Why do girls wear high heels? WHY!?

I'm not short, I'd say I was average height for someone of my age, maybe even tall for someone of my build (I'm 5'11), but it's so annoying when my already kind of tall girlfriend (5 '9) wears heels like three sometimes four inch heels; she becomes taller than me! Before you all say "blah blah you're insecure", lol, it is normal for us guys to want to be taller and bigger than our girl counterparts, so it's horrible when they wear those bloody stilts! Plus, Girls always complain that it's hard to walk in heels, they have to walk really slow, even when you're in a hurry and they always have to take them off in the end because they hurt so much! AND a lot of them cost a FORTUNE! Why wear them!?

Don't get me wrong guys, I see what they do to the legs, and how they make girls look hot, but that's one pro- there are still far more cons!
Great. My girlfriend's newest pair of heels are SEVEN INCHES LONG! D:

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• They make our legs look very sexy. For me I am not tall so at 5'4" I feel so much less like a high school student (I am also very slim and petite) and more like a woman wearing heels. I can run in heels, won't wear a pair that is uncomfortable and I don't see much of a downside in wearing them. I have cute flats that can be uncomfortable to walk in. Frankly the only thing that is super comfortable to walk in is tennis shoes and you cannot wear those with a dress or most things fashionable. Once you want to wear heels, the great looks come in 3" plus range. Lower than that and you can have a hard time finding something stylish (i.e., you find mostly things your grandmother would wear with support hose, lol).

What Girls Said 25

• It looks nice with a dress? I love the peep toe pumps that are black with a 3 inch heels. why do we wear them? they look great with skinny jeans or a short skirt and they're sexy.

• Theres just something about them that compliments the dress/skirt.skinny jeans look. I dk why. I guess its got to do with the whole "look" to it

• Yeah of course iwbym. I just like wearing them to feel better if I have a crappy day or just with a dress. they look cute together. especially peep toe pumps and black heels go with anything I wear .

• im really not a fan of heels. I only own 3 pairs and none of them are above 4inches. I'm not really interested in making myself much taller and I'm 5'2".

• Guess what...blah blah you're insecure. My last boyfriend had a problem with it too. He was taller but when I wore heels he was about an inch shorter. Who cares? It makes the girl your with look hotter! Sexier legs, perked up butt, and they are sooooo cute! btw...7" heels? Does she strip on the side?

• Lmao I was thinking the same thing! 7" would KIILL!

• Because they make us look hot.That's why.

• Ok I would liek ti pose a question - would you rather be called hot, ,sexy, steaming, and stuff that's common liek that? Try not being sexy, try being yourself. Becasue whne you are yourself, your beautiful. IT's easy to be someone else, but not to be yourself.

• You obviously don't know me, because that's the LAST thing you'd pose to me.I am me 24/7, being myself is what makes me hot, not 4 inch f***ing heels. Most girls wear heels because they think (and usually) look hot, regardless of whether they're wearing them or not.Don't judge who you think I am based off my answer, mmmk?

• i effin hate heels, and am pretty short 5.2 but I don't give a f*** I never wear them, Only to weddings.

• I just like them :) I wouldn't wear one's that make me taller than my boyfriend though, that would just feel too weird to me. I have a pair that make me just as tall as him, but that's personally pushing it for me.

• I'm tall and really like heels but I don't wear them because of my shorter guy..they make our legs look nice!

• I wear heels for a number of reasons:-I'm short, they make my legs look longer which is atttractive, they make me feel more feminine, they make me look more like my actual age (!), and they make an evening outfit look better...as for girls who wear heels in the daytime with casual clothes, I suppose that's just their style...but if it makes her feel sexy, surely you shoudl approve! xxxxxxx

• i have the same question on my mind I mean why do you have to put yourself throw all this hell

• they're a nice confidence boost. feeling tall and towering over people is a great thrill and empowering. It also makes ur legs look SMOKIN'. and they just make girls feel pretty. we love to dress up.

