Are leggings too revealing?

I feel like this has always been a debate between me and my friends. I personally wouldn't wear leggings with a short top, I find it a bit innapropiate... Or maybe I'm just being too strict on myself? Many argue that leggings are "pants" and don't show anything. What do you guys think?

By revealing I don't mean transparent (leggings are solid black) but I mean the way they outline your lower body shape

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not revealing in the sense we can see you skin but I can surely see what you will exactly look like naked! That is very revealing

Girls like it cause it being their sexy level up so high and it's super comfortable, half the times their pussies are popping out... imagine a guy walking around with a bulge all day long and you could of actually see it!

Anything super comfortable usually implies less, less is more when it comes to comfort so with that logic, it can be revealing because I'm telling you I can tell exactly what you would like naked

Most Helpful Girl

• Leggings should not be worn as pants in my opinion

What Guys Said 21

• Bless the creation of leggings and yoga pants!

• I think of them as the same as any other figure hugging clothes to me they are okay as long as they don't start to show the outline of body parts then they are too tight.

• Leggings are a bit like makeup, in that they misrepresent what's going on. You can get all sorts of compressing, turning many shapes into one shape (the shape the designer deaigned). It's easy for most any girl with a slimish waist and thickish legs to look AMAZING.
    But leggings are also like underwear. They reveal the 'exact' curve and shape of your body, it's like you're not wearing anything.
    So I think your opinion is an extremely valid one.
    Anyway, you do you girl

• I think you got the right idea my niece is age 14 and would never be allowed to wear leggings but who ever has a preference to wear them i don't judge them girls.

• I only think it's too revealing for young girls to wear. Like a young girl trying to look older than she is.
    A young girl that has reason to wear them like she is a dancer or some athlete that wears them, then I don't see an issue.

• Love leggings, jeggings, yoga tights

• I love leggings. I agree, they are revealing. They're like in between pants and nudity. If you don't feel comfortable wearing them, then don't. :D

• Mmmmmmm I like them on women :3

• I don't think so. I wear them just fine lol

• They look very attractive on women

• no they are fine as long as they are not see through :)

• I call them girls fuck me pants

• yes. because its going to turn heads.

• Nope. Leggings are not revealing at all.

• Maybe if you're a sheltered religious person.

• leggings be hot af

• No there perfect!

• it really depends on the type of leggings.

• Yeah I wouldn't want my girlfriend wearing them lol

• I don't midn if a girl wears them. I get it, they're comfortable or whatever it is but, to try and pull them off AS pants, is inappropriate. They are NOT pants. They're leggings. If you want to wear something comfortable but are pants, then wear yoga pants, or sweats (though I don't really like when people wear sweats in public (when it's not a gym))

• Ya cause you have class unlike some females. I mean if you don't mind guys knowing what the outline of your cooch looks like and exactly what your ass looks like, then no big deal. I love looking at their goodies if they put them on display but would never in a million years date a girl like that.

What Girls Said 22

• Naa I don't think they are too revealing at all. As long as they are not kinda see through and you see panties... I don't know why some people hate on leggings so much, they are so comfy and look so good at the same time, while tight skinny jeans does almost the same BUT they are quite uncomfortable and hard to get on...

• I shouldn't wear leggings as pants...

But YOLO and I like being comfy. When I go to the library I go in leggings and a comfy sweater 90% of the time

phew, I said it 😥

• I wear leggings to the gym. Baggy clothes just get caught on stuff or stop me from being able to move around freely. So I'm comfortable just rocking up in them and a tank. That being said, there is a huge difference between fashion leggings and sports leggings or tights. Sport ones are generally a bit thicker, more stretchy and often have some weird magical fabric technology so it doesn't look like you're sweating. Fashion leggings tend to be less flexible and generally a thinner fabric. That means they show more, so if it's a fashion legging i will only wear it with a longer top or jacket that covers my butt.
    I don't know if that helps but yeah.

• Well it kind of depends on whether you have something to reveal or not.

If you're skinny or flat I'd say not so much. If you're hippy or curvy then yeah but that's up to the person to dress how they want to.

• Agreed and thanks for saving me from typing this exact same thing ^_^

• @Mistnigqa808

Yeah exactly. Kinda like how flat girls can were booty shorts/daisy dukes but if you have a butt you're look down upon or slutty.

• exactly!!! couldn't have said it better myself LOL

• I really only wear leggings to work out. If you are going to hit on me while I'm sweating like a pig, it's your funeral.

• some are, but some are pretty good with compression.

• Well, leggings (and I hope you mean sport leggings, not those who are meant to be worn under something else), are not the same as pants. Sure sometimes you can wear them with not a too tight shirt, but wearing them every day with tight tops are a no go. It just looks a bit cheap.

• It depends how thick the leggings are!! The cheap, thin ones go transparent over your bum. I have some pairs that I wear as trousers because you can't see anything through them, others I need a long top, shorts or a skirt over the top so I don't show the world my knickers.

• i don't understand when tight-fitting clothes became "revealing"

i wear yoga pants/leggings everywhere with short tops. i babysit a 2 yr old boy 4-5 times a week and i wear yoga pants everyday; i wore yoga shorts when it was summer. neither of his parents have a problem with it, and they're both around 40 and more conservative sooo

• I wear them as pants

• I can totally understand how leggings can be seen as revealing. They are against dress code at my school actually.

• I'm so skinny i can't buy pants that fit how i want so i have to wear leggings.
    Its whatever. They're comfy and i don't think they're revealing at all.

• I find it revealing too if worn with just a short top.

• sometime. especially the cheaper ones because they tend to be a little see through

• Depends on how thick they are. And I don't wear them without something covering my bum.

• Honestly I don't wear leggings like pants its just I don't know. To me it's just a no, but that's just me.

• I normally just match it with a long shirt :)

• no leggings aren't to revealing

• I agree with you. Leggings should be worn with something sort of coverage, it could be a skirt, shorts or a long shirt. Just coverage

• I have to say hands down that you are a Classy girl. I feel like every since they made leggings everyone want to show their whole body and pussy area. Its not right it makes them look cheap and trashy. I have to say it how it is lets leave a little bit of imagination to a guys brain. If people are going to wear leggings wear it with something long to cover your area. Now in days women will do anything for attention its so sad. Desperate ass women and little girls. 😂😂😂
    Good for you being so young you know right from wrong. Don't pay attention to your friends.

• If the person wearing them is comfortable and happy with it, and they don't feel over exposed, it's fine. Personally, I'll only wear them with dresses or shirts that cover my butt. But that's just me and what I'm comfortable with, so everyone else can wear what they're comfortable with and I won't judge them for it. I might judge if they look bad in whatever they chose, but yeah... That's a me problem. Working on it.

• There are some leggings that are opaque enough, it's alright. Ones that are basically tights and are see-through should be worn with a really long shirt or dress/skirt.