much but that's just me.

• I've just started and mine blends ok-ish but I apply it really lightly ans do a bit on my neck/ears, just sort of rubbing it in. There's nothing worse than a visible line of colour difference with makeup even if the foundation is a really good match to skin. That being said I don't apply extra, I just sort of rub my fingers/brush lightly with any excess from doing my face.

• It really depends sometimes if my face seems darker than my neck I'll put it a over my neck and some times a little on my chest so everything seems well blended and the same color

• I don't wear make up but if I did I would aim for an improvement and not perfection. Perfection is impossible and gets you taken advantage of.

• When I wear foundation I just blend it downwards so I won't look like I have on a mask.. not a good look

• You should put moisturiser first so you can even the colour out a bit, like an eventone cream. Foundation should be on face and slightly under the chin. Foundation should even out skin, without showing dicolouration from face to neck, otherwise get something lighter and powder can make a flawless finish.

• its way better to blend it... who wants a two toned face

• Foundation should only be applied to your face and blended on the jaw line. Tinted moisturizer is great because its not as thick, still maintains coverage, and usually has your spf already in it. Inteleshade and Aveda both have good tinted moisturizer, personally I like Inteleshade better because its higher spf, offers regular or matte finish, and is nice and creamy but not thick at all. A little goes along way and doesn't look like your wearing makeup. Used the Aveda one for yeara until I was introduced to Inteleshade.

• My foundation is just the same color as my skin, and I put it on very lightly, so it doesn't need to be blended or used on my neck. My face is the same color as my neck anyway, so

• Accidentally sent answer before finishing, lol.

* so they already match.

• Nah, not unless I’m about to model in a show or do a dance performance on stage.

• It depends on the foundation, if it's a little too dark, I'll apply it on my neck but if not, just on my face

• I use very little myself.
    However, I used to do some modeling (catalog, not any high fashion) and they always made us up.

• I normally blend it down my chin and into my neck and just use loose powder to coat it and blend it totally. If you stop at tnr edge of your fsce you csn see where your makeup stops and it looks like a mask :/

• I just use it to cover up a scar, thank fully my skin never breaks out

• I think it depends. I use maybelline cc cream and it is my skin tone so I don't have to apply it to the neck. Also, the idea of it rubbing off on shirt collars bothers me because then it shows the world you got a little makeup messy or have too much on haha. Try to find something that's your shade or close enough then you only have to do the face. Plus if you only do the face, you use less makeup meaning it might last longer!

• I buy the closest hue of foundation to my skin tone. I use dream matte mousse from Maybelline have used for over 10 years

• I do not wear foundation on a daily basis. Just eye shadow, mascara and lip gloss. On special occasions when I do wear foundation I do blend a little bit down from my chin and just barely under the jawline, not the whole neck.

• I just blend it down my chin/jaw, but I don't cover the neck.

• I just cover my acne and acne scars on my face with it.

• I've only worn foundation twice in my life but both times I blended it down on my neck and that was cuz im really pale so it looked bad lol

• I don't use foundation, most of the time. My skin is baby soft and clear without it, once I start using it, I get pimples and blemishes. Mother Nature has been kind to me.

• for all the girls who said no just on my face y'all stupid af.

• I use foundation but only apply a smallest amount of it to my cheeks and "t zone" that's all

• You should blend to your neck because for some people (if you don't have the exact color) its like a distinct line between your face and neck. Not attractive lol

• More from Girls
    22