• LOL.Okay, I'm 5'4 and my boyfriend is 5'7. He still likes heels.Girls like heels probably because we know guys like the way we look in them.If you're insecure when your girlfriend is taller than you then you either need to get over it or TELL HER that it hurts your feelings or whatever and ask her if she'd like to wear more comfortable shoes whenever you guys go out.rofl.Btw, not all heels hurt. ;)

• I'm tall myself, but I love hi heels, for a lot of very good reason. Hi Heels look class, sexy. Chic. Yes they cost a real fortune, but the look so sexy. I love all kind off hi heels, hi heels shoes, sandals, boots, thigh high boots. Guys love tall girl with very long legs. Of course I'm not stupid, I love hi heels, but not 7", that too much, we call that platform, I don't really like platform, I prefer Stiletto heels.

• Oh, shush. My boyfriend is 5' 11", I'm 6' 1". I wear heels as often as I like. He loves it! Haha, he even told me once, "Don't tell anyone, but I kind of like that you're taller."Made me all sorts of happy on the inside. :)If your girlfriend is having a hard time walking in heels, she shouldn't be wearing them. One of my biggest pet peeves is when girls who can't walk in heels, wear them. They take practice! And the right kind of heel. I just bought a new pair that probably makes me around 6' 4"-6' 5". They're my new favorite. And I can walk just as fast in those as I can in sneakers. I have heels that are more comfy than my running shoes. It is possible, I promise.And you contradicted yourself in your question. "Don't tell me I'm insecure, but I need to feel like I can protect my girl!" I'm sure you're quite capable of protecting your girl. She's still the same girl in heels/flats/sandals/whatever. Whether you want to admit it or not, not being cool with her heels IS insecurity. Be proud she's tall! Instead of feeling sorry for yourself, try this:When you guys go out and she (OH NOEZ!) wears heels, see if there are any other guys checking her out. And when you find that they are, look at them and make sure they know that that sexy woman next to you is in fact YOURS, and they may not touch. It makes her feel good, and you'll feel like you're protecting her. Know what I mean? :)Once you can get past the idea that you HAVE to be taller, things get much nicer. You can enjoy -her- instead of worrying about her height.

• I agree with you, I also have hi heels shoes and boots who are more comfy than my running shoes.

• Show Older
    • ...bodies with illusions like high heeled shoes. You are very quick to assume I am assaulting your power or your pride, or the power or pride of women, when this is false. I do believe women are powerful and special- but I disagree that women should (or even do) feel the need to be physically, unnaturally bigger. It's not naturally tall girls I am questioning, it is the shorter girls who feel the need to be taller than they really are that seems silly to me. Of course I understand it is just...

• Modern society that has created these unnatural expectations, and it's not the average girls fault. My impression is that you have misinterpreted my question as an offensive one and defensively (and rather rudely I might add) answered me assuming I was questioning women's RIGHT to do something they want. I wasn't. I was only questioning their WANTING to do it. I've had some insightful answers, and to be blunt, yours hasn't really been that insightful. Thanks for trying though.

• Heels are terrible. Your legs look hot, but YOU don't. Why? Cause your walking around like an a f***en broken bird, it SOUNDS annoying , and it's not really who YOU are... so I think they're sorta silly. Yea they looks sexy on your feet, on display, in the bedroom, but on the street... in reality... WAY more cons.

• Broken bird? buwahahaha

• Lolz.

• For a hot night in the bedroom: heck yeah! For a photo-shoot: sure, sounds good and sexy. For very very special occasions that don't last very long: maybe (depends). To wear them at work (not counting my type of work) or around town though seems crazy to me. I do love the look of nice classy spiked heel shoes as long as they are about 1-3 inches at the most. But my rule of thumb for shoes (not counting when I am modeling) is that I have to be able to fight, run, kick ass, go to battle and run errands in my footwear. I either wear nothing, sneakers or combat boots. I am one of the few dancers I know (my other job) that wears no shoes on stage. Luckily for me the place where I dance is very supportive of the women and lets them all do their own thing. High heeled shoes look classy and sexy but I think that they are a horribly impractical type of footwear that are dangerous and unhealthy for women to wear long-term. By the way, I am not talking about the really high spiked ones like 6-9 inches or those awful platform shoes which I think are a joke. Those things seem like they were invented by a misogynistic man that was trying to predict the fashion trends of the year 2073 while on really bad drugs.

