Girls, why do women wear hardly any clothes at all, then get pissed when a guy looks at them?

I just returned from a trip where a lot of women were wearing low cut shirts and super short shorts, but whenever guys noticed them they got all uncomfortable and started pulling and adjusting their clothes. Why on earth would you wear clothes like that if you didn't want guys to notice or it made you uncomfortable when they did?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• You have a point. If a barely dressed man walked down the street, I would look... but for a second. Staring is rude, and perhaps that's what made them uncomfortable?

But. If the weather is hot, what the heck am I supposed to wear? Jeans and a sweater? When I wear revealing clothing, it's for functionality, not to get attention. I hate it when guys stare at me at the beach. Taking a look is one thing, but some men are so creepy about it, and perhaps they just don't notice it.

• Thank you for taking the time to reply.

While I try not to stare, I am sure that I have on occasion. I am by no means trying to make you uncomfortable, I am just simply enjoying the view. My apologies if a look that lasts a little long makes you uncomfortable. I do try and not be creepy about it or to look too long.

If I had a body I was comfortable in and went without a shirt and women stared at me, I would be flattered, not think it is creepy, but maybe that is just a guy thing.

I don't think you should wear Jeans and a Sweater either, I kind of understand the functionality. Though guys, and plenty of women, seem to be just as functional in longer shorts, where their backside isn't falling out, and a top that keeps their breasts from falling out.

I have always thought it quite odd that a woman will wear clothing that they are falling out of and then constantly pull them up, or down. It's like why bother wearing it at all if you are that uncomfortable in it?

• You're welcome! And yes - you also have a good point with the different types of shorts. It's true, some women are unnecessarily revealing...

What Girls Said 7

• Well when it's hot out we should be able to wear less clothes (for functional purposes) without being stared at. It's a little rude and creepy. Just because a female is wearing shorts or something like that doesn't mean she wants you to stare or wants attention whatsoever

• What is "functional purposes"? What can you do functionally with less clothes than with more clothes?

I don't see how much cleavage or ass a woman is showing off has anything to do with how "functional" her clothes are.

As a guy I can do everything with Levi's and a t-shirt on that I could do in a speedo sure it might be cooler, heat wise, if I was in a speedo but the are both "functional".

• Well it's a hell of a lot easier to enjoy yourself when you're cooler.

• Because it's uncomfortable when someone looks at you for too long. They're wearing those shirts and shorts because they think they're cute and they like them, not to get your attention. Just imagine just standing somewhere minding your own business and someone comes along and starts staring into your eyes; it's the same with any other body part. It's creepy and uncomfortable.

• Sometimes we buy something that's the latest trend and it seems very glamorous or innocuous until we step outside. We were just fine and comfortable with it until some creep leered as us and it made us feel degraded. An admiring glance is nice but staring sets of the fight or flight response as it would in the animal kingdom or days of early man.

• Maybe became its hot and we want to
    Wear something that will keep us cool

, a better
    Question is why do guys feel a need to
    Stare at women and make them uncomfortable

• I regards to adjusting clothing - I prefer lower cut shirts because, having large boobs as I do, shirts with hih necks are extremely unflattring.

Unfortunately, the weight of my boobs tends to pull the neckline even further down, but during he day I won't always notice. However, if someone is staring, it'll remind me of the issue and I'll awkwardly correc the problem.

So, there's one reason for it.

• because it was summer and hot and they didn't do it for men.

• Personally, when I decide not to wear much, it's because it's fucking hot outside and every extra piece of clothing makes it that much worse.

I freaking hate hot weather.

But yeah, it's not because I want attention at all.