• Ask
  • myTake

What does it mean when a guy says you're "alright"

this guy I think is cute thinks I'm "alright" what does that mean?! I just met him and I wanna know what he thinks of me..

does it have to do with more of your body or face ...
the thing is we don't really know each other .. so I don't know.
plus our first encounter was kinda awkward cause we were both shy , could that have something to do with it
should I keep trying to get to know him then?

Most Helpful Opinion

• Ok,I'm gonna give a more specific answer,if he said:"you're alright" it usually means that you are pretty or good looking but he's not too much interested in you...yet,so it means that for the moment you're just "ok",in my opinion you should try him to get to know you better so he could find you more interesting,remeber this:"alright" is a term we use to say "normal",but in this case it means he could be more interested in you,but not too much with what he has seen for now.So,just try to show him the side of you he might find interesting because the one he has already seen doesn't had the greatest impact on him.My answer...keep trying u'll get what you want but follow my advice,I hope I've been helpful and remember to rate if you like my opinion.

What Guys Said 6

• yeah, but don't be clingy about it

• If he says your alright, being it was your first encounter, it could be about how he feels about you as a friend. He might think your cool and all, but not someone he finds himself attracted too. this is just me, I don't know this guy. maybe talk to him about it

• everything.

• it means your ok looking girl.

Good Luck.

- Harvey D

• To me, it could mean a couple of things, but both not great.

1. eh your not that cute but ur not bad. (little higher than just okay)

2. I think you are unattractive, and I don't want to hurt your feelings so I'm just going to say you are alright. Don't want to come off as a jerk.

I don't know what you look like so couldn't tell ya, one guy might find you ugly, another guy might find you beautiful. so good luck

What Girls Said 1

• ok I have something to ask you all give me your true opinion and so on... well I just met this guy at school that I go to and we kicked it off good so far he is 41 i hanged out with him for the first the alone and he took me out to lunch and for once my life someone paid he says I am alright he really says I'm beautiful but it's come to the conclusion I think he only wants sex he has a daughter my age I'm going to be 21 it's a little awkward but he doesn't look like he's 41 you would think he's like 25 nor29... and I also have a secret I got right back in 2012 in that encounter after the rap I was diagnosed with herpes I have to deal with that for the rest of my life I don't know how to bring it up to him or should I wait

0/2500