Weird to wear blazer to high school?

Hi, I would consider myself fashionable and like to dress nice but am afraid I will look like an idiot for dressing nice to high school. I own various suits, blazers, etc.. style my hair, wear cologne. I have special hollister and AE clothes I wear to hs so I look normal there (XD). Will it be ok if I wear like a blazer everyday. Should I keep it casual, or can I step it up like I am in grad school? What do you guys think? Go all out, casual, or stick with basic AE and hollister crap. Thanks. by the way I don't want people to think I am saying I am better than them by dressing nice, or I am trying to show how I am a "different guy than the others"...

See, the dude below who said he'd think I am a "douche". This makes me wonder if it's the specific style, (casual or formal) or the fact I am wearing a blazer at all...

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude, wear what you like. These guys who think dressing like that makes you a douche are just jealous/insecure.
    Too many people try to 'fit in' and wear what everyone else wears. If you want to wear a blazer to school go for it!

You're a young man and should start dressing like one. When I turned 18 I threw out all my t shirts and baggy jeans, and I started wearing nice collated shirts, blazers, nice shoes.

My brother has just left high school and he used to wear a waistcoat! Everyone thought he was great because he didn't act like a dick but just felt comfortable in his clothes. The girls definitely noticed him too haha.

One thing I always say to people is this, there's nothing wrong with being the best dressed guy in the room. You need self confidence (not to be confused with arrogance) but you'll feel better for it. People will see you and know instantly you're s guy who takes care of himself.

Start wearing that sort of clothing and you'll notice a huge positive difference my friend!

What Girls Said 8

• I think you should dress in whatever way makes you happy. I dress a lot nicer than most of the people in my school, most of whom mostly wear sweats or crappy jeans and t shirts or other very casual clothes. Sometimes people ask about my clothes, and sometimes, it does feel a little weird, but I like the way I dress. I know this is a typical, stupid answer, but it's true. As long as you can get over the way the idiots of the world, who don't care about their appearance, then you should most definitely dress in the blazers or however you like to dress.

• If your a fashionable guy you have to take risks with what u wear.

I'm a fashionable person and I do.
    Wear that to school if u think it looks hot

• You should wear whatever you want, well as long as it's school appropriate. I think dressing nice is important and I plan to try to dress nice in high school too. And guys who wear fashionable clothes are rare where I live so I think you should.

• And this is why I don't get why schools over there don't have uniforms. In the uniforms I use to wear for high school here, it was optional if you wanted to buy and wear a blazer. And I did

Go for it, who cares.

• Wear a blazer! I wear blazers to school. They look hella-cool!

• Wear what you want! :) My school has blazers but we only use them for formal events but by all means wear what you want, don't let any judgments stop you :)

• Just do what the fuck you want

• Dress casual.. and you can wear blazer too.

As long as what you wear is appropriate, go ahead.

What Guys Said 5

• you wear want you want to wear, what we look like is part of who we are, what makes us, unique, individuals your the blazer guy, I am the cardigan, both pieces are kind of uncommon in some areas, but we like to wear em so we do.

• Go 4 it man, show the people you have class.

• Mix it up - Wear what you want - Whatever you feel comfortable in

• I'll think that you're a douche but if you want to do it don't listen to what people tell you, hell I don't care what people say since I only wear all black

• May i ask why wearing a blazer makes someone a douche? I like to dress smart and wear a blazer when im out. Does that make me a douche?

Perhaps take a look at yourself before making negative comments about other people.

• Lol you should read the rest of my opinion because you look like an imbecile xD and its in high school

• Yes. I don't think anyone has worn blazers in high school for quite some time.