Is dyed bright red hair hot?

My hair is long and bright red (think like, Ariel the little mermaid or Jessica Rabbit). I have had a lot of guys tell me it's very sexy. What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be hot but it depends on your facial features, skin colour, style and haircut. It can also have an opposite effect. You know, if you're a tomboy with short bright red hair it usually sends a "lesbian message".

But, as I said, it can be really hot...
    cdnpix.com/.../...d01034a9a93f787b2f20bf22a759.jpg

... or not...
    2.bp.blogspot.com/.../hair+bethd.jpg

:)

• Hahaha! I'm definitely closer to the first picture but maybe not quite as gorgeous as she is!! My hair is about halfway down my back and curly. I think the red works on me because I have green eyes!

• @Asker

Yeah, the second lady really screwed up her appearance :) by the way, your description sounds great: red, long, curly hair AND green eyes! HOT! :D

What Guys Said 7

• I love girls with bright colored hair. I did date this 1 girl that had bright hair and whatever dye she used seemed to run a lot, it be on her, her clothes. I don't know how that works but she would look like a mess sometimes. Other than that I loved it.

• I get mine professionally done so it doesn't run nearly as much as the store bought brands do! But I do know the struggle of ruining white or light coloured towels after washing my hair! I only have dark red towels now for that reason alone! haha.

• The younger you are the better you can pull it off, but generally I don't find it hot. Just not for someone my age range, but you probably could make it look good.

• I agree. I'm 21 now, I'll probably go back to a natural colour when I'm around 25 maybe

• Depends on the girl. c:
    There's a cute girl I know who is suits perfectly. :')

• Bright artificial colors are not attractive. It screams attention whore and needy to me.

• well you're entitled to your opinion!!

• It looks hot!

• My opinion is similar to @foxloversi 's. I think bright red hair can very hot, in my opinion, any girl whose hair is almost shoulders length will be hotter if she dye her hair bright red, therefore, there are girls who can be attractive for me just for dying her hair bright red.

Yesterday I saw some guys whose girlfriend wore dyed red hair and it made me think they are lucky for it.

The only disadvantage for a girl to dye her hair red is she doesn't look as elegant as with her natural hair color.

• I love that bright red hair like Eva Marie on WWE. Blue, pink and I generally don't care for blondes but if there are lavender highlights or tips in her blonde hair I will make an exception.

What Girls Said 5

• My boyfriend wants me to dye my hair that colour lmao. I do think it looks pretty cool though, I would never have the balls to do it though.

• You just gotta work up the courage. Start maybe with just balayage or red ombre and see how you like it and work to a full head! Be warned though that your dark hair will take a lot longer to get vibrant. My natural colour is about 2 shades lighter than yours and still took forever to get to the shade I'm at (i refused to bleach it because that's horrible for your hair!)

• Yeah, I had a dark green ombre about two years ago and the bleach killed my hair. It legit started breaking off, it was terrible.

• If they tell you it is, then it is.

• I've always thought it looks tacky honestly.

• It looks really bad if you do it yourself, a lot of people think they know what they're doing and they mix the wrong colours and it washes them out. I get mine done at a salon and they have a formula that matches my skin tone well. I've had a lot of people tell me it almost looks like it should be natural on me (even though it very very obviously isn't haha)

• Yeah I hate seeing it done when people bleach out their hair and use cheap brands on it, it is so bad for your hair and always ends up looking terrible!
      I'm white but I'm not super fair. I guess I'd say I'm medium-fair or so. The red brings out a lot of the rosiness in my cheeks and looks quite nice, I also have green eyes and it really makes them pop!
      I love darker skinned women with red hair though! Like when Rihanna was red, omg she was gorgeous!

• Cheryl Cole pulled it off too!
      And ariana grande!

• It can be, if you pull it off.

• i like bright red hair. it can be really pretty.