Is telling a complete stranger he's cute awkward to him?

If I were to tell the guy that I'm interested in that he's cute randomly would he think I was some sort of creeper?

we don't know each other and I want to know how I can get his attention.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it can totally work. This is how I wound up with my first real girlfriend. She did the same thing (although over Facebook). And personally, I think girls being straightforward is not only hot but awesome on principle.

That being said; look as hot as you possibly can when you do it, since so limited an amount of contact will mean it will come down to looks. And have something ready to say after that for both an accepting and a rejecting reaction. There is a lot of potential for awkward. But you should totally do it.

• Wouldn't they just say thanks & walk away? what could he possibly say as a rejection to that? lol

• If you do it in a situation where he CAN walk away sure. And I personally think doing that would be rather unkind -almost rude- to you.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, that would be awkward. You need to "meet" him as he would any other girl. Just walk up and introduce yourself. Make sure somebody else you know is there so that you aren't going into a complete alien situation. After that, flirt like hell.

• It's awkward, but in a good way; getting a guy off-balance is a good test of his poise.

• Not at all.

Good Luck.

- Harvey D

• If you're good looking to him then I'd think he'd be flattered. I know I'd be.

• Not to me.

What Girls Said 1

• I will randomly approach guys and tell them they're hot, as long as they look nice and approachable. I've never had a guy that didn't at least smile and say 'thanks'. I've got guys' friends offer numbers (but I haven't taken them since they were not directly from the guy) and one time when I saw a REALLY hot guy, I couldn't let him go and handed him my number. We've been in good contact ever since. Go for it as long as they have 'open faces' and look approachable.