Does your limbal ring indicates what color your iris will be?

Recently my eyes are becoming lighter and i am starting to develop a hazel brown ring around my iris. Does that mean my iris will look like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I'm sorry it doesn't. The limbal ring is a sign of youth and it simply lightens and shrinks with age. If you see a light brown ring, that is a different thing and comes from copper deposits around the iris.

There have been some studies dont that indicate that people with darker limbal rings are perceived as more attractive.

My eyes are green but my limbal ring is a dark blue. It is finer than when I was 20 but the color hasn't changed much. (Im 52 now)

• So could the iris changing colors be apart of age too?

• My limbal ring isn't thin its actually getting thicker and it seems to spreading towards my iris. Is that normal?

• It only seems that way. But you are very young. You won't see changes until you are a lot older. Eyes change color all the time. Diet, sunlight, just biology... pregnancy can change them too (they go back)

What Guys Said 1

• A limbal ring is a dark ring around the iris of the eye. It is a dark-colored manifestation of the corneal limbus resulting from optical properties of the region.
    Limbal rings become less pronounced with age, thus darker rings imply youthfulness and are considered attractive. Some contact lenses are colored to simulate limbal rings (Wikipedia)

What Girls Said 1

• i dont think so.