• I wear heels because I'm 5'2 and they make my legs look nicer. They also make me feel confident and really feminine. I don't wear them often though. Side note: My tallest heels are like 5 inches and they kill after a few hours, not to mention can become quite dangerous if I'm not careful ( although it doesn't really help that I am constantly tripping - even in flats). 7 inch heels sound ridiculously painful. Make sure she doesn't have to walk through gravel or get anywhere fast, because I know I'd probably end up twisting my ankle, especially if the heels are really skinny.

• It makes legs longer, long legs is one of the aesthetic canons, like big boobs, long neck, thin waist, etc

• i do it to look taller

• Girls wear high heel to be taller and they wear them to be sexier

• But girls are more attractive to most men when they are shorter- it makes us feel like we can protect them. I understand that clothes models are tall, but girls are already beautiful! I don't see why they try to alter what they already are if it's not needed :P

• The leg improvement is a big adjustment and boosts our confidence. The height also gives the illusion of being even more slim, and don't deny it, most girls strive to look smaller than they are. I love wearing heels (even though I can't run in them) because I feel so awesome in them, also because they match a lot more. Not to mention that I have a few pairs even more comfy than my regular shoes. They also almost never give you blisters. Seven inches sounds a bit ridiculous -- I would never go over 5. Make sure she takes it slow while learning to walk in them and never walks in gravel or grass with them on.

• lol haahur tall it can't be that bad maybe she like being taller. (have you told her to get shorter heels?)

• beauty is pain! :) ahahno but really, it's because it makes us feel feminine and elegant.

• Ah I guess that makes sense :P

• Just want to start off by saying your really hot and your style is sick but...I don't know why either ...lol what's the big deal I think its the media...your not a girl unless you wear tonss of make-up and 30 inc heels and your little sisters clothes ...lol HAHAHA

• Three reasons:1) Because we are short2) If you are in a professional environment, heels are the one thing you know are professional enough to wear at work.3) They make you feel confident & they're really cute :)

• They make us feel and look sexier, they make an outfit more dressed up. I mean they look a heck of a lot better than wearing flats or sneakers with most outfits.

• I kind of get what you mean

What Guys Said 13

• Girls wear heals because it pushes up their muscles on their legs to give it a more toned look to look sexier. Its not about being taller. Females look hotter in heels

• Girls wear high heels for very fundamental reasons: (1) to lift their butts, (2) to polish and stiffen their legs, (3) for sexiness (esp. when adding the click of the shoes).

• Dude, girls like looking sexy. For themselves and for guys. Wearing heels makes them look slimmer, gives definition to their calf muscles and ass etc . Plus they like the attention, reminds them they have (most) of the sexual power in their favour with guys.I've 5'8", and though I don't like being shorter than my girl, in someways it's cool ('Hey look at that short guy! How's he bagged that leggy hot girl?')

• Seven inch heels?! I assume she knows a good chiropractor? :)

• Because of a simple truth every girl learned when having her hair brushed out and trying on her first push up bra. It hurts to be beautiful.

• Push up bras don't hurt..:/

• Hahaha neither is having your hair brushed out.just wearing heels really.

• Girls who wear heels wear them to either look taller and or because they're just too lazy to work out.

• Lol, as I was scrolling down this page I noticed an ad for high heels xD That just takes the biscuit.Yeah... I preffer casual things. Like converse shoes.Girls wear them for looks, that's the main reason I think.Anything else is a bonus, or a con.

• I think its hott when a girl wears high heels and walks in the perfectly or very well and if she doesn't that's ok too. xD

• they make legs look sexier, muscles in the leg pop out when you stand on your toes.

• Next time she wears them, look as her ass. You'll know why.

• I have to agree with 38rakia38, I'm short but a woman in heels is hot, I guess that's just me.

• Thank you mustang.

• I've never understood it either... I've always assume it was for girls who were really short...

• to me it makes their feet look like hooves... not a big fan of heels id rather have a girl in flip flops any day

• Hells yeah ;)