My girlfriend wants to shave head bald should I let her?

she wants to shave hers for charity

Most Helpful Girl

• "let her" you don't own her or her hair. She can do what the fuck she wants.

What Girls Said 10

• its her hair... she's free to do whatever she wants with it... she is doing it for a good reason (charity)

• You can't tell her what to do but you can choose to leave her if you don't like what she does.

• My girlfriend is shaving her head for St. Baldrick's and raising $1000 for her goal. Of course the thought of her shaving her head made me scared. What if I wasn't attracted to her anymore? What if people think she's sick/has cancer? what if people stare? We were only going out for a few months at the time and we got into horrible fights about it.. People don't understand that it's hard on your part too learning to look past the superficial. However, that's exactly what love is. It's looking past the outside. After all, if you fell in love with her as a person, having no hair isn't gonna change her personality or her beautiful smile or the way her eyes sparkle. My girlfriends shaving her head in January for children's cancer and I couldn't be anymore proud, so I think you should let your girlfriend shave her head too.

• Should you "let" her? Ummmm yeah.

• Do you also have rules "letting" her breathe? She has free will. She wasn't (hopefully) asking permission. Support your woman, and show her you care about her! She's doing a great thing. It's hair... it grows back.

• Okay... You don't "let" your girlfriend do anything. Just no, you can offer her your opinion, but you don't tell her what to do with her body. Secondly if it's what she wants she should go for it, especially since it's for a good cause.

• Why does she want to shave it?

• You're not her parents, she can do whatever she wants.

• It's not your decision. You don't "let her" do anything.

• It is not a matter of allowance. If she wants to do it, it's her right. You cannot stop her.

What Guys Said 9

• I think girls with shaved head are so sexy
    monicacph.files.wordpress.com/.../...mielenoir.jpg

• Unless they have reinstituted chattel slavery, you have no right to "let" her do anything.

She is doing it for the benefit of others and it will grow back.

One solution might be a compromise. Ask if she would be willing to grow it very long after that. This might make you feel better about supporting her decision.

• Well, you don't really get to "let her" do anything, do you?

If it were my girlfriend and she wanted to shave her head for charity, I'd totally support her in doing so, and I'm a guy that generally prefers shoulder length + hair.

• her hair her rules bro 8)

• Lol oh man, that'd be hideous. You go from having a cute/hot girlfriend to having a chemo patient girlfriend. ugh.

First, remain cool. Second, realize an ultimatum like you'll break up with her, won't be good. Maybe something like, "Sure you can shave your head. Call me back in three months when you don't look like a chemo patient, ciao!"

• It's her head so she'll do it with or without your permission if she is super serious about it. I say let her do it though. She is shaving her head for a good cause and she may actually rock the bald look.

• For what exactly? Cancer foundation or something?

• It's not your place to "let her." It's not your head or your hair to make a decision about.

• If you like that, and don't mind...